Gravis Captains

ShinyRhino

Anyone running one?

I'm about to build and paint my first Primaris models, and I can't decide between the Gravis Captain or the Birthday Captain (Primaris with power fist and plasma pistol).

Gravis is points heavy, but if you give him the Armour Indomitus he's a boulder. Regular Primaris can also take the armour, but at T4 he feels like he'll be making more save rolls.

Thoughts?

Since they both are characters with <10 wounds neither should be making lots of save rolls unless they are in melee. The Gravis Captain is great but if all he does is standing behind your shooty units then you are better off with a different Captain since all the Gravis benefits and the fist would be wasted in that case.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to use one with SFTS and 6 Bolt Storm Aggressors.

He kicks a surprising amount of ass.

The difference between T4 and T5 shouldn't be underestimated. It meant the difference between the opponent's deamon prince wounding on 3s instead of 2s, allowing my Captain to then survive and fight back, severely wounding it.

The Armour Indomitus always works well on him, as does the extra wound/6+FNP warlord trait.

Even without those though he's still a reletively tank for a decent price :D

I like him and would recommend him for a frontline Captain.

If your keeping him at the back to buff your gunline I'd go for a Standard Primaris Captain with Stalker Bolt Rifle. But that's just me

I'm not playing with one because it's just not aesthetically fitting for me.  But I'll paint him up anyway because HOBBY FOR THE HOBBY GOD!

If you own the model, just paint it.  Pics or it didn't happen ^_^

Thanks all.

I'm going to paint my Gravis Captain eventually , but am not sure how I'll get him around the field. I don't have the time or money for a Repulsor right now, nor any Aggressors yet to advance on foot with him.

I'm starting by replacing my tactical squads with Intercessors, so the Birthday Captain will likely see the table first.

Archived