NO MY TOE IS NOT IN THE WATER.
<Picard maneuver> Ahem!
Dear Chaos Space Marine forum,
Couple random questions:
1. only units with the <Daemon Engine> keyword are eligible for the Daemonforge strategem, correct?
2. is there any game mechanic stopping a Chaos SM player from bringing an Allied Imperial Guard Detachment? Obviously there would be no positive interaction between units with <Imperium> vs <Chaos> in your own army, but there's nothing legally stopping you from doing so, correct?
3. ....before you mention Renegades and Heretics, A. where can one find rules for Renegades and Heretics B. is there any major apples-to-apples advantage to GEQ bodies being RH instead of IG?
4. Is Tide of Traitors able to be used on a unit that is locked in combat?
5. Iron Within, Iron Without: can be used on on <Iron Warriors> unit, so it does not have to be a multi-wound single model, correct? So you could use it on a Chaos Space Marine or Cultist squad so long as they have the <Iron Warriors> keyword. Likewise, you could use it on something like a Fellblade as long as it has the <Iron Warriors> keyword
6. Let's say your <Black Legion> <Word Bearers> <Iron Warriors> or some other non-aligned Heretic Astartes force. Fluff aside (I know, I know!), is there any game mechanic that could stop say a <Black Legion> Sorcerer from casting Diabolic Strength on a <Black Legion> Chaos Lord with a Mark of Khorne?
7. Daemon Princes are awesome, because to piggy back off of #6 above, you could take say a <Black Legion> Daemon Prince with a Mark of Nurgle and thus give re-rolls of 1 to both a unit of Plaguebearers as well as a <Black Legion> Biker squad with a Mark of Tzeentch because both the DP gets to double-dip with both <Nurgle> and <Black Legion> 7b. Is there any reason not to
abuse the out of this not do this?
8. Exalted Champions provide the ability re-roll all To Wound in combat...but is there any way to get any sort of re-roll To Wound for Shooting?
9. Chainaxe vs Chainsword. Axe gives you +1S and AP-1 while the sword gives +1A. Seems like the Chainaxe is a remarkably efficient way to give Sgts of all stripes a little (chain-toothed) edge in combat. Am I missing something or is there some math hammer reason to stick with a Chainsword besides saving some points?
Thank you all.