Laz's Lawbringers: A Tale Of Loyal-ish Night Lords

Chiwie

Hey folks.

I've been roped into a tale of the X warlords and decided to use it as an excuse to provide a punching bag for my loyalist Astartes (you can see them here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/340944-venit-hora-swords-of-davion/ ).

Presenting the worst loyalist Astartes you could find, Laz's Lawbringers.

8ppXxj9.png

Month one was a HQ and a troop so I knocked over an exalted champion and a 10 man Chaos Space Marine Squad. I've decided that the 2 minor player's in Laz's Lawbringers will have a signature. Jax is a terran marine and harkens back to the long lost nobility of the legion and as such has a wolf motif on his miniature.

4BDJdWB.jpg

This is Jax. Jax hates Laz. Jax hates his warband. Jax hates that they betrayed, then turned loyalist again, then double crossed and then tripled crossed the imperium.

He has a trusty bolt pistol and the "Sword Of Swift Judgement" (a murder sword in game) making him handy at 'sentencing' other characters.

RjWQgQQ.jpg

Thalus is one of the few legionaries that Jax gets along with. A sensible terran born marine, he shows his allegiance to Jax with his wolf pelt. I used the same power weapon effect on the sword as I did on my loyalist marines, flipping the palette by using green power sword effects on blue armour.

715bpd6.jpg

Some of the marines. Painting blue has been a change from all the green I've been doing of late on my Swords of Davion marines.

yYe4TWW.jpg

Group shot of 2nd Claw.

I've gone into a bit more detail on the tale blog, which you can find here: http://goo.gl/ZzAfE1

• 1 month later...

Month ‘2’ is done and dusted.

I gotta say, the trim on these really got me down in the dumps and I'll need to figure out a better way of doing it or avoiding it in the future.

Hp1Xyc9.png

These dudes into more ‘chaos-y/corpse emperor worshiping corrupted’ side of the army theme, hence going heavy on trim and mixing in less FW hersey bitz and bobs.

This is reinforced by painting the little spikes on jump packs as teeth with gums starting to form out of the metal, along with bone coloured bits featuring more than the red. I also used the raptor shoulder pad and painted it as very pallid flesh, showing the armour warping to become skin.

Very loyal, imperium approved skin if Jax asks by the by.

ClraAHJ.jpg

Barring Odafin, the warp talon squad leader Yaz’ar’in is the most corrupt member of Laz’s Lawbringers, falsely worshiping the emperor in public and privately bearing the mark of nurgle.

Yaz’s flesh has been painted to be peeling back to reveal his skull on his face, exposing his skull beneath. His flesh on his lower jaw rotting so much that he now wears a mask to hide his newest physical defect from the more ‘pure’, Jax aligned members of the warband. He is the warbands chief terror weapon and the herald of it’s internal doom. For as long as Yaz’ar’in lives, Jax’s mission to rid the warband of Laz and Odafin is checked and the corruption spreads….

Anyhow.

So you might notice a few things are missing. Namely Laz’s runes on the knee pads and the claw marking. This for two reasons:

A: I thinking about doing something special for Odafin’s “finest”. Also raptor kit blank knees are rare and require more thought.
B: I need to paint terrain and the other half of the Swords of Davion Kill Team for the xmas thrill team ham slam. My hopes are pinned on the power of zandri dust spray for this one folks.

So with that in mind December’s mission is a return to finest troops that the Imperial Davionic Republics have to offer. Hopefully I can knock them over before xmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived