Make a Man(iple) out of You.

Think you might have replied to the wrong thread there Mandragola. :wink:

Things are coming along nicely with the board. 

yUtr2dcl.jpg

Mainly waiting on my brown paint to arrive. I'm aiming for a chocolate-y brown colour (like the test swatch in the top right), rather than the orange-y colour I've currently got.

While I wait, I guess I'll just have to get some more paint on my Titans. :teehee:

Dallo

They’re about 9mm.

It’s an interesting suggestion, but I think I’m done terraforming this board. A coat of brown paint and it will be well on the way to being finished.

So tonight was a bit of a breakthrough for me in terms of motivation. One of the things which was draining my hobby mojo last time was the fact that the Reaver I traded had arm magnets with the opposite polarity to my own Reaver. I’ve finally managed to drill out the shoulder sockets and redo the magnets so they match.

Just going to get a layer of silver primer down on the next Reaver and then I think I’ll call it a night.

Dallo

So the postman was kind today.

Firstly my brown paint arrived, so hoping to get some paint on the tiles tonight.

Perhaps more interestingly my 6mm Civilians arrived from eBay.

33QD8lyl.jpg

These cost me the princely sum of £1.25 (plus £1.25 postage). I think they're probably worth a punt at that price if you want to spice up your Titanicus basing (or terrain).

0gqf3sbl.jpg

I'm just experimenting with placement here, so nothing is glued, but I think it helps to sell the scale of the models.

Interestingly, I got three models in a seated position. Now I'm not saying I'm going to follow in others footsteps and build a Titan crew in the head of one of my Titans, but I'm not ruling it out either. :whistling:

Dallo

Only already dead sensible people would stay.

Interestingly, I got three models in a seated position. Now I'm not saying I'm going to follow in others footsteps and build a Titan crew in the head of one of my Titans, but I'm not ruling it out either. :whistling:

Dallo

Maybe not in the head but on a stand to use as a marker for princeps senioris or some alternative?

That's an interesting suggestion Mendi.

So I took this week off and worked with my Father-in-law to put a stud wall across our garage and make a new gaming room.

U0s88o1l.jpg

This was pretty near the start of the week, where we'd just put up the wall frame.

This is the finished product. 

rm3VTYsl.jpg

It's a little snug, but I can fit my collapsible 6x4 table in the room and still fit chairs around the edges. 

Here you can see my Titanicus setup. Still need to finish painting the Realm of Battle boards.

Looking forward to when things return to normal, so I can get some gaming buddies over to get a few games in.

Also, things haven't been entirely quiet on the Titan painting front. I'm making a bit of progress with my first Reaver.

AWTkooQl.jpg

Dallo 

Thanks folks.

I think I’m going to run a quick solo game on a 2x2 board, just to refresh myself on the rules.

The plan is one Warhound per side; one with megabolter/laser and one with plasma/inferno.

I think this should be roughly balanced in terms of power and still allows me to try out all the guns.

Dallo

Hi folks,

Sorry for being a bit quiet, I was waiting until I had something interesting to post.

I've had a decent amount of hobby time lately, so I decided I wanted a slight change of pace, so I'm planning to paint up a 1K Loyalist Maniple to oppose my Krytos.

I'm more or less settled on Nova Guard and have made a start on my Warhound.

The black parts are done, though everything else is still WIP. The armour plates which are still pure white are going to get a green stripe with masking tape, then reprimed, so there is no point doing the trim yet.

GPjBfVSl.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the speed on this one since the base was blank and the Titan was just sprayed silver three days ago.

ddoTHhWl.jpg

Here's an early WIP of the base. Just baking powder/soda superglued to the base, with some 40k gubbins to make a chemical plant.

I then added some transfers to add a sense of scale. Both transfers are from the Armiger transfer sheet, which has a lot of useful designs on it.

B9acReTl.jpg

I'm planning to add a subtle number to most of the bases to aid with identifying Titans and matching them to their command terminal.

emh0GvLl.jpg

Still need to do some washes and drybrushing on the base, but I'm happy with the amount of detail vs amount of effort spent on it.

Hoping I actually get a Titan finished before the end of the month, but we'll see what Life thinks of that plan.

I'm one step closer to a fully painted game against an actual, human opponent. :teehee:

Dallo

Thanks Chaeron.

Got a decent chunk of free time today. Just need to finish the weapons and then Stentorian is ready for the table top.

eFUhQpfl.jpg

Still finding it hard to take decent pictures of the white. When I have my lamps on, there is too much glare. 

I'll play around with lighting settings and see if I can get a better shot.

Now that I have the Warhound nearly done, I think I'll move on to the Warlord, with the aim to make a minimum Axiom maniple.

Some of you may remember Tertio Aestus who was the first ever Titan I bought. It's about time I get some more painting done.

I wanted to get opinions on having antlers on the head.

fbK7xzVl.jpg

I'll clean off the bells etc, but wanted to see what people thought of the idea. This is meant to represent the stag in Nova Guard heraldry.

I wanted to have the horns higher up the head, but any higher and you severely limit the ability of the head to actually turn.

7ZX8qgGl.jpg

w0xagHrl.jpg

C&C welcome.

Dallo

I like the antlers. They add some good character to the Titan, and I don't think anyone is going to check you on range of motion.

Since the force sizes in AT are comparatively small, it's almost a crime not to customize each Titan in some way that adds to its story.

I admit to some bias in that regard ;)

I like the antlers - subtle enough, but equally a cool component of the heraldic nature. I think I'd probably echo what noigrim suggests, in that I'd probably want them angled slightly more forward (as though they're pointing at a one or two o'clock sort of angle...) than just straight up, but that may just be personal preference!

Would you paint them as bone, or something different? 

Thanks folks.

Currently the horns are glued on, but I might take them off and reattach them.

I’m not sure on the painting scheme yet. I’m leaning towards gold as a continuation of the trim colour. I want them to look like ornamentation rather than mutations.

Dallo

• 7 months later...

Morning folks,

It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about this thread. I'm hoping that 2021 will be the year I finally get some Titans painted.

I'm heading to a 1750 point Titanicus event at the end of November (and will hopefully be seeing a few B&C Fraters there), so I'm putting in effort to get paint on my stompy robots. The minimum requirement is 3 colour minimum and based, but I'm hoping to get my models to a decent tabletop standard (though I'm happy to skip some highlights in the interest of speed, with the plan to come back to them afterwards).

I've got a few lists sketched out (which might change when we see the contents of the new Traitors book).

Recently I've been working on my second Reaver Titan. Working name is Barbican.

Currently it's just base colours and some decals, so I'm planning to neaten up some details and get some wash on the armour trim. Potentially will add some more decals.

47aWpPel.jpg

Sm7HXiWl.jpg

C&C Welcome.