Make a Man(iple) out of You.

Hi folks,

I've got my hands on my copy of Traitor Legios and have started to take a look through it.

I'm not overly sold on the updated Krytos rules. They are definitely an improvement, but I was hoping they would have some meaningful impact in any game (like how Gryphonicus have their Maniple swapping rule, different wargear options for their Reavers, but also have their challenge mechanic, which can be used in any Maniple, with any class of Titan. 

For Krytos, I'd made a couple of lists in preparation for this upcoming event and it's genuinely more impactful in terms of in game benefits to take no Legio trait, which feels a bit sad. I'm certainly not saying  I'll never use the updated rules, but I had been hoping for something different.

That said, it's not all doom and gloom. With the new corrupted Titan rules, I was inspired to model a chaotic Warhound.

E8ChWk5l.jpg?1

I started with one of the spare heads from the Warhound kit and added the bottom jaw from (I believe) the Heldrake kit. I used my saw to cut it away from the gun. I then added a random horn to the forehead. 

MfubKn9l.jpg

I then added a tail, which is mainly built from the Helbrute kit. I wanted to have mutations which didn't point to any specific Chaos God and I think I've achieved that.

I then added a toothy maw and some horns to the top armour. These were from the Death Guard kit easy build kit and the horns for this build were primarily from Poxwalkers.

DcFKJP9l.jpg

This is Sorrow as he stands now.

FpbQbjwl.jpg

quP7zWPl.jpg

It's a bit of an eclectic mix of bits, both painted and unpainted, but I'm hoping the completed paint job will pull it together.

The current plan is to run Sorrow as a twinferno loadout (though the arms are magnetised) with Preternatural Grace (free Power to Locomotives or Stabilisers) and potentially Daemonic Bile (the str 5 template weapon with Fusion).

I'm currently leaning towards a minimum Ferrox with Sorrow and a minimum Axiom with a melee Warlord for my 1750 point list, so I'm still playing about with some options and juggling points. Sadly Daemonic Bile doesn't benefit from the Ferrox rules, but it still seems a sensible place for a twinferno hound.

Hoping to get some paint on Sorrow tonight, so watch this space.

Dallo