Make a Man(iple) out of You.

Looks amazing, Dallo! Sterling stuff, really! And as for the Civitas Imperialis building: amazing! I am loving the landing pad! Very inspiring - and I think I will "borrow" the idea when I get to building larger, Warlord-concealing-sized-buildings myself.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

I play against my father and got a friend for playing in july but no one plays it at the local GW

Still, having someone to play against is nice. Bonus points for playing with your dad. I doubt my Dad would wrap his head around Titanicus. Never hurts to ask, I suppose.

Looks amazing, Dallo! Sterling stuff, really! And as for the Civitas Imperialis building: amazing! I am loving the landing pad! Very inspiring - and I think I will "borrow" the idea when I get to building larger, Warlord-concealing-sized-buildings myself.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Steal away! One of the things I like about Bolter and Chainsword is getting inspiration from other hobbyists. If I can inspire others, so much the better. I will of course expect an engraved plaque to Dallo somewhere on the building though. :p

I have another one of the round Aquila pieces, so I can see myself making another one down the line. With the Grand Master set, and the big terrain box in the post, I think I should have enough terrain for a decent game. I've got my Realm of Battle, so I can use the hill to raise smaller buildings up higher to cover bigger engines, or I can make a valley to make big terrain elements have less of an effect. I'm hoping the battlefield's inherent modularity will provide some tactical nuance and avoid samey-ness .

Thanks for the comments folks.

Dallo

To the people who are collecting Adeptus Titanicus. Is it hard to get a game where you're at? Do you just collect the models because they're beautiful and not for gaming? Have any of you had success with converting existing gaming buddies to play Adeptus Titanicus? If so, how?

I'm really focusing on the collecting part, but there's a definite end goal of gaming regularly with this in future. There's definitely enough interest that I've seen, and hopefully with the new starter set (and if there were to be more in future), then that bodes really well for hooking others I'm sure!

Naturally, having a lot built and painted will help for us all - which is an added bonus! ^_^

Collecting part all the way...

The buildings are great and the helipad (for want of a better word) is a great touch. I think people underestimate the effort it takes to i) build innovative terrain and ii) to actually paint it!

Congrats man, inspiring stuff there. The same applies to the bases too... wow...

Now let’s see those Titans taking shape (and some colour)!

Collecting part all the way...

The buildings are great and the helipad (for want of a better word) is a great touch. I think people underestimate the effort it takes to i) build innovative terrain and ii) to actually paint it!

Congrats man, inspiring stuff there. The same applies to the bases too... wow...

Now let’s see those Titans taking shape (and some colour)!

Thanks Semper. Glad you like the landing pad. I made a little bit of progress on my bases. I gave them a drybrush of Ushabti Bone. 

I also got around to magnetising my Warhound's arms and all of the weapons. This should hopefully speed up completing him.

The picture quality is appalling, but it at least shows off what I've been doing tonight.

z6wOBvrh.jpg

I'll take better photos when I've got something worth properly showing off.

QcBIpL4h.jpg

That's one little step closer to making a Maniple. :D I'm trying something with the floor colour. I've basecoated it Shadow Grey, with the intention of painting it grey. I'll test it on the Warhound base and if I like it, I'll do the same for the Warlord base.

The Warhound is starting to come together now. I really should make a start on his pack mate.

Dallo

So a large box appeared at my house.

AnZ3pjDh.jpg

Inside was the GM box. It's pretty damn big.

HUyofBJh.jpg

That's my foot for scale.

Someone wanted to help, so here's a second scale shot. You can just about make out the corner of the box.

bBGBntCh.jpg

Dallo

Honestly guys. I leave you with a picture of my dog for less than 24 hours... :tongue.:

Remember, he's officer rank.

https://regimental-standard.com/2018/09/26/managing-your-canid/

I want to hug your dog.

No joke, I would hug the :censored: out of that puppy.

He appreciates a good hug, but you're cleaning up after him. :wink:

That is a really cute dog.

Khorne-aligned?

The hint being the collar of Khorne with some bones attached to it :biggrin.: And there you get a conversion idea

That depends. Is Khorne renowned for peeing on shoes? :huh.:

How much for the dog? :smile.:

I think that's a breach of B&C rules. :wink:

Coolest and cutest dog ever! :laugh.:

Oh, and envious in the GM Edition... Go Krytos!!!

Thanks Semper. My terrain box also arrived, though I feel tonight will be spent having a leaf through the rule book.  

That's a different sort of Warhound Titan :laugh.:

I love the sheer immensity of the box - and it is filled with so much great stuff. Looking forward to that being started on!

Thanks Chaeron. I have to admit, I'm a bit concerned by the undercoat on that last Warhound. I seem to have missed a good bit of it with the black spray. :teehee:

The box itself is huge. I've got my work cut out for me, though I'm hoping to sell a Warlord as a gateway model to someone in my gaming group.

Let's try to keep things vaguely AT related. :rolleyes:

Dallo

"They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."

zqvERKph.jpg

Afternoon folks.

I was playing about with some spare bits today and I put together a Warp Missile Support Rack, which I think looks pretty decent, given that it took maybe half an hour to put together and was basically free.

1Yuy60Ch.jpg

The missile is magnetised, so you can remove it once it's been fired.

I'm not 100% sure where all of the bits came from (barring the Knight banner), but here's what you need if you want to build your own. I think they're probably from Imperial Guard kits, but I just had them in my bitz box.

VatMU75h.jpg

It's pretty simple to do. It's basically a trimmed down, reverse mounted Heavy Bolter, with a missile magnetised on top.

I also gave Aes Minos horns to give him a bit of character (From a spare Daemon Prince head). Given that his name is basically Brass Bull in High Gothic (read pseudo-Latin), I thought it was appropriate and I like that it breaks up the standard silhouette slightly. I think that all God Engines should look individual and bespoke.

oBkpx4kh.jpg

C&C Welcome and feel free to make your own Missile Support Rack, if you like what I've done.

Dallo

Nice conversion. I like the horns in particular. Wondering if they would not have been better put a little bit higher on the head, like for a real bull.

That was my original plan, but the carapace is very restrictive. The body carapace isn't glued to the body in that photo (only blu-tacked), but there really isn't much room. If you take a look at a Reaver in real life, you'll see what I mean.

As it happens, the current Tauntaun/Balrog look is growing on me.

Thanks for the comments.

Dallo