Make a Man(iple) out of You.

Great conversion work Dallo! I really like the subtle touches (Daemon/Balrog is definitely an appropriate vibe!) - adds to the character most certainly, and effectively.

Thanks Chaeron. With Aes Minos I wanted to model a unique, characterful Titan that wouldn't look out of place on a Loyalist Titan. The name "Brass Bull" may be a not so subtle foreshadowing of what's to come for Aes Minos, but for now I wanted to avoid anything overtly Chaotic. 

As I'm currently the only member of my gaming group who owns Titans, I see lots of Krytos civil wars happening until folks build their own Legios. It's 30k, so internal civil wars between Legios make perfect sense.

I'm just hoping Titandeath doesn't have any heavyhanded "All Krytos are traitors", as I really like the subtle nuances of loyalty in the Heresy, with Loyalist Traitors, Traitor Loyalists and Blackshields.

Dallo

What about the horns from Black Orc standards? They might be too big for a Reaver head but might work on a Warlord.

Thanks Fajita Fan, that's a good suggestion, made better as I actually have a few spare kicking about. 

Having said that, I'm planning on keeping the bull/ram horns for just that Reaver. I'm toying with giving one of my Warhounds a Rhino style horn, possibly stealing the horn from a Chaos Terminator, but I'll have to mock it up to see if it works.

Another option for horns/spikes is to use the spare spikes from a Dark Eldar Raider.

Dallo

Yes indeed! A great looking machine - very promising... I really like the green tone - it is slightly reminiscent of the SoH, which is not a bad thing at all... :)

@ Fajita: Well, that is not a bad idea in principle but does the scale work? Seems intuitively that it's too big, but maybe not... I'dont know...

The Juggernaut head is approximately 15mm wide (at its max), 20mm long, and 15mm tall while the warhound head is approximately 12mm wide, 22mm long, and 10mm tall

Front comparison (the Juggernaut head is one with the shortest spikes on top)

gallery_116407_14938_33419.jpg

Side comparison

gallery_116407_14938_59422.jpg

And when putting the Juggernaut head on the warhound body (feeling a bit like Victor F.)

gallery_116407_14938_31356.jpg

Aes Minos is looking good so far. The bull symbol, the horns, and the Warp missile go a long way to make it stand out. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed! A great looking machine - very promising... I really like the green tone - it is slightly reminiscent of the SoH, which is not a bad thing at all... :smile.:

Thank you for the kind words folks. I've been enjoying Aes Minos  and am looking forward to seeing him on the tabletop (hopefully in the reasonably near future).

Thank you for the discussion about the Warhound head and a special thanks to Mendi for taking the comparison photos.

Having said that, I don't think it's something I'm going to do with my Titans. They are loyal to Horus, not necessarily to Chaos. I don't intend to have any Chaotic conversions on them.

Tonight is just a quick update to let you know I'm still working away. I've magnetised a trio of Knights and done a minor conversion on the lead Knight, but they can wait for another post.

Here is another weapon conversion I've been working on. Code named Daisy. :wink:

I started with a Volcano Cannon, and trimmed it down.

QSmzjdyh.jpg?1

I then added a Predator Autocannon barrel, a Heavy Bolter ammo belt, a Valkyrie Missile Pod and a spare Rhino bit to create this.

5CA8veRh.jpg?1

Here is a shot from the back.

6ENZWbOh.jpg?1

Finally a comparison shot with a Volcano Cannon. It's a bit longer, but I'm hoping the big ammo hopper at the back of the gun helps to balance it out.

rJ8eVadh.jpg?1

What do you guys think?

Dallo

Thanks Mendi. I may have a go at straightening the barrel, though it looks ok in real life. I hadn’t considered detailing the barrel. Did you have anything specific in mind?

I’ll probably do some heat distortion on the end of the barrel when I get around to painting it. I’m pretty happy with the Rhino part. It fits perfectly without any trimming and I feel it adds a little visual interest to the otherwise uninteresting ammo hopper.

Thanks for the comment.

Dallo

I was thinking maybe adding some rings to detail it a bit more (plasticard tube of correct size), or maybe replicating the underside of the front of the volcano cannon.

Completely agreeing with you regarding the rhino bit. I probably have a couple somewhere, I was thinking it could also be interesting for some terrain features.

Yeah, other than the angle of the cannon, I do't see anything wrong with it. I get the comment on the detail of the sculpting (or lack thereof) but it's essentially a barrel of a gun after all...

The feeding belt looks brilliant - very fitting to the scale...

Now straighten the gun and you're good to go! :)

Great conversion. Would be interesting to see the overhang at the back when mounted on the Warlord.

Sure.

5s33CFOh.jpg

I got one of the Titans from GM box based, sprayed silver and washed.

OP8uQW1h.jpg

One of the Warlords from my GM box was partially assembled, so I'm keeping it. I think I'll sell the other as four Warlords seems a bit redundant and if I can get one of my mates into Titanicus, I'm onto a winner.

I've built and magnetised three Knight bodies. I've also sprayed them silver and washed them black. I think I'll hold off on choosing a house until Titandeath is dropped, but I can paint the skeleton without knowing what house I'm going for.

The leader is the only point of interest, where I replaced his chainsword with part of a Necron Tomb Spyder.

Yp7R5Jhh.jpg

Finally here's a bit of a family shot with what I've done so far. I'm hoping to get some serious hobby time done over Christmas, so I imagine I'll finish off a few models before 2019. Don't quote me on that though. :tongue.:

2PLv72Fh.jpg

Dallo

Finally here's a bit of a family shot with what I've done so far. I'm hoping to get some serious hobby time done over Christmas, so I imagine I'll finish off a few models before 2019. Don't quote me on that though. :tongue.:

2PLv72Fh.jpg

Dallo

Love a family shot! Taking excellent shape - looking forward to that progress pre-2019 ;)

Love a family shot! Taking excellent shape - looking forward to that progress pre-2019 ;)

I shall try not to disappoint. ;) I'll have to see about getting a proper photo set up before then. The kitchen counter is fine for progress shots, but I'd like to have something slightly more professional for finished shots.

Thanks for the comment.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Reaver v2 as that will give me the choice of two full Maniples. I'll probably stretch for another box of Hounds to give me all three full Maniples, but that's a problem for 2019.

Dallo