Q's about BT armor scheme and faction relations

Jarl Caldersson

You are 100% correct. That was the Cephian IV campaign (WD 310). I believe there was another BT vs. DE several issues later (WD 331 ish) when the DE invaded Lilia Mundi - a BT recruiting world.

Pictures are coming.

20181205-082615.jpg

Caption: Dark Eldar Warriors disembark and prepare to kill and capture the Black Templar Neophytes.

20181205-082702.jpg

Caption: Chaplain Develain and his warriors stand firm against the Dark Eldar Wyches.

These are the only pictures of the battle itself. If you want to see the original armies and/or army lists, I can add those.

I started playing 40k right as 4th ed was coming out. I figured that the Battle for Macragge boxes would be getting sold left and right for top dollar while the 3rd ed starter sets might be selling slightly cheaper. Given that the 3rd ed box came with the full rulebook (unlike BFM, which had a mini ruleset), along with a landspeeder (in all other regards the two sets were pretty much comparable), I considered the 3rd ed box an overall better purchase. I also liked the fact that the 3rd ed box wasn't as faction specific in its presentation. I'm looking at you, Ultramarines.

...I wanted to do chains but couldn't find any in this part of the world...

Have you tried an Internet search for "model railroad hobby shops" or similar? Worst case scenario - you might order some chains through an online store.
I am in Korea and I don't know the Korean language. Found a place that sells stuff and they didn't know where to get things like that. Korea stikes me as a place where you don't really do/build things with your hands. Wanted to build a bedframe, however nowhere to get lumber. From my understanding ding manual labor is a sign of being poor/lowly/uneducated. Which is a vast difference from how I was raised, "Want something your way, going to have to do it yourself".

If I get around to a captain I will have to get some chains for sure.

I’m in Korea too so maybe I can help you with find one.

• 3 weeks later...

Now the vilgius book is released and I have some question. What colour scheme should I use for the veteran intercessors? Can these guys be Sword brethren, and donned with the red crosses on their shoulders?

It seems suitable.

Now the vilgius book is released and I have some question. What colour scheme should I use for the veteran intercessors? Can these guys be Sword brethren, and donned with the red crosses on their shoulders?

You do you!

I realized when painting my army that my army has a lot of elite models/squads, therefore not even all elite Space Marines are Sword Brethren in my crusade.

For example I have Company Veterans with CS/SB, but they are painted up as regular initiates. They might be "former Sword Brethren", like that guy (forgot his name) in Command Squad Grimaldus from the Helsreach Crusade.

I reserve the Sword Brethren color scheme for Castellans (lieutenants) and two units, both Company Veterans with PS/SS. More than 10 Sword Brethren in a 60 man crusade seems to dilute the "eliteness".

To me, the Sword Brethren is basically Honor Guard.

• 1 month later...

Getting back to the heraldry, for more completeness, here's the scan of the page for the Black Templars Chapter from How to Paint Space Marines. This was published in 2004, so the information is largely consistent with 3rd edition guidance (though it's a tad bit more restrictive in that the guidance below defines that the Chapter badge appears somewhere on the shoulder pad, and no mention is made of personal litanies). That guidance was later changed when the 4th edition Codex: Black Templars was published and an actual system was introduced.

Hidden Content

gallery_26_7488_148617.jpg

(It's a pretty large image, so I put it in the "hidden" tags to save some of you the hassle.)

Archived