Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space marines competitive

competitive Salamanders Chapter Blood Angels Chapter Adeptus Custodes 2000 pts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

veneratedaniel

veneratedaniel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

Hi all, its been a while since i visited this site, i have come back to the competitive scene in my area over the past year or so playing only somewhat competitively, however after some podcasts and looking at other armies i decided to take a stronger step into it, so i have a 2k torni coming up in a few weeks and am planning to run something looking like this 

Space marines – Chapter tactic = Salamanders / Battalion detachment +5 CP

HQ
Capitan on bike, Thunder hammer, Master crafted Bolter
Librarian on bike 

Troops

5 Man Scout Squad 1 Heavy Bolter 
5 Man Scout Squad 1 Missile Launcher 
5 Man Tactical Squad 1 Laz cannon 

Fast Attack

3 Man Scout Bike squad storm bolter on sarg 

Heavy Support

5 Man Devastator Squad, Armorium Cherub 1 Missile Launcher 1 Heavy Bolter 
5 Man Devastator Squad, Armorium Cherub 1 Missile Launcher 1 Heavy Bolter 

Space Marines – Blood Angels / Battalion detachment +5 CP

HQ

Capitan, Storm shield, Thunder hammer   ~WARLORD~ Gift of foresight (5+ FNP)
-1CP Death Visions of Sanguinius – Relic Angels Wing – no over watch + reroll charge dist

Capitan, Storm shield, Thunder hammer 
-1CP Death Visions of Sanguinius – 1 CP additional relic Hammer of Baal = no neg  hammer
-1CP Death Visions of Sanguinius  

Chief Libraian Mephiston 

Troops

5 Man scout squad 
5 Man scout squad 
5 Man scout squad 

Adeptus Custodes / supreme command detachment +1 CP

Shield Captain on dawn eagle jetbike 

Total points = 1977 Total Command points = 5+5+1+3-3=11 CP total left 

I am also thinking about changing the main smash captain with a slash captain with two lightning claws, 6 attacks on the charge reroll hit reroll wounds and with the warlord trait to make them do 2 damage a hit.  

faithonwings

faithonwings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 284 posts

Nice list and I like the idea. I do have to warn you that until turn to when you deepstrike you have only 3 ML and 1 LC for anti tank. That means even if you get first turn against let's say Imperial Knights, Tau, Eldar or Astra Militarium you will have trouble dropping even 1 vehicle, let alone 1 Imperial Knight. In 1 turn shooting back however.... I don't think even with those jetbikes, hammercaptains you will be able to come back from it. 

If you have to start second you have to endure 2 turns of shooting meaning almost everything that is a threat will be dead before you'r hammer duddes drop in.

There are no easy fixes to this I'm afraid. I just don't see this list working with so many expensive characters doing very little until turn 2.

sultansean

sultansean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 156 posts

I think if there is good ITC terrain the list will work well. You should be able to hide out of LOS on the first turn, if you are facing a strong shooting opponenet. I'm looking at a similar style of list but with guard bodies instead of Shield Captains. But I think yours is probably better. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: competitive, Salamanders Chapter, Blood Angels Chapter, Adeptus Custodes, 2000 pts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users