What would you like to see for Scions?

TEMPESTOR 6773

They can borrow a lot from Elysians to make them a full force. Sniper team squads, drop sentinels, Taurus vehicles. Most importantly, we need a flippin' extra HQ unit. Cant remember if commissars count for our detachment. Would be nice to be able to bring two battalions or a brigade.

Scions no longer pay for the HSLG or HSLP. We can also see all but one element (a Strategem) of the Drop Force. It is good if you use Valks!

Saw the second one:

1cp, if keyword infantry is charged within 6" of keyword valk,  1 valk gets to overwatch on unmodified 4+.

Not bad. Door gunners are worth it in that formation now.

A point drop would be nice too with the changes to reserves and deep strike

Also I dont think you should have to pay for HSLG or pistols

Unless their range is increased

Called it :D

Now I wonder we can get their ranges increased to 10"/20" 6"/18" is painful

A point drop would be nice too with the changes to reserves and deep strike

Also I dont think you should have to pay for HSLG or pistols

Unless their range is increased

Called it :biggrin.:

Now I wonder we can get their ranges increased to 10"/20" 6"/18" is painful

I'm beginning to thing a drop valk is the way to go with scions now. You can drop on turn 1 and get within 9" too. Add to that the fact that valks went down in pts and got that overwatch thing. Will have to decide if it is worth taking a 10 man squad and a non-rod prime in a valk for turn 1 fun.

I think something akin to the Tauros would be fitting, even if armoured up more. It would help emphasise the Scion's role as the Guard's special forces and their capacity for lightning strikes.

Forge World squatted them anyway, so seeing some spruced up versions for the Scions and lighter ones for the Regulars would be nice. If GSC get bikers, Guard could receive smaller quads so it's not a total 1:1 rip.

h2yTWsm.png

If we’re dreaming, I’d go for some new toys only available in Scion detachments.

HQ: Inquisitional Advisor, gets a fun gun with option for close or long range, provides morale bonus to nearby Scions and comes with 3 servoskulls for DS pushback.

Elite: Hotshot sniper squad with camocloaks, -2 AP sniper rifles, and grappling gear to get into position. Maybe an option to have one guy carry a one-shot missile tube in addition to his usual gun (LAW/hunter-killer missile on a dude).

Make scion medic and standard bearer elite stand alone characters like space marines have.

Fast Attack: 2-man scion sentinel with underslung HSVG and a gunners heavy weapon or something experimental. Gets a scout move instead of deep strike probably.

Cyber K-9 squad??

Heavy: some kind of demolitions team (still working in this one). Maybe democharges and light rocket tubes of some kind.

Flier: “gnat” gunship. Small and fast to provide air support for the Valkyries like a Stormtalon but smaller. Underslung HSVGs or ACs with some tiny missiles or mini punishers that the taurox has. Drops low strength cluster bombs as it flies over.

Just ideas...

1. Additional plasma gun model pose

2. Not really sure it’s their schtick but a sniper type squad or weapon

3. Underslung grenade launcher option for the hot shot rifle

4. Underslung shotgun option for the hot shot rifle

5. Drop capable medium support vehicle or crew served weapon

1. Additional plasma gun model pose

This so much this!

Actually the whole new kit thats less monopose would be nice... but highly doubt as that seems to be the way going forward

Which is a shame so many wasted bits otherwise

The obvious one would be a couple of special characters for them.

Some sort of light robot ( a bit like 'Big Dog' 

but without the noise) for carrying kit and maybe being the base unit for a weapon support drone (being a good way for carrying a heavy weapon without movement penalty).

Definitely some sort of small flier for insertion/extraction and that has good fire support options (maybe with a 5 or 6 troop capacity).

I would like to chime in.

yes.

Also from the netflix movie Spectral-

- One load out was basically a mule for equipment + a enchanced targeting/early warning system.

-- maybe something like on a roll of a 6 the mule boosts overwatch rolls for the squad to 5+?

- the other load out was a artillery, mortar/missle system.

I would love to see scions get a robotic mule dog as a helper, just they need to be "big" like in spectral. when its on all 4's its like 6 feet tall.

http://pre07.deviantart.net/b403/th/pre/i/2017/003/6/e/final_mech_design_for_the_movie_spectral_by_vyle_art-dau509l.jpg

david-levy-a55-v-04-rendershoulders-a-01

in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1J2TidIFU

Archived