Closet Skeleton's log Tenebris System edition

Closet Skeleton

gallery_85153_13565_37046.png

Re-opening the thread because I'm going to bring my Angels encarmine to a new event.

Leadership on the field should always go to the senior commander with certain exceptions. If a commander shows up to the field with but a sacred relic and a handful of around 32 troops, command should be ceded to him without question.

Roboute Guiliman, quoted from the Codex Astartes, apocrypha of Octaraia rendition

I booked too many tournaments, decided I needed a break from using my Tyranids and then found myself unable to come up with a Blood Angels list and didn't just want to take a ton of deathcompany with 32 allied guardsmen so I wrote a joke list instead.

The deadline for submitting lists for Blood and Glory was 10pm last saturday and I was out for most of the day, so didn't have time to write another Blood Angels list so 'accidentally' had to submit my non-serious list. Battle and prep reports will follow.

Army Faction: Imperium Command Points 20

I have that all painted already but I'm going to lost points due to the different basing styles, so I need 6 themed objectives to make up for that. I picked up a Necromunda sprue for the crates.

gallery_85153_14155_294068.png

That little shrine is awesome! From where did you get it?

Really nice markers

Its on the Necromunda sprue. Pretty much everything I used is on either that sprue or the Cadian heavy weapon team one. The actual detail on the bones in the reliquary are actually really bad but it loons okay at a distance.

As expected I did pretty badly with my Blood Angels and couldn't get any decent pictures either.

Game 1 - loss

gallery_85153_14155_1726531.png

Alaitoc/dark heart alliance.

Shining Spears took my army out and I killed almost nothing in return.

Game 2 - victory

gallery_85153_14155_1190810.png

Hive fleet kronos.

Recon mission deployment kept his big guns out of range for several turns so I was able to gather maelstrom.

Game 3 - loss

gallery_85153_14155_27719.png

House Raven, blood angels supreme command and Catachans brigade so basically the good version of my list.

He ended up with 5 objectives in his deployment zone and I ended up with 1, his smash captain got him domination on turn 2. I gave his Knight a bloody nose when it charged my tactical marines and then easily finished it off with my Captain, droping Mephiston (and my unfortunate lieutenant) in the explosion but he was very far ahead on points despite having his firepower pretty much neutralized.

gallery_85153_14155_8342.png

Apparently close combat prowess goes:

Shooty Imperial Knight < BA tacticals in range of Sanguinary Priest < Catachan infantry squads in range of Ministorum priest and Straken.

I didn't get to see the Smash Captain vs Slash Captain show down but my non-net list Captain did take 12 odd wounds off a knight while the 2 clones just killed a unit of rough riders by one and a combat squad for the other.

Game 4 - draw (should have been a loss if we had more time)

gallery_85153_14155_258371.png

Ultramarines

Lost on deployment again when I placed my weapons teams too close, had to sacrifice my warlord captain to kill his aggressors in melee so they couldn't banner countershoot me then I failed to kill a single vehicle all game and kept forgeting to factor in all the defensive powers i cast.

Game 5 - loss

gallery_85153_14155_317459.png

Flayed Skull + Black heart ravagers

Took the whole game to kill his flyers, couldn't kill a single ravager. Ended up way behind on Maelstrom and kill points.

Outside of 1 game my Rough riders didn't make a single charge on popping up.

That standard of sacrifice firebase does work though. It can't actually win you games but for 3 tactical squads it achieves a lot.

• 2 months later...

I'm taking my Angels Encarmine to the Warhammer World J'migan Offensive Campaign day this weekend. I've been to events in this series with my Black Legion before but I finally got hold of a coveted Imperium ticket for this one.

Since you're allowed to change your army list between battles my current plan is to add more and more death company to my army each game, ending the event with my 25 death company led by Astorath list.

Game 1 is a 3k battle on friday evening so that will be my whole battle company list.

Games 2 and 3 are combat patrol saturday morning. Not sure if I'm bringing pure Terminators for a Space Hulk feel or going back to Cypher and the Fallen from my chaos attendance.

Games 4 and 5 will be two demi company lists.

Game 6 will start sunday and I'll right it based on the survivors of the saturday games.

Game 7 will be the full death company list.

Everything in theory is painted but i want this dreadnought for the painting competition so have a little work to do

gallery_85153_13565_857937.png

I remembered my Astorath was busted and half way to being rebased onto 32mm so had to get him out.

Old pic I had on my computer:

gallery_85153_13565_333102.png

I got the parts I wasn't satisfied on Lorenzo the dreadnought into a more presentable state.

gallery_85153_13565_46254.png

Then used the practice to do the parchment on Astorath before I pinned him back onto his jump pack.

gallery_85153_13565_339510.png

Still need to fix his helmet since I've been corrected that he is actually supposed to be wearing one.

Archived