Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Adeptus Titanicus

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
We need a catch-all thread for listbuilding, rules discussions, stories, battle reports, WIP, conversion ideas, and general awesomeness.

Edited by Fajita Fan, 31 October 2018 - 11:55 PM.

• Burni and caladancid like this

Adeptus Titanicus Model Count:

Warlords: 4

Reavers: 9

Warhounds: 4

Knights: 12

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts

1995 pts

Warlord

Volcano/Plasma

Laserblasters

Warlord 

Volcano/Gatling

Megabolters

Warlord

Plasma/Gatling

Laserblasters

Warhound

Plasma/Turbolaser

Warhound

Plasma/Turbolaser

I also want to try this with 7 titans (you can do 8 by dropping a Reaver and getting a pair of Warhounds if you change their weapons):

2000 pts

Reaver

Volcano/Laserblaster

Apoc launcher

Reaver

Melta/Laserblaster

Megabolter

Reaver

Melta/Gatling

Apoc launcher

Reaver

Laserblaster/Gatling

Apoc launcher

Reaver

Laserblaster/Gatling

Turbolaser

Warhound

Plasma/Turbolaser

Warhound

Plasma/Megabolter

• caladancid likes this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts

If you all haven't read the book "Mechanicum" set during the Heresy you need to read it ASAP.  One of the baddies they fight is something called the Kaban machine, described as a huge spherical robot on tracks with weapon tentacles and cannons.

http://wh40k.lexican...i/Kaban_Machine

I bought a box of those Kataphrons to try making my own for a scenario.

https://www.games-wo...-Breachers-2017

I'm also planning some kind of mechanical t-rex for a scenario in honor of the great GRIMLOCK SMASH

https://youtu.be/BtGdfulu5KI?t=255

I feel like this would be a good model to start from. 99120116001_Ballistar01.jpg

Edited by Fajita Fan, 29 October 2018 - 11:34 PM.

• Captain Idaho likes this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,105 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard
You could represent the kaban with knight rules

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_Medal_03.gif

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
I think it’s too big for that, it took on two Knights in the book.

Also Titanicus was a really good book if you haven’t read it, well written and well paced. Warlord by David Annandale wasn’t bad but I thought it was like a short story that was stretched out to be a novel. It’s like the publisher told him to take a simple short story idea and just bulk it out for printing.

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
  • Faction: Legio Atarus / Legio Mortis
Not done any listbuilding BUT I really want to add some hounds to my Mortis maniple/collection.

atm I have 2 Warlords and 2 Reavers and was going to buy 3rd Warlord this week... but now I want warhounds.

So, I know there is no maniple (yet) that would include 2 of each but would it be doable in the point limits given (dont have my terminals,book or cards near me)

my final goal (yeah, right) is to have 3 of every class for Mortis.
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
You can take two of each at 2000 points, sure.

I’d like to make custom rules for Nids, the best parts of the novel “Warlord” are where they’re taking on biotitans and stepping on carnifexes. Someday I’d like to kitbash a few heirophants but that’s a ways off.
  • Parweke likes this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts

I started thinking about how to Chaosify some Reavers and a Warlord since I think the Warhounds will be pretty easy when I decide to do a 40k Chaos legio.

I'm assembling one of those 40k terrain cranes and I don't really like the skull that goes on the top pulley, it looks appropriately sized as a Chaos skull if my legio is dedicated to Khorne.

394F297A 61C2 4DE9 B324 7E1E4058CECA

Took a few Defiler leg bits and started mocking up a powerfist with all the extra Reaver thumbs I have (this is easy when you have 6 Reavers) but I will probably have to shorten the arm so it doesn't look like a gorilla.  I have plenty of blades and sheet plastic to add a bunch of spikes and sharp edges but I wish I had more horns. I think I have some Fantasy chariots in a box somewhere, I'll bet they have some good bits.

31629B03 D85F 4974 8A63 F61AD67691E3
7A8B1AD6 B09A 4FF9 B623 D2DE0A73C64F

• Captain Idaho likes this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts

I'm in a meeting and I've got another window open while I take notes. Next week I'll submit another file to get printed some more megabolters after I modify my quake cannon, I'm not really happy with the gun shroud.

Warlord

Plasma/Gatling

Megabolters

Warlord

Plasma/Quake

Megabolters

Reaver

Melta/Powerfist

Apoc Launcher

Reaver

Volcano/Gatling

Apoc Launcher

Warhound

Turbolaser/Megabolter

Warhound

Plasma/Megabolter

• Parweke likes this

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,975 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics
My 2K is now

Warlord
Plasma Gatling

Reaver x 3
Fist Melta

Warhound
Plasma Bolter

Banner x 2
Thermal, Thermal, BC
  • Captain Idaho and Fajita Fan like this
Current Projects: Radical Inquisition || Storm Trooper Battles || Renegades & Heretics || ETL III || ETL III Tribute II ETL IV - Ryza II ETL V - Chaos
gallery_75122_9925_27254.pnggallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeg
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Chaeron

Chaeron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,944 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I like the two of each approach Fajita Fan: as ever, the difficulty of building lists that are cool and effective...

Anyone else thinking of building their lists around fluff more broadly? I'm mostly gearing mine (in terms of name and builds) where possible around listed maniples, but appreciate this may not be wholly pragmatic for gaming. Things like Mortis supposedly having fewer Warhounds might also factor into my thinking (despite my love of them!).

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_05_.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_06_Magos.jpgETL_2016_Badge_09_Badge_of_the_Martyr.jpETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_10383_2014.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.pnggallery_29004_9903_10777.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_6198_5690.pngImg_CH00_08Awards_07_CoC_2013.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013E.gif

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
I love fluffy lists! There are more maniples coming so we can probably guess some of the combos.

2x Warlords, 3x Warhounds
1 Warlord, 4x Reavers (maybe with a similar mechanic to the Venator)
5x Reavers
Etc etc

That’s why I’m building the lists like this because I can probably squeeze future maniples into them.

My 2K is now
Warlord
Plasma Gatling
Reaver x 3
Fist Melta
Warhound
Plasma Bolter
Banner x 2
Thermal, Thermal, BC

This list wants to move up and get into kissing range, I like it. What are you putting on the roof of the Warlord?

Edited by Fajita Fan, 30 October 2018 - 09:50 PM.

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,975 posts
Not mine but I have a buddy that runs 2 Venators at 2K.

Reaver + 3 Warhounds
Reaver + 3 Warhounds

I almost never want to relight my Shields once they go down because it means that next phase I’ll get hit by Mega Bolters and then the Reaver will get a free shot again.
Current Projects: Radical Inquisition || Storm Trooper Battles || Renegades & Heretics || ETL III || ETL III Tribute II ETL IV - Ryza II ETL V - Chaos
gallery_75122_9925_27254.pnggallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeg
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts

Oooooo, I'd have an excuse to buy more Warhounds...

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
I did few lists with battlescribe

Mortis

Myrmidon Maniple
3x Warlord (belicosa x2, apoc missiles)
2x Reaver (gatling+laser / laser+fist, apoc missiles)

1 x Warhound (plasma+laser)

Knight banner (3x knights)

2485 points

Atarus

Axiom Maniple
1x Warlord (belicosa x2, apoc missiles)
2x Reaver (gatling+laser, apoc missiles)
2x Warhound (plasma×bolter / plasma+laser)

Venator Maniple
1x Reaver (gatling+fist, apoc missiles)
2x Warhound (plasma+laser / laser+bolter)

Knight banner (5× knights)

2495 points

I used only weapons that are available, what do you guys think?

for 2000 pts game I will drop one Reave and one Warhound from both lists

Edited by Parweke, 31 October 2018 - 01:41 PM.

"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
I used a pair of Warhounds without the squadron rules and they’re squishy, a lone Warhound trying to flank may find itself it an awkward spot but I’m the first to admit I’m generally terrible at positioning so maybe that’s more a concern for me.

Even scratchbuilding yourself a Gatling cannon for a Warlord will give you a few more points to work with and generate a little less reactor heat.
  • Parweke likes this

Brother Dallo

Brother Dallo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,276 posts
  • Faction: Angels Encarmine
What point size do people play at?

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_03B_Custos_Fidei.jpg 

So yeah, long story short.

Dallo <- Blame that guy.

Obscura, on 08 Mar 2016 

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
I’m building 1000, 1500, and 2000 point lists for now just because I happen to have a lot of models. I sorta assumed from the rulebook that’d be kinda standard.

Should I do my loyalist legio as Metalica or Astorum? I’m so torn...

Edited by Fajita Fan, 31 October 2018 - 06:50 PM.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
Whoa, look at the robot on the Warhammer Community page. I don’t know what that is but it could be used at AT scale for fighting some unknown Xenos. Is that supposed to be a Necron thing? Looks like a 40mm base so it would be a good standin for a Knight.

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Edited by Fajita Fan, 31 October 2018 - 06:57 PM.

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts
Drone from Black Fortress, and thats about all I know :)

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts

Whoa, look at the robot on the Warhammer Community page. I don’t know what that is but it could be used at AT scale for fighting some unknown Xenos. Is that supposed to be a Necron thing? Looks like a 40mm base so it would be a good standin for a Knight.

I'm pretty sure the base is smaller then that, considering the ratio between the base's hight and width I'd speculate it might be a tiny 25mm base:

BlackstonePreview-Nov1-Content1jvfr.jpg

Edited by RipOffProductions, 31 October 2018 - 09:32 PM.

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,975 posts
Playing 2000 takes us about 3 hours, 1500 about 2 hours, 1000 about 1 hour.

Including setup but that’s with being pretty familiar with the rules already and activating at a fairly quick pace.
  • Brother Dallo and Fajita Fan like this

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts

I'm pretty sure the base is smaller then that, considering the ratio between the base's hight and width I'd speculate it might be a tiny 25mm base:

BlackstonePreview-Nov1-Content1jvfr.jpg

I would be super disappointed if that's a 25mm.  :(

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts

Depending on the exact size this could make for a very nice Slaneesh knight torso. To me it has kind of an Eldar feel (a bit twisted maybe), which would not be surprising if this is part of the Blackstone Fortress' defences.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
I’d like to use some Necron bits for a narrative campaign too, I love converting and making rules for stuff that doesn’t exist and this game has a lot of opportunity.

So I wanted to add some Warhounds to my Aurora traitors but now I think those Kataphron destroyers might be a good opportunity to use as proxies. According to the wiki the Kaban machine was ~10m tall which is roughly the height of a Warhound. If I convert those 3 models on 60mm bases it would look like the Dark Mechanicus gifted Aurora a squadron of Kabans as a reward for spreading the scrapcode.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Titanicus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users