AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Hmph... kinda underwhelmed by Mortis.

Yes it is. First, killing a Titan is something that will likely take several turns and secondly, even then, it's far too situational... Opportunity missed there. 

maybe this rule is additive over the course of multi-game campaigns? thus making Mortis vary powerful in the long term?

sure that's still worthless in single game play, but maybe there's some rules adjustments coming to make Engine Kills more common?(the book is called "Titandeath" after all)

Yeah, that'll definitely make it more relevant... Let's wait for the full text! :)

Given that all of the other heads in the colour plates are available, guessing the Mortis Warlord variant head isn’t too far off. Thoughts?

You mean the Lucius Pattern? Hope it’s not too far off. I was actually really surprised we got the Mars Beta before it... maybe it’ll be on the next warlord weapons sprue.

I was hoping the Lupercal Maniple would be a Mortis only thing somce previously that was something specific to the Legio and became the precedent for why Warhound packs were limited to a max of 3 Post-Heresy.

Sigh...

Nice idea for background but there's too many folks (not just players aiming at Audax) who are justifiably keen on having all warhound maniples. I guess if the precedent is simply the destruction that Lupercal maniples caused on Terra, specifically those of the Legio Mortis, it could still work without having to make it exclusive to Mortis.

There are 3 other maniples: Corsair, Janissary and Regia, curious to see more details

My guess is that Corsair is all-reaver and Regia is all-warlord. We do get an all-warlord maniple in the novel, so we know they exist. Don't know what Janissary would be.

But yeah, gieb rules now!

Just had a look at the New Zealand GW site. The Warlord sprue is $85 New Zealand dollars. I'm not sure what the exchange rate is, but that compares to the Titandeath book selling for $72NZ. So I guess £25 or more for the sprue in the UK.

Edited by Mandragola

You mean like Gryphonnicus can do?

Gryphonnicus can only replace one titan in a maniple with a Reaver, so you'd need a maniple that already has 4 Reavers in it and replace the 1 remaining Titan to get a pure Reaver maniple.

but I wouldn't be surprised if two of the remaining unknown new maniples are for all Reaver and all Warlord maniples.

There are 3 other maniples: Corsair, Janissary and Regia, curious to see more details

Corsair: hmm, if there's a pure Reaver maniple coming, this name seems the most fitting to me.

Janissary: well, if it's being named after the elite of the Ottoman Empire, these got to be some heavy hitters, either the pure Warlord Maniple, or a mixture of Warlords and Reavers, but either way the special rule for this maniple better be what makes it shine.

Regia: being named after the royal place of Roman Kings prior to the founding of the Republic, this is another good candidate for an all Warlord maniple.

of course this is assuming that these maniples are limited to the current 3 Titan classes, an none of them are for the use of up coming new ones.

Edited by RipOffProductions

If we assume there are no new titan classes yet, and Lupercal is all Warhounds, then the remaining possible combos are all Warlords, all Reavers, and Warlords + Warhounds? Because we already have Reavers + Warlords, Reaver + Warhounds, and a bit of everything in the Axiom. But they could always do some other funky combos, like 4 Reavers + 1 Warlord or something.

Well, in any case, I am eagerly waiting 11am of my time to order the book and a couple more titans. Then, with my AT grey plastic replenished, I'll most likely join the painting event :biggrin.:

The sprue should come at GBP 25.50 if my guesstimate is correct (comparison point Havocs with the current AT range civitas imperialis box to see how close the estimate is)

Damn ... GBP 26 for the sprue ...

Edited by Mendi Warrior

I’m hoping to pick up the new Warlord at some point, but have focused on adding more Reavers for the time being!

In terms of transfer sheets so far, how many Titans are people doing with them? Are you spreading them out, or going transfer heavy on each?

I’m hoping to pick up the new Warlord at some point, but have focused on adding more Reavers for the time being!

In terms of transfer sheets so far, how many Titans are people doing with them? Are you spreading them out, or going transfer heavy on each?

I believe that less is more when it comes to transfers. They are used to catch the viewer's eyes, not to confuse them.  That being said - because transfers tend to be short time thing - I ordered two sheets for Vulpa. 

My guess is that Corsair is all-reaver and Regia is all-warlord. We do get an all-warlord maniple in the novel, so we know they exist. Don't know what Janissary would be.

Good point, the all-warlord maniple in Haley's novel was the elite of the legion and acted as a sort of command echelon for all other maniples. There could be some sort of HQ-ish rule concerning reinforcements and communications, that sort of thing. Fits with the royal connotations of 'Regia', the seat of the legion commander, maybe.

I think that between the generic Titan transfers and the Legio-specific ones, one transfer sheet could accommodate quite a few God-Machines. Besides, the detail is so great that, in my mind, this is a "less is more" situation for sure!

I pre-ordered Titandeath, the new Reaver, the Warlord sprue and all the transfer sheets! :laugh.:

From 

Astorum
Legio Traits

Warmarch:
1st and 2nd round of the game may chose to gain +2" to its boosted movement. However you roll two reactor dice and chose the worst outcome.  

Vetaran Princeps:
In repair phase, re-roll a dice for each titan.  Two for Warlords.

Stratagems:
Bounty of Mars  x CP
Play at the beginning of the damage control phase. Pick system or disabled weapon.  For the rest of the round it is repaired on 4+  instead of 5+

Machine Defiance x CP
When your Void shield collapse. Roll dice for each servitor clade, on 5+ you get one shield back. This is not a repair roll. 

Personal Traits
Hero of the Crusade:  Add 1 to command checks with certain conditions. 

Reckless Hubris. Once per turn you may ignore negative effects of system or crippled weapon.  But you get Str X hit that ignores your shields. 

Ancient MIU.  Roll order die.  You get that order automatically

New Maniples

From the same source,

Corsair is 3-5 Reavers as we suspected.  Not going to want to steal views so I'm going to leave the maniple rules out.  But it's bananas.

Janissary 1 reaver, 2 warhouns - can add one of both.  So this is the one often shown in HH books.  Synergy with knights.

Regia  2 warlord, 1 warhound.  Can add two warhounds. The warlords represent king and queen, warhounds are squires.  Internal synergies.

Luprical  3-5 warhounds, already previewed. 

Edited by Zhiv

I believe that less is more when it comes to transfers. They are used to catch the viewer's eyes, not to confuse them.  That being said - because transfers tend to be short time thing - I ordered two sheets for Vulpa. 

I think that's a fair comment - especially on how well they might blend in! 

I think that between the generic Titan transfers and the Legio-specific ones, one transfer sheet could accommodate quite a few God-Machines. Besides, the detail is so great that, in my mind, this is a "less is more" situation for sure!

I pre-ordered Titandeath, the new Reaver, the Warlord sprue and all the transfer sheets! :laugh.:

That's true too, as I've been racking up the other sheets already - it'll just add some more Legio specific flavour. 

Thanks for your thoughts both!