AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

I haven't played my Warlords yet but I just started rolling them out and firing volcanoes on First Fire generates a lot of heat pretty quickly.  The Reaver Gatling will take down shields and the laserblaster hits pretty well against light foes but you have to roll well to punch a Warlord.  I almost think that if I'm going to run a dual volcano Warlord I'll have a dual Gatling/Apoc Reaver to bust shields for him.

In the game we played the plasma-toting Warhounds got up there quickly but died fast. Those plasmas hit pretty hard but you can't be reckless with them.

Edited by Fajita Fan

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having my head turned by Legio Gryphonicus. I love my Legio Ignatum but the transfers support coming for the War Griffons is very appealing and I'm a bit fed up of painting red after doing my Mars Ad Mech army. The grey and yellow do look amazing.

I've 'only' done a single small Battlegroup, so I'm not too bothered about switching, Ignatum can always come along in support :)

Is House Vyronii closely associated with the War Griffons? Will they be on the transfer sheet? Is there an image of that like the Mortis one?

I have this idea...  we all have transfers for 5 legions, while most of us are doing 2 or so of them.  Wouldn't it be neat (or make sense) to cut out the parts you don't need and swap them (via mail) with another princeps working on those legios?  Transfers, unlike miniatures, travel in letters and thus can be shipped cheaply ideally giving anyone taking part to the swap 3-6 more "sheets" of their legio's insignia.   

They’re very easy to use - but my recommendation would be to use Microset and Microsol, which in my experience has made it even easier with a fantastic finish.

My localest hobby store closed and I'll have to find another place. Do I need that even for the gentle curves of knees and shoulders on these titans?

I'd still recommend it, if only because of the fact it gives the perfect finish in my experience. Admittedly, I've not done any using the standard water method in years, but I was delighted with how it came out on all my Ad Mech as a massive batch of transfer applications that I'd want to use it again! Perhaps try applying one or two conventionally and see how the fit lies - and if you're happy, then stick with that!

I really like Microset and Microsol. From the odour I think that Microset is some sort of acetic acid based mix that fixes the decal better than water. Sol definitely smells like plastic glue so I guess it slightly melts the transfer to get that painted on look.

Had a bit of a slug match game against myself tonight. Reaver vs Warlord. Was really just interested in working through the turns and getting them straight in my head.

It’s surprisingly hard to kill a Titan! Lots to remember but the command terminals work well. The repair phase really makes it interesting, the Reaver was able to get its voids back up regularly which kept it in the fight.

The Belicose Volcano cannons are nasty! But I have to admit I kept forgetting to push the reactor due to draining so the Warlord should have been in more trouble.

Even though it was a slow learning exercise against myself and boiled down to just rolling dice with no strategy, I can really see the depth of the game and look forward to play it properly one day!

Crazy psi titan idea

Warlord Sinister Pattern

400pts +weapons

1 Sinistramanus tenebrae mounted on the left arm 60pts

Range: 60”      Dice1   Strength X       Vortex, mental feedback

Mental feedback: targets struck by this weapon are at -1 command.

Psi titan

In the strategy phase the titan may attempt to manifest the two following powers by passing a command test, it can opt to manifest only one power, adding +1 to the command roll.

1 Necrotechia: The titan can heal D3 damage or critical damages immediately.

2 Antipathic Tempest: Place the 5” template anywhere on the table, any models under it receive one hit that automatically passes armour rolls causing a single direct hit. Shields can be uses as usual to defend against the power.

Respawn kidney mode initiated … stand by

I think they might, maybe hiding / removing specific details that clearly indicate scale you can even use some of the ones with structures

e.g.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Realm-of-Battle-Manufactorum-Sector

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Realm-of-Battle-Cityscape-Generatorum-Sector

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Realm-of-Battle-Genatorum-Nexus

This said, I prefer to sink the money into more titans and knights