AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

I’m not even finished with a legio and I’m still trying to come up with ideas for Xenos enemies. I’m totally committed to a bunch of tripods like War of the Worlds (or something) and I wonder which extreme they should be like: glass cannons with terrifying guns or lighter armed but harder to kill.

I’m not even finished with a legio and I’m still trying to come up with ideas for Xenos enemies. I’m totally committed to a bunch of tripods like War of the Worlds (or something) and I wonder which extreme they should be like: glass cannons with terrifying guns or lighter armed but harder to kill.

Tripods being equipped with top tier guns and are fast(and agile?) but fragile feels about right to me.

I mean, it's hard to judge the Martian War Machines capabilities relative to a Titan when based directly on any of their depictions, sense they're always at an extreme tech advantage over Earth in every iteration of the War of The Worlds story, though that one modern day one that starred Tom Cruse has them being taken out by RPGs and bundles of hand grenades once their force shields were down or bypassed, and I'd say were Warhound sized at the most, but we only see their weapons used on humans, so no clue how OP or not they'd be.

Edited by RipOffProductions

I’m rereading Thousand Sons to reread Prospero Burns so I can read The Crimson King. At Ullinor as the primarchs gather there’s a pair of gold Warlords standing at the dias which are part of his honor guard with his lightning bolt symbol. The Emperor may have had his own personal legio, I wonder if their princeps are from Custodes families. That would be a cool legio to make.

So was Santa good to you all? I got a Plasma Warlord. I’ve made a start on the weapon assembly but it’ll be a while before I get to assemble the Titan itself.

Dallo

I'll be getting a 3D Printer on 27th is the mail tracking is correct, and will be doing my best to retrain myself and only use it for conversion bits and decorative details.

That’s awesome, I’m still waiting to get back my first quake and Gatling cannons, generic carapace collars, and some 10mm scale vehicles for bases before I can modify them as needed to share. They’ll be useful as proxies til the real ones are (someday) released. Edited by Fajita Fan

So was Santa good to you all? I got a Plasma Warlord. I’ve made a start on the weapon assembly but it’ll be a while before I get to assemble the Titan itself.

Dallo

Very nice! Main practical hobby gift for me this year was a spray booth (with extractor fan and LED lights), which should be immensely useful now I’m moving towards AT painting territory.

Anyone made any dioramas for their titan bases using vanguard miniatures or the like? I've ordered a couple of extra Leman Russ equivalents with this in mind but they are going to have to look natural and not just stuck on. I was also tempted to put an officer figure on the warlord titan viewing platform.

I have, although using just the Epic Space Marines, and their Rhinos and Land Raiders. I think those other 'human' scale models (or Guard/Astra Militarum equivalents) will work well too, but given the time period - it seems most appropriate for it to be a Marine majority!

I just reread Thousand Sons again and now I want to them in my plastic 30k marines.

^ What an awful sentence, damn mobile interface...

Anyway I just started rereading Prospero Burns and that book is great too.  Dan Abnett and Graham McNeill are such good writers, any of you who haven't read Mechanicum and Titanicus are missing out.

I just reread Thousand Sons again and now I want to them in my plastic 30k marines.

I know this is going off topic for an Adeptus Titanicus thread, but would anybody here have any thoughts on how easy/hard would it be to convert the 40K Rubric Marines for use as Heresy Era Thousand Sons? Obviously the Chaos/Tzeech iconography would need to be removed, and the powerpacks and weapons would probably need replacing, and maybe the helmets as well?