AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Happy AT new releases day fellow Princeps!

Any buying anything from these releases? A box of Cerastus knights and terminals for me. Might have to grab the decal sheets also as they tend to not stay around long.

Going to wait for the Warlord sprue separately I think. Good to see the accessories sprue available separately too.

Personally, in my opinion, etc, etc, I don't like how the Warbringer looks. The huge gun is tad too comical to my senses.  That being said, I am sure it'll tickle the fancy of some people as it is very reminiscent of the original AT models with ridiculously big guns.  

However the 28mm Warbringer seems to have reaver arms? Am I mistaken? 

The Warbringer combines several aspects from the Warlord and the Reaver. Quite fitting, for a Titan class between those. The Legs are Reaver style Legs with further plates above as the Warlord has. The body is more akin to the Warlord but looking at the weapons it seems, as if the macro cannon (?) on it´s back is it´s main weapon (Warlord class size) and the arm weapons are secondary (opposite to every other titan so far). Really liking the design, as it is something very unique . Just the head is not to my liking. 

The warbringer is quite ugly the carapace specially. They should have done an imperator instead

It will have minimum carapace distance like the warlord making it inferior to two warhounds

Edited by noigrim

The warbringer is quite ugly the carapace specially. They should have done an imperator instead

It will have minimum carapace distance like the warlord making it inferior to two warhounds

this is a new 28mm scale Titan from Forge World, while I have no doubts that this this was built side by side with its Titanicus counterpart, a full 28mm scale Imperator will probably never happen even after we get one in AT.

still, it is nice to see the Reaver-Warlord inbetweener, helps rekindle my imagination for my homebrew legion that stalled out when I learned that these previously unknown between classes were in the works.

and seeing a "full sized" release for this guy makes me really exited, even though I'll probably never be able to afford any of FW's Titans, I'm sure every member of the Titan Owners Club is hoping this means that as Titanicus release new weapons for Titans that the FW Titans will get their own upscaled versions.

Like a 40k version of a Battletech Hunchback. I don’t like it either.

Because it looks like artillery, I can’t help but wonder what it’s role is in a pure Titan fight.

The further pictures make it look much better, I wonder it it will literally use Reaver arm weapons.

They certainly look identical to Reaver arms.  

indeed they do, in the full 28mm scale this is probably the case for ease of production by just reusing the Reaver's weapons(which in turn makes it so any new weapons for one doubles as a weapon for either/both), and such ease of production reasonings also carry over to an in-universe explanation, if not being even more reasonable there.

as for it's combat role, well maybe being even longer ranged then the Warlord(with some minimum ranges as well? maybe the Reaver arm weapons are more of a "emergency self-defense" thing then an offensive choice), or maybe just not needing line of sight to use it's carapace artillery(which looks pretty intricately built into the body, there might not even be an alternate weapon there, or if there is that might be why it's called a "Warbringer Nemesis Class" with Warbringer referring specifically to this artillery function, and Nemesis referring to the rest of the chassis).

anyway, as I've said said previously, my plans for my Homebrew Titan Legion stalled out when I heard about there going to be those new "inbetween" Titan classes, sense I was trying to theme my Titans around Tarot cards, and sense there are only 22 of those, I didn't want to fill out all the slots before I knew what my options were.

my backstory for them is that their world was so devastated by civil war during the Age Of Strife that only the Titans remained viable places to live as city after city was destroyed, the larger Titans transferring habitation, hydroponics, and manufacturing facilities onto themselves, eventually becoming nomadic city-states as attrition took it's toll and the wars between the Titans became harder and less relevant to it's participants then basic survival, eventually forming a network of political, military, and trade agreements that more or less ended conflict on their planet.

then during the Great Crusade they were integrated into the Imperium, and the few surviving Titans were organized into Titan Legion Arcana.

so far my plans are:

0-The Fool: a Warhound, the only Scout Titan to be one branded as one of the Major Arcana(a pun on "lone wolf", and also because JoJo refrence to the Fool's user, Iggy, being a dog)

1-The Magician: Psi-Titan, whatever form that ends up taking, will make up lore for him once the options for it are better known.

2-The High Priestess: Reaver Titan, named "Minor Dogma", was a gift to the Legion from the Mechanicum to help spread the Cult of the Omissiah to the other

3-The Empress: an Imperator, for obvious reasons, named "(The?) Lady of Pain" due to a mixture of both its Machine Spirit having developed a peculiar taste in who it's willing to except as its Princeps over it's long life; only those who where conceived, gestated, and born while their mother was acting Princeps are excepted, and the cruel habits of the "royal family" that rules over this marching Hive city of a Titan and its vassals as a consequence of that quirk.

4-The Emperor: another Imperator, don't have a name or backstory worked out for this one yet.

5-the Hierophant: Warlord Titan, named "Major Dogma", as also a gift to the Legion to help solidify relations between them and the Machanicum.

6-The Lover(s): a Reaver Titan(and the 4 Warhounds that make up a Venator Maniple, though I might change that depending on what kind of stuff the other Scout Titans can do).

7-the Chariot: a Warlord(this guy is already built, he's not changing)

8-Strangth: Warlord with double Power Claws, or if a "Boarding Fist" type weapon is ever released it will use one of those.

9-The Hermit: either a Warlord, or the rumored "between a Warlord and an Imperator" sized Titan, either way I'll be building him up to have a proper city on his shoulders.

10-Wheel of Fortune: I have no clue, but it will be min-maxed as hell whatever it is.

11-14- Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, and Temperance: no idea, though I might want Temerance to be the new Warbringer Nemesis, sense an Artilary unit sounds like something appropriate for the virtue of patience, sense that's basically the heavy weapons equivalent of a sniper rifle.

15-The Devil: Warlord or Nemesis, Name "Mountain Cleaver(or cooler pseudo-Latin version off that)"

16-The Tower: the "between a Warlord and Imperator" class, Named "Song Bird(or cool pseudo-Latin version)" and is the most loyal vassal of The Lady of Pain, uses Sonic Weaponry.

17-19-The Sun, Star, and Moon: unknown, though I want them be compatible for a Maniple together sense they'll all named for celestial objects, so maybe The Sun and The Moon would be Warlords and The Star would be a Reaver in an Axium Maniple? but depending on the new Titan Classes and any new Maniples that go with them might change by mind on that.

20-Judgement: no Idea.

21-The World: maybe an Imperator? I mean my lore for this Legion calls for them to mostly be larger classes that carry their supply networks inside/on-top of themselves or are smaller ones who are subservient to those bigger classes due to dependence on them for those supplies.

thoughts? Suggestions for the blanks, or changes to the ones I've already settled on?

EDIT: and of course there would be Scout Titans numbered and labeled with the suits of the Minor Arcana(Swords, Wands, Cups, and Pentacles/Coins)

Edited by RipOffProductions

Hmm. Maybe you should have several titans under each Major Arcana as otherwise your legio would be very very small (20+ machines?) .  Unless you intended to have 60+ warhounds on paper. Unless we are discussing current strength - but still likely each Arcana would have had several titans associated with it in the past?

While tarot draws on christian mythology, it is still very applicable to titan legions as Imperial Hunters e.g. are formed around cult of artemis, greek goddess of hunt. So I don't see any full-tastic problems with the idea. 

I am not 100% on this, but generally Mechanicus does not hand out gifts as Treaty of Olympus forces them to supply all Imperial forces with weapons and armor, including imperial navy, imperial guard, space marines and titan legions.  That being said, most titan legions are tied to forge worlds and defending them, meaning that 'gifting a titan' only means 'bolstering your own defenses'. 

Also not 100% this, but I think that ALL psi titans are under one legio (Legio Sinister). Psi-titans are ever rarer than titans and their maintenance and construction (if it happens) is extremely difficult. Similarly, they fuel their powers by captured psykers controlled by blank princeps.  Psyching blanks are immensely rare - and people capable of becoming princeps, while not as rare, are also uncommon.  So fluff would suggest that all such units would be concentrated in a single force.  But, hey... it IS a big galaxy.

Sun, Star and Moon could feasibly be a squadron of warhounds, though that would make the fool less special. On the other hand, lovers already contains warhounds :P

Hmm. Maybe you should have several titans under each Major Arcana as otherwise your legio would be very very small (20+ machines?) .  Unless you intended to have 60+ warhounds on paper. Unless we are discussing current strength - but still likely each Arcana would have had several titans associated with it in the past?

While tarot draws on christian mythology, it is still very applicable to titan legions as Imperial Hunters e.g. are formed around cult of artemis, greek goddess of hunt. So I don't see any full-tastic problems with the idea. 

I am not 100% on this, but generally Mechanicus does not hand out gifts as Treaty of Olympus forces them to supply all Imperial forces with weapons and armor, including imperial navy, imperial guard, space marines and titan legions.  That being said, most titan legions are tied to forge worlds and defending them, meaning that 'gifting a titan' only means 'bolstering your own defenses'. 

Also not 100% this, but I think that ALL psi titans are under one legio (Legio Sinister). Psi-titans are ever rarer than titans and their maintenance and construction (if it happens) is extremely difficult. Similarly, they fuel their powers by captured psykers controlled by blank princeps.  Psyching blanks are immensely rare - and people capable of becoming princeps, while not as rare, are also uncommon.  So fluff would suggest that all such units would be concentrated in a single force.  But, hey... it IS a big galaxy.

Sun, Star and Moon could feasibly be a squadron of warhounds, though that would make the fool less special. On the other hand, lovers already contains warhounds :tongue.:

The Major Arcana are simply the few surviving Titans that were native to their world Pre-Age Of Strife(plus those two special "welcome gifts" from the Mechanicum to help convert the crew/residents of the others to the Machine Cult, though considering your criticism of that idea, maybe they'll just be old abandoned/wrecked Titans that were Salvaged/restored by Machanicum Tech Priest "missionaries" during the Legion's formation/integration into the Imperium instead).

[EDIT: I'm also thinking that the reason that The Fool is acknowledged as one of the Major Arcana, even if it might not have been the only Scout Titan that survived long enough to see integration with the Imperium of Man, is either an unofficial honor as a sign of respect, or something it managed to negotiate due to political connections.]

having each Major Arcana expanded into a Maniple under the command of the relevant original OG Titan would make sense(indeed this is sort of what The Lovers already is) as a thing the Legion did over time as they rebuilt the infrastructure on their world(or they just moved to a new one? not sure about that yet) to build and maintain new Titans; but in terms of me buying, building, and painting Titan kits, I think I'll just stick to just making each of those core members first.

to expand on The Lovers, it is specifically the Reaver, the 4 Warhounds accompanying it would be Minor Arcana; I'm thinking maybe they'd be the King, Queen, Knight, and Paige of Cups, or something to that effect.

and on the issue of ending up with a ridiculous number of Warhounds; well there are other classes of Scout Titan in the works aren't there? at least one that's going to be smaller then a Warhound, and maybe the one that's sized between the Warhound and Reaver will end up being classified as a Scout as well.

I am aware of Psi-Titans being exclusive to the Legio Sinister, but sense I plan to buy at least one of everything in the Titanicus range I wanted to have a reserved spot for it in the Legion, even if "canonically" The Magician ends up being used as just an ordinary Warlord or whatever.

I still vary strongly feel that The Sun, The Star, and The Moon's exact classifications need to wait until we have info on the new classes of Titans and Maniples that they and the existing Titans can be organized into; same goes for Justice, The Hanged Man, Death, and Judgement, sense I can also see them being in something of an "executioners(executioner's? Executioners'?) squad" Maniple together. It all really depends on what new rules/options come with Titan-Death and other such supplements.

Like I said, I plan to buy at least one of everything, so I have to leave some places blank until I know what these announced, but not revealed, Titan classes are and what they do so I can put them in there once I have the facts needed to brand them with a fitting Tarot, and maybe if I decide that one of these classes doesn't belong among the Major Arcana, but isn't a Scout Titan to simply brand with one of the Suits, then I'll make that a "generic" member of the Legion to place in a Maniple underneath one of the Majors.

Edited by RipOffProductions

I like the idea of Titan Legio Arcana.

I just remembered that, back in the old days, in epic, there was a version of tarot called "Emperor's tarot". It is basically a Warhammer 40k flavoured version of the tarot, it was a deck of fate cards to be used in epic games. They were published in WD 210, June 1997. A quick online search should allow you to find more on these. You'd have cards named "the commander", "the assassin", "the space marine", "the judge", "the inquisitor", "the harlequin", … Maybe worth a look.

Single titans, squadrons or maniples? Wondering if you can link some to specific loadouts?