AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Nooooo!

Hopefully it’s okay. I dropped my Warlord main body due to the same reason. The point defence cannon snapped off but luckily it was a clean break and glued back fine.

Leadbelcher does dry pretty quick so hopefully no damage done.

I like the idea of Titan Legio Arcana.

I just remembered that, back in the old days, in epic, there was a version of tarot called "Emperor's tarot". It is basically a Warhammer 40k flavoured version of the tarot, it was a deck of fate cards to be used in epic games. They were published in WD 210, June 1997. A quick online search should allow you to find more on these. You'd have cards named "the commander", "the assassin", "the space marine", "the judge", "the inquisitor", "the harlequin", … Maybe worth a look.

Single titans, squadrons or maniples? Wondering if you can link some to specific loadouts?

I remember seeing an "Emperor's Tarot" referenced somewhere, but nothing detailed, so I assumed it just meant that Tarot decks were still around in the 41st Millennium, and being called the "Emperor's" was more about the Imperium's religiosity then a change in the cards themselves.

as for specific loadouts, besides Strength being melee focused, and Magician being a Psi-Titan(or at least using the model of one, who knows, there isn't any information about how Psi-Titans will work or even look like, just that they will eventually be added to the game) I don't have much settled.

I do think that over all the Legion prefers energy based weapons(Lasers and Plasma), due to their history of limited resources making the use of anything that uses missiles and bullets unviable in the long term, while ones that only need the Titan's reactors to be operational to fire were advantageous. If there is ever an official Legion with a special rule for minimizing risk of Reactor overheating, or easier reactor cooldowns, I'll be saying Arcana counts as those guys.

That’s a super fluffy force but one question: what does the Mechanicum think of the Tarot? They worship the Emperor as the physical incarnation of the Machine God but was the Tarot a thing back then?

the Tarot theming isn't necessarily in-universe, it could be just a coincidence(a.k.a. "Warp Shenanigans"[trademark]), or it was a Minastorum(or whatever the equivalent of that was back in the Great Crusade era) was having fun with the name when they noticed there was 21 or 22 Titans on their planet... or it could be completely intentional... 

either way I do want to come up with names for each Titan that aren't related to their Tarot(at least not directly), both to reflect their ancient history prior to being organized into a Legion, and to make the theming less obvious.

also I'm thinking that the ancient city-state Titans function more like Imperial Knight houses then like any other kind of Machanicum run force, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by RipOffProductions

Well the Magician doesn't have to be a psi-titan, he could be armed with dual volcanoes and dual laserblasters and perform the ol' "I'm going to make this building disappear" routine. 

"Look, there's a building, I'm going to make it disappear!"

*BAAAMMM*

"Look, it's gone!" 

*applause* 

I think not too long ago GW released a print of cards with Blanche illustrations, and I'm not sure whether it was a "real" Emperor's tarot or just a normal card set, but it might be worth to take a look online.

EDIT: My bad, they are effectively just a normal set of cards:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Dark-Millennium-Playing-Cards-2017

Edited by Elzender

A couple of pictures from the AT diorama shown during the Vigilus weekender which I first spotted in Lady Atia's thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291212-atias-thread-adeptus-titanicus-legio-gryphonicus-wip/page-87

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/11/26/adeptus-titanicus-diorama-on-display-now/

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/10/30/coming-soon-adeptus-titanicus-diorama/ (the preview with another pic I don't know how to display directly)

Nyrcon-City-adeptus-titanicus-diorama-1.

Nyrcon-City-adeptus-titanicus-diorama-3.

Nyrcon-City-adeptus-titanicus-diorama-4.

Nice touch, some missiles already fired from the Apoc launchers, just noticed it

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Really cool piece.  I have that file to print those container crates at AT scale, I need to send some to get done.

I think I'll work on some lists tonight where I mix and match Warlord carapace weapons while cutting their points in half.  

Edited by Fajita Fan

So how are folks attaching their banners? I've got a size I'm happy with for the main warlord banner - still figuring out the weapon pennants - but am unsure how best to set it up. I tried simply having it disappear up behind the crotchplate with some plain wire but it doesn't look great.

I really love these dioramas. Very inspiring stuff.

So how are folks attaching their banners? I've got a size I'm happy with for the main warlord banner - still figuring out the weapon pennants - but am unsure how best to set it up. I tried simply having it disappear up behind the crotchplate with some plain wire but it doesn't look great.

I was thinking of using sewing thread. Just a theoretical idea so far, but definitely on my list of things to do. I have seen some pics with little chains being used browsing on the web.

I’ve seen them attached to brass rod, I printed mine double sided with enough space at the top for a fold over something narrow like a paperclip or fine jewelry chain. Do you want them solid or flapping in the breeze? I really can’t do mine till my torsos are painted and glued down.

So taking asymmetric carapace weapons on a Warlord doesn’t free up that many points unless you do it intentionally. It does make each titan just a little more flexible to be able to strip shields or hurt hull by splitting up, say, laserblasters and Gatling blasters.

The thing it would do is affect First Fire orders slightly. If a Warlord goes First Fire at long range and you need to strip shields you’d obviously prefer to shoot Apoc launchers twice over a volcano or plasma. If you take one Apoc launcher and one Gatling blaster you’d obviously have half the shots with your long ranged missiles.

I’ve seen them attached to brass rod, I printed mine double sided with enough space at the top for a fold over something narrow like a paperclip or fine jewelry chain. Do you want them solid or flapping in the breeze? I really can’t do mine till my torsos are painted and glued down.

I've made them of plain paper so solid, I guess? You're right, a paperclip should suffice. I was having trouble getting them straight because I was using a single length of wire in a sort of 'U' shape but a paper clip with some fine chain ought to do it. Maybe I can stretch out some slightly larger links to attach them to the titan/guns...

I am liking the Warbringer. If by the time it gets released I have already plunged into AT, I will probably get it. Plus, as I've said in the news topic, I would like to attempt to turn it into a Choombringer (although I also like the original cannon, guess I'l have to take 2 :tongue.:). As for the head, I actually like it, despite similar designs on other titans and knights usually not being my cup of tea. Maybe it is a bit too big, but at worst it will fit nicely on a Warlord, and I'd use it on a brawler (claw+short range weapon).

I am liking the Warbringer. If by the time it gets released I have already plunged into AT, I will probably get it. Plus, as I've said in the news topic, I would like to attempt to turn it into a Choombringer (although I also like the original cannon, guess I'l have to take 2 :tongue.:). As for the head, I actually like it, despite similar designs on other titans and knights usually not being my cup of tea. Maybe it is a bit too big, but at worst it will fit nicely on a Warlord, and I'd use it on a brawler (claw+short range weapon).

A Titan size Volkite weapon? You magnificent bastard you.