AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Slev Sleddeddan over on facebook did some edits so you can actually change the name and points of your titan now - enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eil6vuiajkrgyjm/AABC26n6iz-bqxV1Uw1shDaZa?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1PMp5xpsfquHR8UK0630HRUgxegDtrz4Vz88fb41ekRQPyR_2YhxVId3E

Yep, it actually makes me consider to buy the Versatile Nameplates just for this - now I need to write up the names of all my finished engines first ^.^

I highly doubt we'll see Chaos Titans any time soon. Especially when all of the "major" Legios have yet to receive rules. While there were a select few that showed signs of daemonic possession pre-Terra (at the very least Legio Vulpa, yeah?), The vast majority would have little physical mutation beforehand, let alone god-specific patterns and weaponry. That's just my opinion.

I bought that game, and it's not the new rules, but the classic ones. It does look pretty, but at the moment it's a bit limited. 

This being said, it's cheap to pick up and the two developers are putting a lot of work in. Just don't expect the AT2018 rules :)

Adeptus Titanicus review on Twitch this coming Thursday at 4pm UK time

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Not sure I'll be around to watch it as I'll be attending a totally unrelated event (an exhibition of art from the Sepik and Ramu rivers of Papua New Guinea) starting very shortly after the stream is due to end. There is a cocktail so I'm pretty sure where my priorities will be :biggrin.:

So I’ve still got a desire to start a second, traitor Legio. Currently I’m thinking Mortis as it ticks the ‘Mars based’ and ‘favoured by the Grandfather’ boxes for me. However, it is yet another red and black army (I seem to have a lot of that).

Anyway, I wanted to ask about the gold trim. When you are painting that, do you guys just paint the front face and the sides? Or do you paint the back of the armour plates (assuming they are separate). What about undercoating with Retributor Armour in those panels, anyone doing that?

Just working out how I’d do them if I did Mortis. Was also thinking of doing Makabius with Stegodon Green - does that seem right?

I do the trim separately with a fine brush using Gehenna Gold. I do undersides if they show trim definition. Otherwise they're Leadbelcher washed with Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade.

For Makabius, I used Vallejo German Grey as a base, then wash with Drakenhof Nightshade and work the color up mixing in Administratum Grey.

Edited by DuskRaider

I sprayed the back of my armour plates with leadbelcher spray (which is so much brighter than actual leadbelcher paint lol). Then I do the actual trim with a gold Sharpie but only the front and edges of the trim I don't do the gold on the back of the armour panel.

Do not spray everything Retributor then block in the panels. I thought that was a cute idea until I saw that Retributor is TWENTY EIGHT GOD DAMN DOLLARS A CAN. $28 for a can of spray paint to base coat trim then block over is like adding beluga caviar to a delivery pizza because you like the saltiness of anchovies.

I’m experimenting with blocking out the panels, Retributor painted on my trim, cleanup the blocked out color, using Agarax on the bottom parts of the trim and Sepia on the top parts, then highlighting with the lighter gold. My panels are white (Ulthuan gray) so cleanup takes a little more time.

Yeah my Retributor armour can stopped working. Money not well spent!

Since then I've used either leadbelcher or white, and painted on the gold trim with a brush. I still do the trim first on armour plates that are going to be dark though. I do the flames first on the lighter panels, because that can be a messy process.

Ah interesting. I just assumed it was like Leadbelcher (which find to be a great spray basecoat and go through cans like nobody's business). But it sounds like it's temperamental. Brush it is!

I can't say if it was just one bad can or if it's a problem with lots of them. I've recently had a can of white (from another manufacturer) go weird too.

I think the lesson is that I need to get an airbrush and learn to use it. Can't really explain what's kept me doing so for so long.

yes, I have used airbrush for about 3 years now, for priming and basecoating. it really is a useful tool especially during winter months here in the cold dark north.

but I would say that dont go for cheapest first, i did that and it worked great for a while but then I wanted/needed a better one so the first 100€ purchase was redundant.

I invested 200€ for the compressor and about 80€ for iwata airbrush and ive been happy ever since.

btw, any idea when the new AT stuff is going to be released? new knight, terrain, transfers?

I was going to order the new weapons and some BB models from FW but guess what, out of stock again.

I started building my titans again now that I feel so much better than amonth or so ago. I will share my progress at my plog atleast twice a week to keep me motivated and to get valuable feedback from you guys&gals.

btw, any idea when the new AT stuff is going to be released? new knight, terrain, transfers?

I was going to order the new weapons and some BB models from FW but guess what, out of stock again.

I started building my titans again now that I feel so much better than amonth or so ago. I will share my progress at my plog atleast twice a week to keep me motivated and to get valuable feedback from you guys&gals.

Within 3 months according to the lads I spoke to at the event, whenever it fits into the release schedule. The forgeworld stuff is another story.

Added the Horus eye shoulder cover bit to one of my Chaosy knights in place of his right shoulder shield and the tail but from those spindly Mechanicus assassin guys (Ruststalkers?) whose bits complement Knights rather nicely. I may even use their gas mask heads on my traitor Knights. 

BC481BD3 505E 40F9 89ED C4A18E8407A0

Also started mocking up my loyalist household Senechal’s Runefang sword from a Fantasy general. I’m not sure if he should be arcing it on the backswing or slashing through.  Sword forward and shield back or vice versa? Thoughts?

CA9642CF 8933 4593 ABC1 9CA964AE07B6