AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

I wanted my freeblade banner of four knights to have an assassin-looking model called The Shadow Thief so I used 40k skitari bits to mock up a dagger-wielding ninja. I’ll probably trim the gas mask hose or bend it backwards, should I bother giving him a cloak of some sort?

B2E014F7 1781 4485 B4D7 1DB9C993AC5F

5F0668C8 7724 4D02 91C3 892F00B71A01

7A2E8345 353D 4A47 88E5 1225AED2A10B

I’ve got two freeblades build and primed, the last one will have a battlecannon and a Sisters of Silence claymore to make a Highlander. Don’t ask what possessed me to put a lizardmen spear through a gun to make a fancy lance for the thermal cannon, it’s all about the rule of cool. 

BE7D11D0 137D 4B05 A8BB AB8A33761D68

9E6585A3 5799 43C5 BFB4 8FD30BD6F03F

I was going to settle for some antennae and maybe big loincloth to cover the cabling gaps in his groin. I’m truly bad at green stuff capes that don’t look like someone is wearing a blanket or garbage bag poncho. 

Okay, to finish the list I’ve made I need another Cerastus lance Scion with a banner, two 2 man Cerastus banners to finish the Seneschal’s banner, 3 Questoris with thermal cannons, and then two freeblade Questoris (one with a battlecannon and a claymore, the other is my dual knife assassin).

Once that’s done I can spray the rest of these guys and get painting with a quick black/white scheme.

I still don’t know what to put on top and I feel compelled to add something. I’ve fiddled several times with the Deathwing feather things that go on the sgt armor that stick up along with various standards and flags. Nothing is really appealing to me. What about an ork style boss pole with a shield and crossed swords?

EA9D15E7 09D4 4971 ACED D222A42EACEA

95C8964F D504 47DA 91F4 FB50BD2BCD45

I have a few of their shields on the shoulders for the command banner. I was originally using their swords but switched to fantasy swords for some reason - I might use them on my pair of Castigators at least.

I don’t know why I feel the need to add something on top but it doesn’t feel fancy enough. I also regret posing the antler model the way I did, he’s going to be a pain moving him around on the table.

Finished a pair of Cerastus lancers and another banner of thermal cannon Questoris. Home stretch: 3 more Cerastus, find another banner pole for another lance scion, and two more free blades. 

I really wanted to make a pair of Castigators to lead a ranged lance and help break shields for the thermal cannons but I‘m having trouble giving up the extra shield save on a two man banner by taking lancers instead. 

D52EC639 EC67 4472 B998 1828274BD0F8

Dude, if there’s a stupid niche army list I’m buying it. 3rd edition Grey Knights? Check. 4th edition Deathwing? Check. 5th edition Sanguinary Guard? Check. 13th Company Space Wolves? Check. Jurassic Park Lizardmen? Check. 7th edition Fantasy Chaos knights/chariots? Check. Knight Household? Check.

An army of 40mm bases in a game centered on titans modeled in an entirely different scale than all their other products is like the definition of niche. :laugh.: :laugh.:

Much less progress than I hoped but I got home at almost 10pm. For my lance of all ranged models I decided to mock up Castigators with their dual Gatling guns. I couldn't commit to that loadout so I'm magnetizing the guns with shield arms in case I decide to switch back to lancers. The gun is just two Gatling barrels on an avenger body with a termie assault cannon magazine.  His hammer head is from the Fantasy empire general, I wanted to carry the medieval look so his bannermate will get a flail tomorrow night. 

IMG 1414

IMG 1415

IMG 1416

IMG 1417

I don't know about that. I have a feeling that at this point next year (maybe a little later), Knights will be just as big as Titan Legions in AT in terms of support and players. We'll have at least one more book full of rules if not two, and now that GW has established Knight House rules they could conceivably split the two into separate black books to focus on each (Households and Legions) within the confines of their own rule book.

Also, I'd expect to see smaller base models at some point as well, such as Armigers. You know they'll eventually make the jump and you know they won't be on 40mm either, unless GW decides to have 2-3 on a single base.

Where are you getting your banners from?

Those are marine banners. They take a little trimming to fit but I don’t have time to greenstuff them, it’ll be too humid to prime very soon.

I was curious about armigers but unless they make new weapon options wouldn’t they be undergunned for AT?

I'm not sure, I think Thermal Spear should still be able to do some damage. Helverin might strip shields from afar, although how effectively obviously I can't say. I don't recall how they stack against Avenger Gatling Cannons on 40K, if that's even a reliable indication of what their stats would be in AT. There's also the 30K incarnations we would presumably be able to field as well.

I'd assume they'd be cheap so they'd be plentiful so if anything you'd throw them in CC where they could do damage or at least distract your opponent.

Edit: looking on Battlescribe, Thermal Spears are S8 and Helverin Autocannons are S7. So going by that, perhaps the Thermal Spear would be S6 and the Autocannon S5?

Edited by DuskRaider