Rigo(u)r Mortis - Manufactorum & Assembly Yard - 12.03.19

Chaeron

Lovely bases, the one stomping on the land raider made me think of this, first scene top left: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/12/no-011-snakebites-and-jack/

With regards to height, I agree with the point made by Brother Dallo regarding cover. I would try not to elevate the titan too much. Hence my preference for a stepping on X position, with one leg straight and the other bent, over one on top of a tall hill / rock / building.This said, as a display piece, there are very cool possibilities I think (picturing King Kong while writing).

Looking good. Some nice progress there.

With regards to raising the models higher off the base, if you think it will look better, totally go for it. Having said that, it's something I'm avoiding. In a game that offers cover based on percentage obscurity (obscured-ness?), I think it'll hinder you from a game mechanics point to have unnecessarily tall Titans. 

Still, rule of cool and all that.

Keep up the motivation for your hobby. I find it really helps my project to stay on track when other people are posting their progress too.

Dallo

Lovely bases, the one stomping on the land raider made me think of this, first scene top left: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/12/no-011-snakebites-and-jack/

With regards to height, I agree with the point made by Brother Dallo regarding cover. I would try not to elevate the titan too much. Hence my preference for a stepping on X position, with one leg straight and the other bent, over one on top of a tall hill / rock / building.This said, as a display piece, there are very cool possibilities I think (picturing King Kong while writing).

Cheers both, definitely debating whether or not it'd help - especially when thinking about the size of the Warlords already... I'm hoping terrain will be more forgiving in future (in terms of larger buildings!), but it's definitely something be aware of.

I like the way you decorated the bases, and hope to see the completed (painted, decaled) models soon.

Thank you! I'll see whether I can get things sprayed soon, to start moving that yet further along...

My current debate is whether they actually need to be positioned to be taller – whether that’s via additional cork or something else, as the next picture demonstrates when next to the Reavers as part of the whole Legio that they might benefit from something more.

I see a lot of people posing their titans with bent knees and I have them almost entirely straight. Warlord legs look to short to me anyway so I didn't want to exacerbate so they'd tower over other titans. 

I like a mixture of poses - but also in heights generally for a more diverse aesthetic. I think their width is what helps give them yet more of a presence, especially as they get progressively more covered with armour as the Titans themselves get larger...

I now demand that you model one of your Titans clinging to the side of a building, surrounded by tiny aircraft. :tongue.:

Dallo

Don't tempt me...!

Hopefully, over the next couple of weeks, we can make some serious painting progress - which is quite exciting! Next steps will be constructing the Warlord bodies and clearing all mould-lines and things like that in the first instance, and then hopefully taking this all further.

Loving the poses! I’m just building my second set of titans atm but still been quite conservative with the leg positions. Yours look amazing, wish I’d have done mine a bit more like yours...

Thanks Burni - let's just see how much I struggle when I'm putting the armour on :lol:

No real further progress to report on just yet... but soon! Will soon have some Knight Lancers to add to the fledgling ranks - so looking forward to doing all of the Knights in the near future.

Great progress so far. And I agree on the bent knee thing - I did it but next time I’ll go for a more straight pose, rise the Titan to its full height! :lol:

I get what people say about cover, but still, rule of cool...

So, any colour on the plastic yet?

Great progress so far. And I agree on the bent knee thing - I did it but next time I’ll go for a more straight pose, rise the Titan to its full height! :laugh.:

I get what people say about cover, but still, rule of cool...

So, any colour on the plastic yet?

Thanks so much Captain - I'm guessing I'll continue to vary if I add any more (presumably, with newer variants and heads it'll be only logical to keep adding and mixing it up...). 

No additional colour based progress just yet - although I'm hoping to prime all the remaining sprues (with armour, weapons, etc. on) this weekend. Once they are done, it'll be cracking out the airbrush and working through them in stages - so do expect plenty soon!

• 1 month later...

+++COLOUR TEST LOADED+++

+++APPLYING+++
+++APPLYING+++
+++APPLYING+++
+++APPROVED+++
+++COMPLIANCE+++

Some progress to report! 

Okay, lots of other people are producing some very fantastic art - and I've been mostly tinkering and planning, but you'll be relieved to know that I'm nearly at a stage where lots will happen (he says with an air of confidence...he says...).

So, some painting has happened! Well, by happened, it means I have applied some paint... to some things... mostly sprayed the armour panels on sprues. But hey, it's progress! The photo even proves it:

31453900-a23e-437b-857e-b3f0298f5c0f.jpe

...which leads me to the next steps! I'll be imminently masking these off, because as I've mentioned - I've been deciding on the names for all the Titans - and thus, want their livery to match appropriately. There's still some research to do, naturally - and there'll be some guesswork (i.e. where there isn't a predefined scheme for that named Titan, I'll just have to improvise with something that's different to the rest, but that's workable!), but it's quite a good place to be at. As others have shown in their various threads, I've got all the name plates from the fabulous Versatile Terrain - and I'll just need to get those prepared and ready in due course to adorn their namesake Titans!

I have a small amount of body building to do for the Warlords still - and I'll want to just triple check the skeletons for mould lines, but then I'll get things sprayed too - and ready to progress promptly thereafter. It'll be a larger batch - probably split down by Titan class, but it's a really exciting project - and so looking forward to showing off some slightly more replete progress in the not too distant future.

• 2 months later...

+++UPLOAD+++

+++UPLOAD+++

+++UPLOAD+++

+++UPLOAD+++

+++WARLORDS EMBODIED+++

Some progress to report! Namely, the completion of the build of my Warlord Titans!

Having focused on the smaller Titans, and their legs and bases previously as you will have seen, I have finally got round to completing their torsos. As with most fellow Fraters, I've magnetised all the weapon options for future, and have left the armour off for airbrushing in due course. My skeletons now look like this: 

2458f082-373c-4756-b59b-0b45db0bc29f.jpe

Making use of the weather today, I've now got them all primed, with the rest of the Titans too. Plenty of work still to come on this front... but I feel a vow coming!

Whoa, now that's some Warlords. Think you'll get use out of all of them?

Who knows? I think it's possible - but as I've not managed to get anything on the tabletop thus far, it may simply be for display purposes only for a bit. :lol:

Nice progress, readying yourself for a sprint it seems.

Cheers Mendi - getting there certainly. I always prefer painting in a batch for consistency: this is just a big batch...!

Were is the paint?

Coming...! I've got a painting course scheduled imminently - and thereafter, hoping to get these completed rapidly. Fingers crossed!

Archived