Malevolence release (Questions, not answers!)

Indefragable

My gut feeling says that everything they've just shown off today will be available as a pre-release at the Weekender.

everybody always goes around on the Friday snooping to see what will be available and what the big surprises are, myself included, so why not just let us (and everyone else) see a bit in advance and start the hype rolling. 

EDIT - I really should read the article rather than skip straight to the pictures. "Today, we’re giving you a sneak peek at some of the new models that’ll be available to buy on the weekend to help you plan your shopping…"

Makes you wonder what they aint showing us. Are the Wolves getting a new special character? the squad the showed up in Fear to Tread... even though that took place before there was any suspicion of any traitors (well other than Curze), now that i think about it... nosy wolves threatening to assassinate primarchs for no reason... unless they broke the rules and used the warp to a possible future... :teehee:

I'm really looking forward to the Weekender more now they're actually giving it a little press and showcasing some minis. I'm just hoping that my White Scars get a little more than just their rules at the Weekender. A Captain or even some power spears and I'll be happy :tu:

I'm not sure the WS have a first captain or first khan.

The Noyan-Khans seem to be the WS equivalent of Lord Commanders. I believe two or three of them would, together, have authority over all units in the legion. So Hasik and Jemulan would be those guys during Chondax. The WS blademasters would be Qin Xa and Jubal.

I agree, though I do think Qin Xa was slightly more, basically being the Khans face and most respected servant. I could see him being the equal of a First Captain, in practical rank as well.

@ Brother Pheidias

I think Qin Xa's closest analogs would be Archamus of the IF, Grimnir Blackblood of the SW, and Azkaellon of the BA...but yeah, these guys were at the top of the hierarchy. Their seniority would equal or even surpass chapter masters, first captains, etc.

So a theory on why we randomly get some Night Lords;

Production lead times are long and some of you may remember that Malevolence was originally going to be Angelus and also cover Thramas (NL vs DA) as well as Signus. Thramas was delayed because DA are going to need probably more work than any other legion due to the insane organization of the 1st and Chondax was added as the WS are fairly easy to nail in doctrine.

Some NL models were more than likely in production to meet the release of the book before WS stuff was started so they carried on with it. Atrementar have been mentioned by Alan (RIP) and will probably be held back until the next book now, but I'd imagine there is a sculpt or two sitting in Notts.

So a theory on why we randomly get some Night Lords;

Production lead times are long and some of you may remember that Malevolence was originally going to be Angelus and also cover Thramas (NL vs DA) as well as Signus. Thramas was delayed because DA are going to need probably more work than any other legion due to the insane organization of the 1st and Chondax was added as the WS are fairly easy to nail in doctrine.

Some NL models were more than likely in production to meet the release of the book before WS stuff was started so they carried on with it. Atrementar have been mentioned by Alan (RIP) and will probably be held back until the next book now, but I'd imagine there is a sculpt or two sitting in Notts.

+1

I also speculate that they will be releasing the 1 power armor/1Terminator Praetors and unique Leviathans for every Legion, so that drop feed will continue for some time...wouldn’t surprise me if DA is next to build that hype/give something to hold over until Book 9.

I suspect SW will be last as book 7 was relatively recently released.

I am sure we will see the book and some BA too but i am not sure about WS

I don't know if FW is able now with their reduced staff to make rules and models for WS too in Malevolence

Yes, there will be White Scars rules in the book. That has not changed in the year since the last Weekender. If there were a direction change like that we would have heard about it, considering that in previous streams they’ve said the book was near completion and went through the factions in it - including the Scars.

Models - well that is a fair question. I’ve spoken to designers at past events who have admitted that they (FW) have messed up in the past by not having some model support for new Legions at a Black Book release. Given we’ve already got Praetors and Dreadnought available for the Angels this gives the FW guys some scope to drop some similar WS units at the Weekender.

I Hope cause there is always the fear they will delay DA again

But the problem will be when DA will be out after the price increase for non UK people what will happen because of Brexit too

Maybe we non UK DA players will not be able to buy models cause the price will be incredibly high

I don't have a good feeling about FW lately

New releases means it's doing fine. BA are a big ticket legion and will inject untold cash into the hobby.

Let's face it, Heresy is a luxury interest and Brexit will probably not affect spending on that sort of thing! But enough on that...

The NL leviathan is totally left field for me. At least with BA they had the reason of Assault Cannons as an option. NL don't have anything unique so it's just crazy. My only guess is of they get a grizzly trophies option to cause fear or morale shenanigans in an update.

New releases means it's doing fine. BA are a big ticket legion and will inject untold cash into the hobby.

Let's face it, Heresy is a luxury interest and Brexit will probably not affect spending on that sort of thing! But enough on that...

The NL leviathan is totally left field for me. At least with BA they had the reason of Assault Cannons as an option. NL don't have anything unique so it's just crazy. My only guess is of they get a grizzly trophies option to cause fear or morale shenanigans in an update.

I guess it is all about the looks and has no rules background whatsoever. But you never know...

Can't recall where I heard it but my understanding was that the legion-specific contemptors sell like gangbusters, as does the leviathan, so stick em together and...

Can't recall where I heard it but my understanding was that the legion-specific contemptors sell like gangbusters, as does the leviathan, so stick em together and...

No wonder really that they sell, both can be used also in 40k and neither one is excessively bad there. I do wish they still had those old legion specific box dreads (mark IV dread??) available at FW, those were some really cool models.

Yep. They have been considering doing Legion specific Leviathans or Deredeos for years now. It's little surprise really, and we'll definitely see more going forward if the format they're doing for BA/DA/WS/NL is popular.

Archived