Glandhounds model

grimsanity

Not sure if this is the right place to ask But I just read clonelord and I'm curious how i could model glandhounds for my chaos cultists. Im thinking catachans maybe. Any ideas? Looking for male and female mix

Goliaths and Eschers as a base, maybe? How freakish do you want them to be?

Alternatively you could mix in Dark Eldar bits with guard bits.

I want to say that article predated the Cadian models and was in the 3rd or 4th edition timeframe. I recall a two page article detailing 3 or 4 regiments made of conversions. Sorry I can’t find it. GW nuked their site years ago and that might have put a kink in finding it.

I threw out all those issues years ago. Sorry.

Edit: look for issue 303 UK

I forget, what specifically did the book say in regards to how tall they are? Depending on the answer, House Goliath Models will be ruled out. Dark Eldar in general wouldn't work imo as they're too spindly (some of their models would though and some of their weapons could work). I honestly wouldn't suggest using Catachans either. They're the easiest way to make the Gland Hounds, but their models aren't the best.

If you give me a couple of hours, I can find some very solid alternatives.

As far as I know Glandhounds only got described as stronger and more intelligent than regular humans, aggressive, with a strong pack-behaviour and capable of killing Marines as that's what they were made for. No mention about height or such.

They are probably as strong or stronger than Goliath but strength obviously doesn't equal height (as the books show us by regularly mentioning how unexpectedly strong Eldar are despite their frame).

Now I don't quite remember whether it was the Glandhounds or the Vat-born that got described as "too perfect/symmetrical" face-wise.

I tend to believe that they aren't particularly taller than regular humans so their best representation would probably be Cultists and then use Biles Enhanced Warriors ability on them. Just use whatever human sized models you like, preferably with a focus on melee weapons.

Model-wise Catachans and AoS Chaos Marauder came first into my mind since those are particularly strong "regular" humans tho both model ranges are pretty outdated by now (and as basically every model range they're lacking female models as well).

When I first read those books my first thought for a conversion was the Solar Auxilia bodies mixed with genestealer cultist and marauder parts, and replacing the high-tech helmets with bare heads and marauder helmets. I think I remember in the first book Igori and some of the others wore cobbled together carapace armour.

Archived