How to speed up the game?

Wassa

Sounds superfluous when you have a tape measure but for guard a 6" x 2" piece of plastic helps massively. Long edge gives you max basic move, short edge checks coherency. Really helps movement phase and allows you to do things such as spread a unit for deepstrike denial quickly.

I think once you play with a chess clock you'll be pleasantly surprised how it both keeps you moving swiftly through each phase of your turn and how relaxed you are during your opponent's time. Slow play doesn't really matter in a beer and pretzels game anyway. It is really important in an ITC style 3 hour round.

Chess clocks might make the game have a set time limit but that's not the point of the thread, as it's not a tip for being able to speed up playing your actual round.

I haven't played guard in quite some time so this might not be relevant, but when I'm playing my orks with my larger units I'll just move the models in the corners and let my opponent move the in between guys. Most folks I've talked to have no problems with that.

Chess clocks might make the game have a set time limit but that's not the point of the thread, as it's not a tip for being able to speed up playing your actual round.

I haven't played guard in quite some time so this might not be relevant, but when I'm playing my orks with my larger units I'll just move the models in the corners and let my opponent move the in between guys. Most folks I've talked to have no problems with that.

I don't agree. Clocks alone have sped up our games. Time pressure works. Try it

Have to wholly disagree here. When you're on the clock, you'll notice yourself moving much quicker during your time.

I play with a scion battalion in support of my main guard brigade. I took a piece of plexiglass and cut it 9" long, 2" wide on one end, then 6" edge that steps up an 1" down 3" more and finished off with a 1" wide edge on the other end.

It gives me deep strike bubble, normal move, coherency and the "im not touching you one inch" Really speeds up deployment and deep strikes.

Sounds superfluous when you have a tape measure but for guard a 6" x 2" piece of plastic helps massively. Long edge gives you max basic move, short edge checks coherency. Really helps movement phase and allows you to do things such as spread a unit for deepstrike denial quickly.

Archived