Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Fulminis Crusade

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Fortunately Firepower, at this rate, noone will ever need to paint one again!

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Marshall Heber

Marshall Heber

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts
And these are just Rhinos, the prospect of a Predator or LRC is a daunting one, though I will trust in my ZEAL to carry me through.

I'm going to try drybrushing on my next build, in fact I'm going to follow a very different process entirely. I had both of these completely built before I started painting and now have all the colours blocked in so I think I've made things more difficult for myself.

I'm glad you all like the hazard stripes, I'm really happy how they turned out. At first our colour scheme may seem very dull compared to some of the others but actually having such a blank slate gives so many more opportunities for those little embellishments, details and splashes of colour and I think that our completed figures and vehicles have a great deal more character and interest compared to most other chapters.

Edited by Marshall Heber, 07 December 2018 - 08:37 AM.

afenba.jpg

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,274 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Hazard stripes and checkers are proper old school goodness.  If you wanna go all out, add flames :lol:

Fortunately Firepower, at this rate, noone will ever need to paint one again!

Not so fortunate for me, seeing as I already endured the trial of painting 3.   Over 100 hours of work, and look at the state their rules are in :(

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Marshall Heber

Marshall Heber

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts

Hazard stripes and checkers are proper old school goodness.

Well, happily I have both.

Managed to sneak half an hour this morning before work and I'm really not thrilled with the way the highlights are going because, firstly, I'm just not very good at them and, secondly, I suffered quite a severe burn at work the other day (I'm a chef) over my right hand, wrist and halfway up my forearm so it's currently bandaged and quite swollen so my dexterity is not what it should be. Thus far I've only done half of one Rhino so did a bit of drybrushing on the other half. If I'm careful I think I could do it without making too much of a mess of the details I've painted so far, I'm going to finish one half with edge highlighting and the other half with drybrushing and see what I (and you guys) think is the best way to go

Edited by Marshall Heber, 07 December 2018 - 09:58 AM.

afenba.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users