Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Negavolt cultist

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

frosteldar

frosteldar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

Not sure if any of you have been following the WarhammerQuest 40k -Blackstone Fortress information, but today they released an interesting tidbit related to AdMech:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

I'm sure these heretical models will be interesting if introduced on a wider scale!  

BlackstonePreview-Oct31-Negavolt1jvrh.jp

• walter h likes this
ETL VI Banner 03 Custos Fidei 02

Stray

Stray

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 661 posts
  • Faction: House Malinax

That's the closest thing to an official Dark Mechanicus model we've seen in a while! Be a good template for some cultist conversions if never made more widely available too.

leinglo

leinglo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13 posts
  • Faction: Grey Wings

I think the odds are good for a dark mechanicus release if Blackstone Fortress turns out to be popular. Standalone games like this have often served as testbeds for bigger 40k stuff.

• Stray likes this

"Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains save both."

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem
I certainly hope these guys get rolled out fully with a deeper exploration of the lore behind them. Great aesthetic to them.

4ndroid

4ndroid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

awesome will purchase asap

Frostglaive

Frostglaive

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

I need it.

When life tries to knock you down, fight back and fight dirty. Aim for the throat and kick it while it's down.

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,673 posts
  • Faction: WAAAGH!!!

If nothing else this is a lovely model, though Dark Mechanicus "stand ins" will be greatly appreciated around here.  Blackstone Fortress seriously looks set to sell a PILE of kits when it lands with this much fanservice present :D

Commorites working with Craftworlders is like Autobots working with Decepticons.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
  • Faction: Ad Mech / Tyranids

So ... points wise   for 40k a unit of 4 negavoltists is  45 points  Source  : https://i.redd.it/dw...H1fpCD57HEdMMRE

The Robot / suit appears to be called  UR-025  and is 40 points , and we can even take a unit of spindle drones ... 4 for 60 points ... I sense rapidly approaching tech heresey

• frosteldar and Tiger9gamer like this

frosteldar

frosteldar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

Very interesting!  For anyone who has read the Forges of Mars series, it is proving to be a great year for being able to add rogue traders and other unique elements alongside AdMech for a thematic Explorator fleet.  The new "bad guys" now allow you to field some interesting protagonists too!  It will be interesting to see what the profiles of these models will be.  I believe the previous Rogue Trader Kill team had to be taken as a whole unit, so being able to take individual models now will be nice. 

ETL VI Banner 03 Custos Fidei 02

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 712 posts

I'm very curious what the Keyword situation will be when the Datasheets drop. Negavolts are obviously chaos, so not relevant to Admech, but will they be Heretic Astartes? They're obviously not CSM in the literal sense, but they might need that keyword to be playable. Same deal for the traitor guard and renegade psyker. (R&H would be a better fit, but GW-primary doesn't use FW keywords.)

If they intend for all 8 protagonists to be playable together in 40k, does that mean they're all Imperium? Even the Eldar and the Kroot? Will the Eldar player have Imperium and Aeldari, or will Eldar players actually not be able to use her?

And of course, what the hell faction could the spindle drones possibly be!?

Tiger9gamer

Tiger9gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,547 posts
  • Faction: 413th Lucius Expedition force

I just hope the robot dude gets the keyword rules for the mechanicus. I was disappointed when that van-Gauss guy from the rouge trader game didn't get any keywords or ways to be a part of the mechanicus, so I hope they give us a little more this time!

• Xisor likes this

"There is an art to dying, but it is a dying art."

-Corvus Corax

"War is the science of destruction."

-John Abbott

Vel'Cona

Vel'Cona

++ DUCTOR EXSANGUIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,673 posts
  • Faction: WAAAGH!!!

Anyone else feel like the smattering of "odd" models is testing the market for possible new/upcoming codex releases?

Commorites working with Craftworlders is like Autobots working with Decepticons.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpgETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_10495.pngETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gif

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

I've painted up my van-Gauss  in my standard army colours, sometimes he moonlights as an inquisitor, sometimes he sneaks into a corpiscarii sqaud .

• Xisor likes this

Xisor

Xisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 875 posts
Spindle drones are of Demiurg manufacture, surely. (Wishful thinking and you can't stop me! :D)

Golgothan Abhumans: Human Space Dwarfs
Demiurg: Xenos Space Dwarfs

Simple!
  • walter h likes this

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,765 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Golgothan Abhumans: Human Space Dwarfs

Golgothan abhumans? Too many syllables.

Let's give 'em an easier to remember, shorter name... like squats!

Corruption is our armor.
Infection is our weapon.
Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jgallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Tiger9gamer

Tiger9gamer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,547 posts
  • Faction: 413th Lucius Expedition force

so aparently the robot is a man of iron... I was wondering when they would have that guy show up. I guess no one on the ship has been around the mechanicus's robots to go "hey... is that robot having independent thoughts?"

I wonder if we're going to get more of them? no mechanicus keyword unfortunatly, but apparently it has "Robotica Imperialis" as a faction keyword

Edited by Tiger9gamer, 09 November 2018 - 01:34 AM.

• Kozz likes this

"There is an art to dying, but it is a dying art."

-Corvus Corax

"War is the science of destruction."

-John Abbott

brother_b

brother_b

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 731 posts
GW can't call them squats just like they can't use Eldar.

The new GW-ified name shall be:

SKEWATAERI

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_101149_13675_4249.jpg

Kozz

Kozz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

so aparently the robot is a man of iron... I was wondering when they would have that guy show up. I guess no one on the ship has been around the mechanicus's robots to go "hey... is that robot having independent thoughts?"

I wonder if we're going to get more of them? no mechanicus keyword unfortunatly, but apparently it has "Robotica Imperialis" as a faction keyword

I was bummed about this.... i've been praying to the Omnissiah for another HQ choice for the Ad-mech.. turns out he's Elite anywho. What can ya do ! 

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

Leak on Ur025 So  40 points / 2 power   https://2.bp.blogspo...600/E97FaMZ.jpg

Relatively slow, zero canticles or forge world traits  ( these i could leave with )   < Robotica Imperialis>   .... So even if he's pretending to be Mechanicus ... he's doing a poor job  and cant be taken unless  your playing narrative you have to pay a CP to take him in an aux ...    and for a 40 point unit ... would you ever really bother.

* sad Boop*

Edited by synthaside, 09 November 2018 - 09:28 AM.

DeStinyFiSh

DeStinyFiSh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 664 posts

Do we have rules for the Cultists yet?

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,062 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Relatively slow, zero canticles or forge world traits  ( these i could leave with )   < Robotica Imperialis>   .... So even if he's pretending to be Mechanicus ... he's doing a poor job  and cant be taken unless  your playing narrative you have to pay a CP to take him in an aux ...    and for a 40 point unit ... would you ever really bother.

* sad Boop*

Well I mean, don't you think the actual Mechanicus would see it and realize it's not actually an STC-design automata? Makes sense it wouldn't want to be on the field with them.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Death Guard: A Return to the Past

DuskRaider's Word Bearers Shadow War Kill Team & INQ28 Chaos Coven

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DanPesci

DanPesci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,904 posts

* sad Boop*

Never mind that it effectively has BS/WS4 due to its cannon being heavy and its claw being -1 to hit.

Kastelulz

Those cultists look nice though, will be interesting to see how many differnt sculpts they come in as they are much much nicer than the electropriest models

Edited by DanPesci, 09 November 2018 - 01:07 PM.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

DVNE - Crushing tales of space horror (In space no-one can hear you doom)

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
Actually worse that kaste's as he can't re roll ones or move and fire that assault cannon without the -1 has no modes and only 2 attacks... Doesn't matter though as he's Directly comparable to a breacher with arc cannon

They had a real opportunity to make a worthwhile unit for us instead new usable chaos hq and we get keywords that mean we can't even use the sub par thing.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts

Actually worse that kaste's as he can't re roll ones or move and fire that assault cannon without the -1 has no modes and only 2 attacks... Doesn't matter though as he's Directly comparable to a breacher with arc cannon

They had a real opportunity to make a worthwhile unit for us instead new usable chaos hq and we get keywords that mean we can't even use the sub par thing.

Actually, there could be applications for the good old robot, as it's a character. As objective camper (untargetable) with reasonable range, and the threat of Heroic Interventions with considerable possible damage output, there might be more to it than directly comparing it to its bigger bubbly cousins. Not competitive, but usable.

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4635.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_01_.jpg

synthaside

synthaside

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts

If it were possible to take it without breaking a detachment I'd agree ..... but not at a cost of -1 CP  while the shooting is better than an enginseer ... you can get the same combat unit support from datasmith.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users