Negavolt cultist

frosteldar

Not sure if any of you have been following the WarhammerQuest 40k -Blackstone Fortress information, but today they released an interesting tidbit related to AdMech:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/01/1st-nov-the-hunt-for-the-blackstone-fortress-4-the-hostilesgw-homepage-post-1/

I'm sure these heretical models will be interesting if introduced on a wider scale!  

BlackstonePreview-Oct31-Negavolt1jvrh.jp

If nothing else this is a lovely model, though Dark Mechanicus "stand ins" will be greatly appreciated around here.  Blackstone Fortress seriously looks set to sell a PILE of kits when it lands with this much fanservice present :D

So ... points wise   for 40k a unit of 4 negavoltists is  45 points  Source  : https://i.redd.it/dwii594g8aw11.jpg?fbclid=IwAR0RJ0r2h_yzpjOVXTMKanmISsHxB_wYVgddAuI7pT18H1fpCD57HEdMMRE

The Robot / suit appears to be called  UR-025  and is 40 points , and we can even take a unit of spindle drones ... 4 for 60 points ... I sense rapidly approaching tech heresey

Very interesting!  For anyone who has read the Forges of Mars series, it is proving to be a great year for being able to add rogue traders and other unique elements alongside AdMech for a thematic Explorator fleet.  The new "bad guys" now allow you to field some interesting protagonists too!  It will be interesting to see what the profiles of these models will be.  I believe the previous Rogue Trader Kill team had to be taken as a whole unit, so being able to take individual models now will be nice. 

I'm very curious what the Keyword situation will be when the Datasheets drop. Negavolts are obviously chaos, so not relevant to Admech, but will they be Heretic Astartes? They're obviously not CSM in the literal sense, but they might need that keyword to be playable. Same deal for the traitor guard and renegade psyker. (R&H would be a better fit, but GW-primary doesn't use FW keywords.)

If they intend for all 8 protagonists to be playable together in 40k, does that mean they're all Imperium? Even the Eldar and the Kroot? Will the Eldar player have Imperium and Aeldari, or will Eldar players actually not be able to use her?

And of course, what the hell faction could the spindle drones possibly be!?

I just hope the robot dude gets the keyword rules for the mechanicus. I was disappointed when that van-Gauss guy from the rouge trader game didn't get any keywords or ways to be a part of the mechanicus, so I hope they give us a little more this time!

so aparently the robot is a man of iron... I was wondering when they would have that guy show up. I guess no one on the ship has been around the mechanicus's robots to go "hey... is that robot having independent thoughts?"

I wonder if we're going to get more of them? no mechanicus keyword unfortunatly, but apparently it has "Robotica Imperialis" as a faction keyword

so aparently the robot is a man of iron... I was wondering when they would have that guy show up. I guess no one on the ship has been around the mechanicus's robots to go "hey... is that robot having independent thoughts?"

I wonder if we're going to get more of them? no mechanicus keyword unfortunatly, but apparently it has "Robotica Imperialis" as a faction keyword

I was bummed about this.... i've been praying to the Omnissiah for another HQ choice for the Ad-mech.. turns out he's Elite anywho. What can ya do ! 

Leak on Ur025 So  40 points / 2 power   https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cJhL0-WtOfU/W-SXjh0IR3I/AAAAAAABhnE/SO2F4MTLxyATm6D62QszMr7mGN6oKY6zwCLcBGAs/s1600/E97FaMZ.jpg

Relatively slow, zero canticles or forge world traits  ( these i could leave with )   < Robotica Imperialis>   .... So even if he's pretending to be Mechanicus ... he's doing a poor job  and cant be taken unless  your playing narrative you have to pay a CP to take him in an aux ...    and for a 40 point unit ... would you ever really bother.

* sad Boop*

Leak on Ur025 So  40 points / 2 power   https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cJhL0-WtOfU/W-SXjh0IR3I/AAAAAAABhnE/SO2F4MTLxyATm6D62QszMr7mGN6oKY6zwCLcBGAs/s1600/E97FaMZ.jpg

Relatively slow, zero canticles or forge world traits  ( these i could leave with )   < Robotica Imperialis>   .... So even if he's pretending to be Mechanicus ... he's doing a poor job  and cant be taken unless  your playing narrative you have to pay a CP to take him in an aux ...    and for a 40 point unit ... would you ever really bother.

* sad Boop*

Well I mean, don't you think the actual Mechanicus would see it and realize it's not actually an STC-design automata? Makes sense it wouldn't want to be on the field with them.

* sad Boop*

Never mind that it effectively has BS/WS4 due to its cannon being heavy and its claw being -1 to hit.

Kastelulz

Those cultists look nice though, will be interesting to see how many differnt sculpts they come in as they are much much nicer than the electropriest models

Actually worse that kaste's as he can't re roll ones or move and fire that assault cannon without the -1 has no modes and only 2 attacks... Doesn't matter though as he's Directly comparable to a breacher with arc cannon

They had a real opportunity to make a worthwhile unit for us instead new usable chaos hq and we get keywords that mean we can't even use the sub par thing.

Actually worse that kaste's as he can't re roll ones or move and fire that assault cannon without the -1 has no modes and only 2 attacks... Doesn't matter though as he's Directly comparable to a breacher with arc cannon

They had a real opportunity to make a worthwhile unit for us instead new usable chaos hq and we get keywords that mean we can't even use the sub par thing.

Actually, there could be applications for the good old robot, as it's a character. As objective camper (untargetable) with reasonable range, and the threat of Heroic Interventions with considerable possible damage output, there might be more to it than directly comparing it to its bigger bubbly cousins. Not competitive, but usable.

Archived