Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hold on to your hats!

Blackstone Fortress Renegades & Heretics

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,505 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

Hey guys, you have probably already seen the news but apparantely there will be renegade guardsmen in the blackstone fortress box.

blackstone-evil-2.jpg

• Grotsmasha, Lord Thørn, Shinespider and 1 other like this

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,612 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Over the moon. A sign of great things to come (I hope).

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
  • Faction: Cult of Nine Tailed Moon

If you count the video and the new model, not only traitor guard, but also Dark Mechanicus ahead. I am excited what is coming.

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 109 posts
The Fortress will be ours, brothers and sisters, rest assured these decadent bureaucrats, Xenos scum, and Machine God zealots will not deny the Gods their prize.
  • Nemerax likes this

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
And it looks like another kind of beastmen as well! I’m so hyped! Chaos reigns!

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 546 posts

As much as I want to get a good feeling, I don't think this is a precursor to bigger and better in regards to a dark mech or traitor guard. I'd be more inclined to think that it would lead to a basic revamp of the CSM trooper than anything else. But who knows, maybe they will.

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

Just saying, a lot of things featured Citadel Board Games became fully fledged in codizes.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,505 posts

There are both cc guardsmen and ranged guardsmen so they'll function as CSM cultists in any case.

• GreenScorpion and Nemerax like this

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.png

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,505 posts

BlackstonePreOrderPreview-Nov4-TraitorGu

Just putting this here... wub.gif

• Akrim, Kevlarshark, Azekai and 3 others like this

GreenScorpion

GreenScorpion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts

Luckily I get Christmas subsidy this month as these and some of the other models shown would be a nice addition to my renegade forces.

Obviously hoping for this to be the door to greater things on the renegades side.

Edited by GreenScorpion, 04 November 2018 - 07:12 PM.

8.jpg

Kevlarshark

Kevlarshark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 543 posts
All we need is a regimental doctrine, and the "chaos" keyword replacing "imperium"...
  • Juggernut likes this

"I saw your Emperor. A handful of times, back in the age before he betrayed us all...
And he was no god. Perhaps not a man, but never a god."

gallery_17264_1670_28658.jpg gallery_17264_1670_711.gifgallery_17264_1670_3292.gif

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,766 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

What a time to be alive.

• Akrim likes this

Corruption is our armor.
Infection is our weapon.
Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jgallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

killersquid

killersquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Looks like it'll be an easy-to-build spruce of 7 models x2 in the box. They look phenominal! Way better than the existing cultists.

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

Looks like it'll be an easy-to-build spruce of 7 models x2 in the box. They look phenominal! Way better than the existing cultists.

Exactly my thought. They even look very close to the poses of the cultists you can buy right now. Three with long range guns, two with close combat weapons. Not fitting in is the chainsword (Which looks like a leader) and the flamer. What I am confused about is that there are 7 different ones. Strange number for a squad.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,505 posts

I need to see the sprues, then we'll find out how easy they are to kitbash with the rest of the range. Sure they're push-fit, but there are easier and harder models to cut apart...

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 842 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

There are both cc guardsmen and ranged guardsmen so they'll function as CSM cultists in any case.

Cultists can't take lasguns.

I know, I know, autoguns use literally the same stats as lasguns, but in an age of WYSIWYGGWorkshop they'd be conscious of that little fact. 

The small inclusion of Beastmen is also really interesting when they could've just slapped a couple more poses for the Traitor Guardsmen in there. I think it's too much of a coincidence we had the Gellarpox Mutants only a couple of months ago too.

Azekai

Azekai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,766 posts
  • Faction: Warp Locusts, Traitor Guard

Exactly my thought. They even look very close to the poses of the cultists you can buy right now. Three with long range guns, two with close combat weapons. Not fitting in is the chainsword (Which looks like a leader) and the flamer. What I am confused about is that there are 7 different ones. Strange number for a squad.

I think you mean *perfect* number for a squad. sick.gif

• Excessus likes this

Corruption is our armor.
Infection is our weapon.
Immortality is our reward.

gallery_48988_13169_3872.pngETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_LATD.jgallery_63428_7083_8312.png3DrnTQ5.png

Akrim

Akrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts

Oh yeah 10/10 will buy several of these. Im assuming they will be 40K integrated somehow.

Like the trench fighter type wargear and the gritty looking lasguns.

An actual Codex Renegades would just make my decade.

Squigsquasher

Squigsquasher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

A pity they're snap-fit/repeated sculpts at the moment (to be expected from a boxset though) but holy moly those look cool!

ztbmByp.png

Tea for the Tea God! Cake for the Cake Throne!

The Legion of Vice- Emperor's Children and Friends!

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
I am beyond hyped! The game looks like something I could actually convince my friends/partner to play, and it bodes so well for the future. I’ve got tons of necromunda bits and gsc dudes waiting to be spliced unto cultists so getting some more variety should be a snap even with push fit.

Nemerax

Nemerax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts

So for anybody interested in the units Profiles: 

I am gonna write them down tomorrow, it has gotten late here (23:46) and just got home from a tournament.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,309 posts
I really hope this leads to a proper R&H codex (or something like a Chaos-but-not-demons/marines codex that has a variety of chaos critters in it. I've been playing with Thousand Sons and loving it, and feel more and more tempted to jump into a full chaos soup, and this would definitely do it for me!
  • Akrim likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blackstone Fortress, Renegades & Heretics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users