Excessus

As much as I want to get a good feeling, I don't think this is a precursor to bigger and better in regards to a dark mech or traitor guard. I'd be more inclined to think that it would lead to a basic revamp of the CSM trooper than anything else. But who knows, maybe they will.

Looks like it'll be an easy-to-build spruce of 7 models x2 in the box. They look phenominal! Way better than the existing cultists.

Exactly my thought. They even look very close to the poses of the cultists you can buy right now. Three with long range guns, two with close combat weapons. Not fitting in is the chainsword (Which looks like a leader) and the flamer. What I am confused about is that there are 7 different ones. Strange number for a squad.

I need to see the sprues, then we'll find out how easy they are to kitbash with the rest of the range. Sure they're push-fit, but there are easier and harder models to cut apart...

There are both cc guardsmen and ranged guardsmen so they'll function as CSM cultists in any case.

Cultists can't take lasguns.

I know, I know, autoguns use literally the same stats as lasguns, but in an age of WYSIWYGGWorkshop they'd be conscious of that little fact. 

The small inclusion of Beastmen is also really interesting when they could've just slapped a couple more poses for the Traitor Guardsmen in there. I think it's too much of a coincidence we had the Gellarpox Mutants only a couple of months ago too.

Looks like it'll be an easy-to-build spruce of 7 models x2 in the box. They look phenominal! Way better than the existing cultists.

Exactly my thought. They even look very close to the poses of the cultists you can buy right now. Three with long range guns, two with close combat weapons. Not fitting in is the chainsword (Which looks like a leader) and the flamer. What I am confused about is that there are 7 different ones. Strange number for a squad.

I think you mean *perfect* number for a squad. :sick:

Oh yeah 10/10 will buy several of these. Im assuming they will be 40K integrated somehow.

Like the trench fighter type wargear and the gritty looking lasguns.

An actual Codex Renegades would just make my decade.

I am beyond hyped! The game looks like something I could actually convince my friends/partner to play, and it bodes so well for the future. I’ve got tons of necromunda bits and gsc dudes waiting to be spliced unto cultists so getting some more variety should be a snap even with push fit.

I really hope this leads to a proper R&H codex (or something like a Chaos-but-not-demons/marines codex that has a variety of chaos critters in it. I've been playing with Thousand Sons and loving it, and feel more and more tempted to jump into a full chaos soup, and this would definitely do it for me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived