After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

I love them. Bummer it's the same model twice but I guess it stops people from selling them for way too much in bulk on ebay until GW releases a proper Chaos Marine box.

Not overly fussed about the duplication, it's more what it means for the future of our range that interests me. I'm salivating over Terminators, Possessed, etc. But I do agree given how few CSM are in the box, it would have been nice to get some more variety

Screen grab from the Vid:

Proportional? Check.

Baroque armour? Check.

Battle damage and signs of Chaos corruption? Check.

Lack of leather-gloves/over-the-top mutations? Check.

Love it.

aulswuM.jpg

-Ran

Looks good but how do we know GW won’t just pull a Dark Vengeance and keep the new CSM models only for the set and not update any of the older CSM plastic sets remember how much excitement there was for dark vengeance when those Chosen were released and everyone was hoping for the old CSM, possessed or Terminator set to be done in the new style but ended up never happening

Looks good but how do we know GW won’t just pull a Dark Vengeance and keep the new CSM models only for the set and not update any of the older CSM plastic sets remember how much excitement there was for dark vengeance when those Chosen were released and everyone was hoping for the old CSM, possessed or Terminator set to be done in the new style but ended up never happening

A couple of months ago, when it was first revealed to us that there would be 3 CSM models in the set, GW said a multi-part box would follow. So a new Vanilla CSM box is happening, but new Possessed, Terminators (etc) is just my hopefulness. Fingers crossed either way, if they redo the CSM range I will drop thousands into new armies

Today's news brings to us all the ultimate mortal antagonist of Chaos Space Marines: hope. Joking aside though, I'm quite happy. These basic troops represent what will be a solid 10-man kit when the day arrives. The aesthetic of DV, but toned down appropriately from Chosen levels, and finally matching the rest of our updated line. But it's more than that... new Cultist models, too. Lasguns, and pistol/ccw varients. Could... could it be that we'll finally have a proper Cultist kit too?! And what of the odd maybe-psyker mortal that's got the bulbous head and is floating? Such potential there. And let's not forget... Beastmen. Non-Tzaangor Beastmen have appeared. So much potential for CSM units... so much Hope...

A couple of months ago, when it was first revealed to us that there would be 3 CSM models in the set, GW said a multi-part box would follow. So a new Vanilla CSM box is happening, but new Possessed, Terminators (etc) is just my hopefulness. Fingers crossed either way, if they redo the CSM range I will drop thousands into new armies

Damn that’s is good, I must of missed that

Possessed are goofy, but still relatively new. Terminator kit even by todays standards is decent if simple. 

I do so hope we get chosen and other stuff to go along with it. though my wallet most assuredly will not be happy. 

Also I would kill for new obliterators or havocs. 

Very excited for these, hopefully it won't be an awfully long wait for the follow-up kits to arrive.

Slightly related, by their heretical nature, but it seemed to me that the new Dark Mech fellows didn't appear in the teaser video?

Appears they’re only painted different, though. Same details.

I wonder if these are 2/10 of the true kit. Usually there are a few types of each body part, so other than the head perhaps the same bit of sprue?

For all we know the parts to build chainsword+pistol bros are there, too.

A hammer? Could chaos finally receive some damage3 weapons for their heroes?

My first thought was Thunder Hammer equivalent, but it could just be a power maul. Or a Blackstone Fortress exclusive weapon.

These guys are just perfect imho. Simmilar vibe to the Chosen but not ott, would look good alongside the newer style minis and the older stuff. Ill deffo be adding a lot of new dudes to my Word Bearers.

As for Beastmen, I have been waiting since 2nd ed to be able to run legit units again without proxying them as other units like Cultists. Perfect timing too as Ill be starting a 1st ed Path to Glory campaign next year and I have rolled up a few Beastmen, this will save me a lot of effort converting AoS minis.

The Renegade Guard are just the icing on the cake, now I can run lists like I did back in Realms of Chaos days and and 2nd ed. GW just got me right in the nostalgic feels. Marines, Daemons, Humans and Beastmen together should make for some unique and visually stunning forces on the tabletop.

I'm SO happy. The proportions are awesome! They look like they're gonna be quite big, somewhere between a marine in mk3 armor and the new plague marines I reckon. I've got a few kitbashed grunts already, but I'm confident that they won't look out of place among their new brethren.

Also, the fact that they're nearly identical can easily be circumvented. A new backpack here, a different pauldron there, maybe a plasma gun and a helmet from FW...

Just realised - are they the same model but with different heads???

The right pad is also different. I'm just hoping they're easier to weapon swap than their DV Chosen equivalents.

Dragonlover

That's what I thought at first too but they are really just painted differently unfortunately.

Archived