After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

I’m hoping the oblits, at least, get updated rules. If they do it is much more likely I’ll buy a box (and split it with a loyalist friend) - if not, I’ll try to snag the Master from someone else, and maybe the crawler if I like the rules. I’m a big fan of daemon engines, but I don’t run actual daemons, so if its primary role is cross-faction synergy that will be more of a miss for me. If it buffs daemon-tag units (like engines, talons, and possessed) rather than daemon-faction, well, that’s more interesting!

The new csm sculpts are pretty, but I am not unhappy with the 30+ old style csm I have all done and painted, so that isn’t a significant reason for me to invest.

Interesting that they seem to have removed his trophy racks. Edit: there might be one central one left, actually. But most of them are gone.

he must have loaned them to Haarken. Now we know why he's really coming to Vigilus.

I hope that they update the loadout options for CSM in kill team after the release of the new CSM sprues. I bet/hope there are some proper combi weapons on there.

Knowing GW, probably just one.  And one of each special weapon, and probably a heavy bolter or something.

I hope that they update the loadout options for CSM in kill team after the release of the new CSM sprues. I bet/hope there are some proper combi weapons on there.

Knowing GW, probably just one. And one of each special weapon, and probably a heavy bolter or something.

Well.. still better then in the old sprues is suppose. :D

Heck, most things are better than the old sprues... :biggrin.:

Yeah but.... Having a kit that straight-up gives you 10 Chainswords is really, really nice. Especially for those of us who like close-combat.

My biggest hope for the new Chaos Marines kit is that it's like the old one: Options for either all melee, or all shooting. There's precedent with the Plague Marines kit doing that, and from what I've heard from a lot of people, the reason why they love the Chaos Marine kit is because of that option.

Really though, it doesn't matter to me, since all those regular Chaos Marines are getting painted up Word Bearers style. Oh yes. Super Bro Legions are going to be at it for me :lol:

Would be nice if the new Chaos sprue would include all the special and heavy weapon option but I lost faith in GW there unfortunately. One more reason why I prefer units without tons of different weapon options these days.

Well, personally I got like 20-30 spare chainswords from old CSM boxes... :biggrin.:

Some of us younger players (for example, myself) don't have that massive of a bitz box ;)

Would be nice if the new Chaos sprue would include all the special and heavy weapon option but I lost faith in GW there unfortunately. One more reason why I prefer units without tons of different weapon options these days.

Well.... The Plague Marine sprue comes with all the special and heavy weapons they can have. Realistically though, I could see them not putting all them in the Chaos Marines box. I mean, if they did that, how else could they sell the Havocs kit? ;)

I'm probably doing mine as Alpha Legion, both because they're the best ones for CSM and I'm planning on making them with a bunch of different chapters and kitbashing with loyalist marines, but all with the same metallic blue right arm to show their allegiance. Sergeants will be full blue instead to mark them out.

I’m hoping the oblits, at least, get updated rules. If they do it is much more likely I’ll buy a box (and split it with a loyalist friend) - if not, I’ll try to snag the Master from someone else, and maybe the crawler if I like the rules. I’m a big fan of daemon engines, but I don’t run actual daemons, so if its primary role is cross-faction synergy that will be more of a miss for me. If it buffs daemon-tag units (like engines, talons, and possessed) rather than daemon-faction, well, that’s more interesting!

The new csm sculpts are pretty, but I am not unhappy with the 30+ old style csm I have all done and painted, so that isn’t a significant reason for me to invest.

If any chaos unit doesn't need updated rules its obliterators.

That would just drive up the price and give you tons of wasted parts.

Plague marines don't have a choice of heavy weapons, that's how they get away with having them all while troops choice marine boxes have never had decent heavy weapon options. Best era was when you could buy whatever heavy weapon you wanted in a blisterpack, pity those heavy weapons were terrible sculpts that never actually attached properly.

I think we can safely assume the price will be rather high regardless of how many parts are inside. I do miss the ability of being able to buy individual models like that, though.

Gone are the days of mail-order bits via telephone...

I'm stuck on legion choice too! I want the new Abaddon, but I'm not sure I want a second black Marine army next to my Deathwatch...

I'm doing test schemes now. I will paint them as a custom warband but with black shoulders with the BL logo and say they are separate but subservient to Abbadon. Best of both worlds.

Ok so..... I have decided on what to do with the Shadow whatever box.  Im going to be keeping both imperium and chaos.

There will be alot of metallic painting in my future.

For the primaris side of things they will be AL using AL or RG rules.

For the chaos side of things some will be used for Zerkers but majority of it will be used as WB allies for my World Eaters. I can finally work on my shadow crusade.

Archived