After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

Hmm, wait...weren't the khorne-dogs updated ruleswise in their box?

Could units be updated a bit in this box?

They absolutely could, though I wouldn't get my hopes up - the only change for Flesh Hounds was the addition of an 8pt flamer upgrade per 5 models. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new datasheet in Vigilus II, though.

I have to admit I am extremely curious of which Chaos armies can use these models?

I’ve been going through a lot of my old Crimson Slaughter models and even Huron and the Red Corsairs and I honestly cant see redoing it all.

Even if some of it somehow leaked into Thosand Sons ( doubtful) I would love it. But as much as Abaddon will be super cool I like the look and feel of my ancient Crimson Slaughter ( I’m still bothered how GW wrote them off).

But aside from the character, I really can’t see why all the CSM chapter/Legions couldn’t use them.

I will say that I bought a lot of the previous Vigilus box sets and they had data sheets for everything.

I think they said there will be datasheets in the box. That could just be for the Venomcrawler and Master of Possession but no reason to rule out the others yet.

All boxes contain datasheets. Nothing new or exciting about that. ^^

I have to admit I am extremely curious of which Chaos armies can use these models?

I’ve been going through a lot of my old Crimson Slaughter models and even Huron and the Red Corsairs and I honestly cant see redoing it all.

Even if some of it somehow leaked into Thosand Sons ( doubtful) I would love it. But as much as Abaddon will be super cool I like the look and feel of my ancient Crimson Slaughter ( I’m still bothered how GW wrote them off).

But aside from the character, I really can’t see why all the CSM chapter/Legions couldn’t use them.

I will say that I bought a lot of the previous Vigilus box sets and they had data sheets for everything.

I doubt we'll see the Venomcrawler or the Master of Possessions for DG or TS. My guess is that these units are supposed to give the "vanilla" CSMs more flavor compared to the unique playstyles of the other two armies; kinda how Ultramarines, Salamanders, etc. have access to units like centurions when the Dark Angels or Space Wolves don't.

I could be wrong, but it seems plausible to me.

I actually think the Venomcrawler is the most likely thing to make it over to Thousand Sons since we have the other Daemon Engines. All the rest seems like it'll be just for codex chaos storage marines.

I am hoping that the Black Legion has a rule that anything chaos astartes can change it's legion to black legion. Being able to take sehkmet terminators, or blight drones can be used by black legion since they have components of every legion in them.

I actually think the Venomcrawler is the most likely thing to make it over to Thousand Sons since we have the other Daemon Engines. All the rest seems like it'll be just for codex chaos storage marines.

Perhaps. That does make sense. But I'm probably hoping to see all of this box set (chaos wise) to be available to any chapter/legion.

Perhaps. That does make sense. But I'm probably hoping to see all of this box set (chaos wise) to be available to any chapter/legion.

It'd be nice. TS could really use some more options!

Exactly. As much as I like be the TS army, it is too narrow for as much as I like to play and experiment. I was thinking of how this s would be difficult with Death Guard though. And to be fair they have a lot of unique units whereas TS can still use a lot of generic choices that DG cannot.

I was pondering this from the other side of the box.... to date most, if not all(?) of the Primaris releases are usable by all of marine codexes... I think.

Exactly. As much as I like be the TS army, it is too narrow for as much as I like to play and experiment. I was thinking of how this s would be difficult with Death Guard though. And to be fair they have a lot of unique units whereas TS can still use a lot of generic choices that DG cannot.

I was pondering this from the other side of the box.... to date most, if not all(?) of the Primaris releases are usable by all of marine codexes... I think.

For all but GK, yes.

the old kit came with a Heavy bolter, plasma, melta & flamer if we get more options than that ill be Very excited

there is a melta in the Video about that so all thats confirming atm that the new kit will probably mirror the old in terms of weapons content

wish listing i just wanna see more separation between chaos and Loyalists. Loyal its get bran new bolters Plasma etc Chaos should get more Demon/warp forged monstrosities

Or maybe we're finally getting a decent Havoc kit? The Dev kit heavy bolter has a curving ammo feed that runs to a backpack and this one appears to do so as well; the current CSM kit heavy bolter just has ammo links dangling, probably to avoid the need for a new backpack sculpt.

I dunno. Either way, it looks pretty epic.

Nobody has said its replacing Dark Imperium, but I have seen no claims that it isnt either. I (being not a big fan of GW atm and thinks they have motives for everything)  think thats why 40k conquest has so many recent kits given away on the cover, need to make space for all the new stuff for the new starter. 

I don't think it's a havoc kit. Most likely it's just a model from the CSM sprues.

Yeah i doubt there is gonna be a havok kit in that box, however it would be Glorious

Whoever said this model was from the Shadowspear box? O.o

So you mean they're gonna release a box of semi-monopose models AND more chaos boxes? I'm not sure I would dare to hope for that...

I think they're going to use the Abaddon release to do something larger than just what'll be in the box sets and it seems justified, really. Just looking at what's absolutely confirmed and they've been putting daily teasers and we have old teasers that are likely Chaos (there's at least a new Sorcerer of some sort) and they're still not done, saying there's more tomorrow. With so many of the things depicted in the art actually becoming real (right down to single Chaos marines that are almost smudges in the distance) people are noticing several other hints at models in the art that appear to be new. Chaos has been going through a rolling update for years (no other way really, due to the size of the line) and it was only a matter of time before they reached the core kits. If they don't, at the very least, kick it off with Abaddons arrival on the scene, then when? I don't expect a full revamp all at once, but my money is on it being much larger than just what's the Shadowspear box. I think it's safe to say they've already teased more than what we'll see in a single box.

Archived