After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

Rumour is that chaos is going to have a big release. So I would expect more than just shadowspear box.

I personally want to see the power weapons with the chaos lads. Fingers crossed for a fancy sword.

I've been told Abaddon is 9th March, most likely the pre order date as that is the current way on GW dates now, and this was from the same person that told me Abaddon was coming in March way back in August. I first dropped a hint on 21st August - I think, I'd have to check my posts to be sure, - on here then went dark as I thought it was too far out to be posting and might give away my source.

Some people seem to think that the battle box might be previewed Sunday this week, I've no details on this, but it does leave a release schedule gap if GW are doing a big push over 3 or 4 weeks for Black Legion and new Primaris so I'm hoping for more than just a starter box. Nothing stopping GW dropping AoS in between those dates and they do like to mix it up a bit but this feels like a 40k big release.

It will be interesting once the WD is revealed to see what it shows as a release running from next week until at least 9th March is right across it's window. Especially as February is a shorter month it won't be too long until it starts arriving.

• 3 weeks later...

New abby preview is up today, I'm personally quite happy with it. Even has some options (cape or no cape, & three heads: angry, bored, & rebreather, though I would have traded either the bored or the rebreather head option be traded for a full helmet).

Same preview confirms chaos is getting more new stuff outside of the shadowspear box, including a previewed infantry marine with a brand new type of chaos heavy weapon. Looks similar to an assault cannon. No indication of whether it's an option for havocs, chosen, basic marines, some entirely new power armored chaos infantry unit, or some combination of the above. Looks good, anyway.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/05/5th-mar-abaddon-revealedgw-homepage-post-1/

New abby preview is up today, I'm personally quite happy with it. Even has some options (cape or no cape, & three heads: angry, bored, & rebreather, though I would have traded either the bored or the rebreather head option be traded for a full helmet).

Same preview confirms chaos is getting more new stuff outside of the shadowspear box, including a previewed infantry marine with a brand new type of chaos heavy weapon. Looks similar to an assault cannon. No indication of whether it's an option for havocs, chosen, basic marines, some entirely new power armored chaos infantry unit, or some combination of the above. Looks good, anyway.https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/05/5th-mar-abaddon-revealedgw-homepage-post-1/

It explicitly says it's a Havoc.

So excited about this release.  I really hope it heralds a new codex as well to update a lot of the datasheets that need it.

I'm already planning to get two Chaos halves of the box.

I would much rather have a full World Eaters codex than another Vanilla Chaos/Black legion codex.

I don't play the Emperor's "Real Sweet Kids" with the tentacle, soulstone and cocaine fetishes, I play the "I WILL MEET MY ENEMIES FACE-TO-FACE AND BREAK THEM WITH MY BARE HANDS!" Marines. Frank Castle Marines. Wolverine Marines.

I would much rather have a full World Eaters codex than another Vanilla Chaos/Black legion codex.

I don't play the Emperor's "Real Sweet Kids" with the tentacle, soulstone and cocaine fetishes, I play the "I WILL MEET MY ENEMIES FACE-TO-FACE AND BREAK THEM WITH MY BARE HANDS!" Marines. Frank Castle Marines. Wolverine Marines.

Have you ever witnessed one of those real sweet kids on crushed soulstone cocaine? Now THAT's a wolverine Marine! :D

I feel your pain!

But our time will come... until then, i guess when you cut away the sword, exchange it with a Frank-Castle-uhm...Axe (really I need to come up with a better mental picture for this), replace the Claw with an Bolter-Melter, cut away that (still ridiculous) hairdo - don't you think Failbaddon would make a nice Lord for the sons of the true Red Angel? Someone who brakes the enemies face with his own face?

I am surprised the did Undivided before the other cults, but pretty :cuss stoked!

Fear not worshipers of the Blood God and followers of the Dark Prince, your time will come and if it is anything like the recent releases you will be in for an awesome time

Fear not worshipers of the Blood God and followers of the Dark Prince, your time will come and if it is anything like the recent releases you will be in for an awesome time

This! When the DG were released GW said in a WD article that "this was the future template for Chaos releases" (paraphrased). The future is looking good for Chaos worshipers of all shapes and sizes

This has thrown my plans up in the air! I was originally planning on creating a chaos force that still wore the sons of horus colours called the reborn sons, worshipping horus as a god and seeing his rebirth (even as a clone a miracle). Hating abaddon and the black legion for taking their god father away from them a second time and swearing vengeance and vendetta apon them.

However with this absolutely stunning model now revealed I might just need to start a straight up Black legion force.

Now I've got the very real struggle of chosing whether to stick with word bearers or to go over to the Black legion. The GW paint scheme is making it mighty difficult to stay with word bearers. Genuine hats off to 'eavy metal, with a very minimalistic scheme they've knocked it out the park

Now I've got the very real struggle of chosing whether to stick with word bearers or to go over to the Black legion. The GW paint scheme is making it mighty difficult to stay with word bearers. Genuine hats off to 'eavy metal, with a very minimalistic scheme they've knocked it out the park

Keep it simple, Brother, just do both.

Celtic_Cauldron

Keep it simple, Brother, just do both.

Celtic_Cauldron

I will definitely consider it to be honest, generally I like to have one colour scheme/ theme for the entire army. I'm sure when the rest of the models get shown I'll easily be swayed to the cause... :whistling:

On another note, is it just me or does it look like the marines in front of Abaddon have different coloured arms? One looks to have white shoulder pads, one has gold arms and shoulder pads.

Also I think it's fair to assume that terminators are getting updated too? The layered upper leg plates don't like they usually do, and the general look is very similar to the new marines. Maybe I'm looking too  much into it

Archived