After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

That was my curiosity about the sheet-is he valid in 40k as-is, and does he have to be a lord?

I play mainly for fun these days, I just threw together a unit of mutilators intended as drop buddies for Zhufor, but they can LR with a PA model, and an exalted champ with a t. Hammer is a good fit

That was my curiosity about the sheet-is he valid in 40k as-is, and does he have to be a lord?

I play mainly for fun these days, I just threw together a unit of mutilators intended as drop buddies for Zhufor, but they can LR with a PA model, and an exalted champ with a t. Hammer is a good fit

Okay once again. He is a genuine Lord of Chaos without a mark of chaos and a fix Black Legion faction keyword. Only difference to other Lords is that he is wielding a Thunderhammer.

Some thoughts:

The aesthetic is spot on. I'm immensely happy that they kept most of the design elements from the DV chosen, my personal favorite iteration of chaos marines. Leaving the mutations off might be neseccary for making the rumored multipart kit, it's a welcome change anyways. I hope they keep the sinister looking helms and horns if the chosen though.

The tubes running down the lords chest looks a bit weird, the horns on the marine seem a but wimpy too. No problem though, that's where the bunny ears go:)

Renegade IG is a huge deal, as are beastmen!

So I am not quite sure how to link a picture from my PC on here, but I saw a pic on facebook which is a built new Chaos Marine next to Dark Vengeance Chosen. 

Its a home run folks. They are the same height as the Chosen (minus horns) and about as bulky.  Fantastic look and I *CANNOT* wait to see the 10 man box get released. My wallet mourns its fate after the holidays and then the chaos release sometime in early 2019 (speculating). 

Going to be using alot of Chaos Marines in 2019................

So I am not quite sure how to link a picture from my PC on here, but I saw a pic on facebook which is a built new Chaos Marine next to Dark Vengeance Chosen. 

Its a home run folks. They are the same height as the Chosen (minus horns) and about as bulky.  Fantastic look and I *CANNOT* wait to see the 10 man box get released. My wallet mourns its fate after the holidays and then the chaos release sometime in early 2019 (speculating). 

Going to be using alot of Chaos Marines in 2019................

From the Blackstone Fortress thread in N&R:

tumblr_phw705BQUe1r4uqv4_540.jpg

jGWLL62.png

UYht311.png

Side note: Holy crap the Rogue Traders are TALL :lol:

I traditionally feel like a bit of a sucker when I jump all over these box sets. To be 100% honest the only value I see in the box is the head on the "Abbadon" like featured CSM. If it's not part of some complicated press fit, I want the head for a basic Abaddon conversion to replace the one I lost.

The deal killer is my suspicion that the 3 man squad is going to be part of a super basic press fit box like the Deathguard or Reiver sets. Also the fact that two of them are nearly identical is really disappointing in such a box set.

I have 20 or so of the chosen models from my old horde of stuff from that era, and I always thought they looked fantastic so the fact these fit in with them is very nice.

I think I'll just be waiting on the real deal. Hopefully it won't be long.

I traditionally feel like a bit of a sucker when I jump all over these box sets. To be 100% honest the only value I see in the box is the head on the "Abbadon" like featured CSM. If it's not part of some complicated press fit, I want the head for a basic Abaddon conversion to replace the one I lost.

The deal killer is my suspicion that the 3 man squad is going to be part of a super basic press fit box like the Deathguard or Reiver sets. Also the fact that two of them are nearly identical is really disappointing in such a box set.

I have 20 or so of the chosen models from my old horde of stuff from that era, and I always thought they looked fantastic so the fact these fit in with them is very nice.

I think I'll just be waiting on the real deal. Hopefully it won't be long.

I'll have a new Lord, new Aspiring Champions for some other CSM squads, more Cultitsts, new Malefic Lords, some crazy Dark Mech guys, and some Beastmen.  

I am super happy with where Chaos is going design wise.  To me, the only thing thats a little questionable is the amount of hoses on the Lord mini... but, I need to see it in real life before making other judgments on it.  That's it. That is literally the only thing that make go "hmmm" out of all those minis.  I'm splitting the box with a buddy and can't wait for next week.

Y'all need to hold your horses.

Where's your bitterness? We're more jaded than this! 2 push-fit mono-pose CSMs and a Special Character that can't be used outside his own Detachment thingy isn't anything to be too happy about. Same with the Cultists - there's 10 push-fit mono-pose Cultists and 5 Beastmen of the same ilk. Remember those DV Cultists? Got tiresome very quickly, didn't it? Are you going to build squads of CSMs with 2 single monopose models? Thought so. 

I doubt this is the start of a fluff-fledged CSM rework. As mentioned, we got Chosen with the same aesthetic in DV, whom haven't even been released separately from DV. 

The Loyalists get most things wrong, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 

Where's your bitterness? We're more jaded than this! 2 push-fit mono-pose CSMs and a Special Character that can't be used outside his own Detachment thingy isn't anything to be too happy about. Same with the Cultists - there's 10 push-fit mono-pose Cultists and 5 Beastmen of the same ilk. Remember those DV Cultists? Got tiresome very quickly, didn't it? Are you going to build squads of CSMs with 2 single monopose models? Thought so. 

I doubt this is the start of a fluff-fledged CSM rework. As mentioned, we got Chosen with the same aesthetic in DV, whom haven't even been released separately from DV. 

The Loyalists get most things wrong, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 

The Lord can be used in any Black Legion detachment just fine. Also the two push-fit mono-pose CSM aren't what we are excited about. We are excited about seeing how GW is envisioning regular CSM to look like and the possibility of getting a full multi-pose box of such Marines soon-ish. Same goes for the other units.

The Dark Vengeance box was under Kirby and before GW started to release new legion specific model ranges etc.

It feels like you're desperately trying to be negative about it lol

The Lord can be used in any Black Legion detachment just fine. Also the two push-fit mono-pose CSM aren't what we are excited about. We are excited about seeing how GW is envisioning regular CSM to look like and the possibility of getting a full multi-pose box of such Marines soon-ish. Same goes for the other units.

The Dark Vengeance box was under Kirby and before GW started to release new legion specific model ranges etc.

I was not aware the Black Legion had access Thunder Hammers, my bad if that is the case. 

This aesthetic has been in place since DV and is nothing new. I don't get why a push-fit, mono-pose set like this, similar to DV's Chosen, leads you to think we'll get new CSMs. We didn't get a multi-pose Chosen set then. 

Don't get me wrong, I really hope we'll get some awesome multi-pose models, with new plastic Oblits, Muties, Noise Marines, Lucius, Abaddon, Fabius, Havocs, Chosen, redone CSM and Khorne Berzerker kits, and while I'm at it, a new Renegade Guard Codex with all-new plastic Renegade Guard with all the other goodies etc. However, I'm just wishlisting with no basis in reality. I am much more excited for the Daemon release - with new god-respective models, there's been a Greater Daemon release, and with new Fiends, there's a strong possibility of a new Keeper. 

I think everyone should calm their tits and look at what we actually have in front of us, which is a few cool new, push-fit, mono-pose models. There's no major change here, and I definitely don't see anything suggesting a massive CSM release. 

It feels like you're desperately trying to be positive about it lol ;)

Also, the seminar for BSF QnA said we were getting a box, the rumor engine of the sorcerors power pack, and the newest rumor engine of a chaos something. Goodies are coming.

@Chaz: This would be why we believe new boxed kits are coming.

Short of, what, keeping us all from being disappointed(?) I’m not really sure why it matters if other people are excited about something. Is this attitude for everyone else’s sake?

I was not aware the Black Legion had access Thunder Hammers, my bad if that is the case. 

This aesthetic has been in place since DV and is nothing new. I don't get why a push-fit, mono-pose set like this, similar to DV's Chosen, leads you to think we'll get new CSMs. We didn't get a multi-pose Chosen set then. 

Don't get me wrong, I really hope we'll get some awesome multi-pose models, with new plastic Oblits, Muties, Noise Marines, Lucius, Abaddon, Fabius, Havocs, Chosen, redone CSM and Khorne Berzerker kits, and while I'm at it, a new Renegade Guard Codex with all-new plastic Renegade Guard with all the other goodies etc. However, I'm just wishlisting with no basis in reality. I am much more excited for the Daemon release - with new god-respective models, there's been a Greater Daemon release, and with new Fiends, there's a strong possibility of a new Keeper. 

I think everyone should calm their tits and look at what we actually have in front of us, which is a few cool new, push-fit, mono-pose models. There's no major change here, and I definitely don't see anything suggesting a massive CSM release. 

It feels like you're desperately trying to be positive about it lol :wink:

They don't have access to Thunderhammers generally but this Chaos Lord has one. He has all the faction keywords you need to use him in any Black Legion detachment and doesn't require his own detachment.

DV Chosen are WAY more mutated than these Black Legionnaires so yes it is more or less new. It leads us to think we'll be getting more because 1) it's not Kirby in charge anymore and 2) they told us we will get a box as HCMistborn already said.

Most of us don't actually believe in a Renegade Codex yet but it's exciting to think about the possibility and even if we don't get one it just means we got some more awesome models for our Cultist units which is great in itself already.

I'm definitely not desperately trying to be positive about it. I just understand how keywords work and listen to what GW says. ;)

Regarding a traitor guard codex, there is the (albeit very, very slim) possibility of GW giving us an index like they did with Renegade Knights, containing a few basic units and one or two relics. One can dream, right?

Lol about all of this. I am in the camp of sculp/proportions lovers for the newest  miniatures especially the primaris.

But do you guys confront yourselves in the reallity?

When I am at the gym, almost all people around me look like tiny "astra militarium" people , maybe it is due to my 1m95 100+ kilo of muscle.

What I mean, is even in the real life there are some difference of size greater than this. Look around you man!

And if you go in the exceptional route, the WWE guys, some actors, many athlets etc... are often more than 1.95m for 130kg. And the bigest, the mountain man of game of throne is 2.06m for 185kg!!! (and the funny picture: his wedding with a "normal" wife 1.63m 55kg lol )

It's not so much about the height (tho one could make an argument about the models just representing the average height) and more about the proportions. Just look at the Guardsman and the new Renegade Guardsman. The old AM model looks incredibly stumpy compared to the new model. Same thing with the old Chaos Marine model and the new Black Legionnaire models.

Plus the shortest Marine should still be bigger and bulkier than the tallest Guardsman except for an really exceptional dude who'd be a giant even among tall humans. Sure there can be humans closing in on the height on Marines but not a whole army. That's just riddiculous and immersion breaking.

I think Chaos models should be taller in general due to warp exposure. We don't need Chaos Primaris... we just need rules and models that reflect the fact that CSM are actually more powerful then Loyalist Marines, especially the elites.

I am excited about the plastic traitor guardsmen even as they are. The current cultist models are garbage.

Man, I must be one of the few who loves the dark vengeance cultists. Their scale seems like it approaches what it should be compared to the new CSM models. Upscaled “regular” humans alongside upscaled CSM kinda doesn’t change the scale situation, it “just” improves how they all look (which is the most important part, for sure).

This aesthetic has been in place since DV and is nothing new. I don't get why a push-fit, mono-pose set like this, similar to DV's Chosen, leads you to think we'll get new CSMs.

Because - and you'd know this if you actually read through all of the excitement that you're being unduly critical of - GW literally told people that a new multipart kit is following these pushfits sometime in 2019. Nobody knows if Terminators et al are following, but a multipart Vanilla CSM box is happening, and that's a huge step in the right direction.

Man, I must be one of the few who loves the dark vengeance cultists. Their scale seems like it approaches what it should be compared to the new CSM models. Upscaled “regular” humans alongside upscaled CSM kinda doesn’t change the scale situation, it “just” improves how they all look (which is the most important part, for sure).

Nah I like the DV Cultists as well. There's still a significant height difference between the BSF Traitor Guardsmen and the BSF Black Legionnaire anyway so don't worry. ;)

Archived