After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

Also, the seminar for BSF QnA said we were getting a box, the rumor engine of the sorcerors power pack, and the newest rumor engine of a chaos something. Goodies are coming.

@Chaz: This would be why we believe new boxed kits are coming.

Short of, what, keeping us all from being disappointed(?) I’m not really sure why it matters if other people are excited about something. Is this attitude for everyone else’s sake?

A box? Any other details? Where was this Q&A? Not doubting, I just haven't seen it.  

I'm trying to be realistic :)

Y'all need to hold your horses.

Where's your bitterness? We're more jaded than this! 2 push-fit mono-pose CSMs and a Special Character that can't be used outside his own Detachment thingy isn't anything to be too happy about. Same with the Cultists - there's 10 push-fit mono-pose Cultists and 5 Beastmen of the same ilk. Remember those DV Cultists? Got tiresome very quickly, didn't it? Are you going to build squads of CSMs with 2 single monopose models? Thought so. 

I doubt this is the start of a fluff-fledged CSM rework. As mentioned, we got Chosen with the same aesthetic in DV, whom haven't even been released separately from DV. 

The Loyalists get most things wrong, but hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 

The Lord can be used in any Black Legion detachment just fine. Also the two push-fit mono-pose CSM aren't what we are excited about. We are excited about seeing how GW is envisioning regular CSM to look like and the possibility of getting a full multi-pose box of such Marines soon-ish. Same goes for the other units.

The Dark Vengeance box was under Kirby and before GW started to release new legion specific model ranges etc.

It feels like you're desperately trying to be negative about it lol

I was not aware the Black Legion had access Thunder Hammers, my bad if that is the case. 

This aesthetic has been in place since DV and is nothing new. I don't get why a push-fit, mono-pose set like this, similar to DV's Chosen, leads you to think we'll get new CSMs. We didn't get a multi-pose Chosen set then. 

Don't get me wrong, I really hope we'll get some awesome multi-pose models, with new plastic Oblits, Muties, Noise Marines, Lucius, Abaddon, Fabius, Havocs, Chosen, redone CSM and Khorne Berzerker kits, and while I'm at it, a new Renegade Guard Codex with all-new plastic Renegade Guard with all the other goodies etc. However, I'm just wishlisting with no basis in reality. I am much more excited for the Daemon release - with new god-respective models, there's been a Greater Daemon release, and with new Fiends, there's a strong possibility of a new Keeper. 

I think everyone should calm their tits and look at what we actually have in front of us, which is a few cool new, push-fit, mono-pose models. There's no major change here, and I definitely don't see anything suggesting a massive CSM release. 

It feels like you're desperately trying to be positive about it lol :wink:

They don't have access to Thunderhammers generally but this Chaos Lord has one. He has all the faction keywords you need to use him in any Black Legion detachment and doesn't require his own detachment.

DV Chosen are WAY more mutated than these Black Legionnaires so yes it is more or less new. It leads us to think we'll be getting more because 1) it's not Kirby in charge anymore and 2) they told us we will get a box as HCMistborn already said.

Most of us don't actually believe in a Renegade Codex yet but it's exciting to think about the possibility and even if we don't get one it just means we got some more awesome models for our Cultist units which is great in itself already.

I'm definitely not desperately trying to be positive about it. I just understand how keywords work and listen to what GW says. :wink:

And as I know how keywords function, I know my Alpha Legion doesn't get it ;)

I don't think these look any different from the DV Chosen tbh, so we'll just have to disagree there. They have told us we're getting a box. We did get a box after DV - push-fit mono-pose Cultists. While cool, based on that, I don't think people should be too ecstatic. 

My point is that people seem to be getting ahead of themselves. This is a boxed game that's being released, not an overhaul of the CSM range. That's what the Sisters are getting. 

This aesthetic has been in place since DV and is nothing new. I don't get why a push-fit, mono-pose set like this, similar to DV's Chosen, leads you to think we'll get new CSMs.

Because - and you'd know this if you actually read through all of the excitement that you're being unduly critical of - GW literally told people that a new multipart kit is following these pushfits sometime in 2019. Nobody knows if Terminators et al are following, but a multipart Vanilla CSM box is happening, and that's a huge step in the right direction.

Source? Read what he wrote - he just says box. That could just be the Renegade Guardsmen released separately - he doesn't mention multi-part. I have not seen anything related to multi-part CSMs.

While it's true that we should always temper our expectations with the full knowledge that GW has often done the exact opposite of what we the fans consider logical, I feel there's enough in the air to back up this general sense of hope.

Also, a lot of the people posting in this thread are hoary old Vets of the Long War, and no doubt remember how bad it gets down here when the negativity takes root.

Anyone got a link to this announcement of a follow-up box after BSF? I missed that at the time.

Dragonlover

This aesthetic has been in place since DV and is nothing new. I don't get why a push-fit, mono-pose set like this, similar to DV's Chosen, leads you to think we'll get new CSMs.

Because - and you'd know this if you actually read through all of the excitement that you're being unduly critical of - GW literally told people that a new multipart kit is following these pushfits sometime in 2019. Nobody knows if Terminators et al are following, but a multipart Vanilla CSM box is happening, and that's a huge step in the right direction.

Source? Read what he wrote - he just says box. That could just be the Renegade Guardsmen released separately - he doesn't mention multi-part. I have not seen anything related to multi-part CSMs.

Before telling somebody else to read something, it's probably best to read it yourself

11HcuBo.png

Additionally, there were multiple sources. Spikeybits mentioned that a box of CSM was following (for all their usual unreliability, they were in the seminar; the owner of Spikeybits later commented on one of his own articles saying that the box was coming next year), and a fine chap named Damien who went to Nova (and was present at the seminar) and is a member of a CSM fangroup on Facebook with me also confirmed that they said a multipart kit explicitly. He posts on Dakka and may have said the same thing there, although I don't know under what name. I recall another source on a smaller forum I read occasionally but I can't find it on short notice. Either way, there are multiple sources that were present at the seminar claiming that 1) a Chaos Space Marine box will follow (CSM, not plain Chaos, as you seem to believe) and 2) the kit will be multipart. Is it ironclad? Of course not. But as far as rumours go, multiple sources citing GW staff in an official GW seminar is as close to a confirmation as you can get.

In any case, I'm glad you can now agree that the excitement in this thread is entirely justified. :teehee:

Before telling somebody else to read something, it's probably best to read it yourself

11HcuBo.png

Additionally, there were multiple sources. Spikeybits mentioned that a box of CSM was following (for all their usual unreliability, they were in the seminar; the owner of Spikeybits later commented on one of his own articles saying that the box was coming next year), and a fine chap named Damien who went to Nova (and was present at the seminar) and is a member of a CSM fangroup on Facebook with me also confirmed that they said a multipart kit explicitly. He posts on Dakka and may have said the same thing there, although I don't know under what name. I recall another source on a smaller forum I read occasionally but I can't find it on short notice. Either way, there are multiple sources that were present at the seminar claiming that 1) a Chaos Space Marine box will follow (CSM, not plain Chaos, as you seem to believe) and 2) the kit will be multipart. Is it ironclad? Of course not. But as far as rumours go, multiple sources citing GW staff in an official GW seminar is as close to a confirmation as you can get.

In any case, I'm glad you can now agree that the excitement in this thread is entirely justified. :teehee:

Alright, now I'm more excited at least :smile.: It also says multi-part, not multipose btw

Though, I did look through this thread and it definitely wasn't here :wink:

Alright, now I'm more excited at least :smile.: It also says multi-part, not multipose btw.

Nobody said "multi-pose". Everybody (including all of my posts) said "multi-part". I fully expect the kit to be just like the Death Guard Plague Marine kit, with multiple builds for each marine. Don't be pedantic; if you look on the GW website, you'll note that whether a kit is multi-part or multi-pose they always describe it as multi-part. As an example, see Rubric Marines & Plague Marines.

Though, I did look through this thread and it definitely wasn't here :wink:

I assumed people would remember it correctly or look it up before making incorrect claims :whistling:

*ahem*

It's ok to have disagreements but if it goes into squabbeling I'll flex my mod muscles a bit. :P

(if I misunderstood something I apologise, I am studying for an exam and trying to finish two programming projects at the same time as I am building a 40k list for my sunday game...what's this thing called "planning" again, I think I heard a rumour about it... :D )

Though, I did look through this thread and it definitely wasn't here :wink:

I assumed people would remember it correctly or look it up before making incorrect claims :whistling:

My google-fu failed me and that's why I asked for a source :smile.:

Alright, now I'm more excited at least :smile.: It also says multi-part, not multipose btw.

Nobody said "multi-pose". Everybody (including all of my posts) said "multi-part". I fully expect the kit to be just like the Death Guard Plague Marine kit, with multiple builds for each marine. Don't be pedantic; if you look on the GW website, you'll note that whether a kit is multi-part or multi-pose they always describe it as multi-part. As an example, see Rubric Marines & Plague Marines.

Aye, from what I can tell you're definitely right about the multi-part section. However, they refer to both the new Plague Marines as multi-part and e.g. the multipose Raptors as multi-part. 

And ahem. Someone did say that. I assumed people would remember it correctly or look it up before making incorrect claims:whistling:  

The Lord can be used in any Black Legion detachment just fine. Also the two push-fit mono-pose CSM aren't what we are excited about. We are excited about seeing how GW is envisioning regular CSM to look like and the possibility of getting a full multi-pose box of such Marines soon-ish. Same goes for the other units.

The Dark Vengeance box was under Kirby and before GW started to release new legion specific model ranges etc.

It feels like you're desperately trying to be negative about it lol

I'm not trying to piss in anyone's Khorne flakes. I'm suggesting, based on what we know, we should maybe temper our expectations until we have something more tangible. It wouldn't be the first disappointing CSM release. 

I'll also bow out of the discussion to save Excessus any further bother:)

Edit: Loads of edits, formatting went awry a few times.

I said possibility, not that we're definitely getting one. We are definitely getting a multi-part box but that wasn't what you talked about so it's not something I refered to. ;)

You say we should temper our expectations until we have something more tangible, however completely ignore that we do have tangible enough things to warrant being excited about things. It's fine if you aren't. I'm not trying to force you. But please let people be excited about things or else it really comes of as you just trying to "piss in our Khorne flakes".

GW said in the Nova Q&A that CSM will indeed get a multipart box in the future, they just didn't say when. It was in response to what was in the Blackstone box, they said there are 3 chaos marines in there and follow up question was asked about a standalone box in the future and they said yes a multipart box will come in the future. Obviously the Blackstone Chaos Marines are what that aesthetic is going to look like.

That's more than enough to excite me! And plenty tangible enough since it's from GW themselves at an official event.

I am not going to buy Blackstone, but I might pick up some individual bits and pieces down the road. 

If they sell the traitor guard individually I will certainly get some of them, but I am not spending money on things I don't care about (IE, tons of weird imperial characters or funky xeno drones). My painting backlog is full as it is. 

I am not going to ride the hype train until I see something substantive, and Blackstone ain't it. I don't put much stock in internet rumors either. Maybe this will herald new Chaos sculpts, and maybe not. Time will tell. 

Anything other than a mk iv jump pack looks stupid, IMO, but overall I very much like him! The more chaos models, the better. The spear looks a little bent, which is my biggest gripe. Insert joke made in poor taste about a bent shaft.

I love everything about the model except that he can't really see if the doesn't jump this way or look slightly to the side lol

The Chaos range looks better and better ... I'm kinda glad GW is releasing generic Chaos Marines before EC now so I have a bit time to properly build up my imperial Marines before diving into the new Chaos range lol

I feel like his lighning claw is gonna be generic, but that spear may very well be a daemon weapon...

Edit: We're also gonna get a Noise Marine! He's not part of a full set, but rather a throwback mini that we'll be able to pick up for christmas:

Hidden Content

gallery_108437_14773_8821.jpg

Again, any thoughts? I wasn't around for the earlier editions of 40k, but some of you older fans must definetely be happy!

Archived