After years of waiting...

Marshal Loss

I've been considering starting a chaos marine army for a while now.  Do you guys think it's worth holding off until the next book comes out (in case the basic marine box gets replaced), or do y'all think it's not going to change?  I was heavily thinking of using alot of 'zerkers.  any rumor on if they would be changing?

If they are, likely not for a while. I'd assume Berserkers would get an update when the World Eaters codex comes out, but nobody knows when (or even if, but it's likely at some point) that will be.

That kit is in dire need of being revamped though. I think it's one of if not the oldest plastic kit for 40k still in production.

I doubt we'll be getting a new Codex this soon. GW can easily, and probably will, add things via campaigns and other forms of supplements which all will later be added into the Codex when it's time for a new one anyway.

New Berzerkers depends on when we'd see a World Eaters Codex I guess. For now it looks like GWs next few releases will be generic/Black Legion Marines and the 2nd wave of Primaris Marines but between those and the Sisters of Battles there's still lots of time for GW to release other things so who knows. However I have to say with Fulgrim already being active in-universe, Angrons arrival on Armageddon being prevented, the retro Noise Marine model we got right before Christmas and the increasing amount of Slaanesh getting mentioned in AoS I'd say it's more likely that we're going to see an Emperor's Children Codex before a World Eaters Codex.

"We should totally do Angron soon!" was a direct quote by the seminar person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/a00l09/i_was_at_the_vigilus_weekender_and_live_reported/

Sounds a lot like a typically British ironic sense of humour, but hard to tell without hearing it in person. But if it is, then Angron is already being worked on so we're probably looking at a release within the next two years.

It could have been a joke, him just agreeing that it would be cool or meaning Fulgrim is already done and just waiting for his release while they didn't even start working on Angron yet.

Impossible to tell, really.

Honestly at this point i would love if they just released 4 easy to build zerkers and made a WE kill team. That would tide me over for now.

Same with Noise Marines to be honest. ^^

I don't mind playing with the CSM rules for a bit longer but yeah I want to get my hands on new Noise Marines finally. It's pretty much the only thing that hinders me to get my Slaanesh project started and why I'm concentrating on my Blood Angels for now.

Angron and berzerkers were due at Christmas and the Angron model was supposed to have been seen at GW and described as bigger than Mortarion. This came to me from a very strong source in March and all his other early information was correct through the year, new knight kits, both elves releases for AoS, AoS 2, nighthaunt, among other bits but then I was told end of November that Angron was delayed and had gone cold. Nobody was talking and just after this we got the noise marine retro kit.

I agree with others about Fulgrim being talked about in books plus Angrons summoning being blocked so I'd presume both are in the works and maybe the background writers or whomever is running the 40k timeline/project management wanted to delay Angron? It's possible GW have had a strong year financially already and want to delay a release to manage growth. They don't want huge profit spikes in a single year as the stock market wants sustained growth which is why I don't expect SoB early in 2019, I've heard most of the range is complete and were in Eavy Metal being painted when GW announced they would show us progress lol. Abandon and black legion are coming around March this year allegedly and moonclan are already out which I'm sure is going well with the fantasy crowd. Going to be busy year I feel.

Angron and berzerkers were due at Christmas and the Angron model was supposed to have been seen at GW and described as bigger than Mortarion. This came to me from a very strong source in March and all his other early information was correct through the year, new knight kits, both elves releases for AoS, AoS 2, nighthaunt, among other bits but then I was told end of November that Angron was delayed and had gone cold. Nobody was talking and just after this we got the noise marine retro kit.

I agree with others about Fulgrim being talked about in books plus Angrons summoning being blocked so I'd presume both are in the works and maybe the background writers or whomever is running the 40k timeline/project management wanted to delay Angron? It's possible GW have had a strong year financially already and want to delay a release to manage growth. They don't want huge profit spikes in a single year as the stock market wants sustained growth which is why I don't expect SoB early in 2019, I've heard most of the range is complete and were in Eavy Metal being painted when GW announced they would show us progress lol. Abandon and black legion are coming around March this year allegedly and moonclan are already out which I'm sure is going well with the fantasy crowd. Going to be busy year I feel.

I kinda doubt it. Seems very unlikely that GW would change their plans in such a big way on such short notice. Now they'd be paying storage costs for all the prepared World Eater stuff and increase the risk exponentially for someone to leak the whole thing before they can cash in on it.

It also got said that the model designer work about 3 years in advance and the fluff guys about 2 years in advance (and we know that the return of Angron would tie into some big narratives like with the other two again). We are now getting Vigilus and Black Legion stuff which doesn't seem like GW just pushed it in in place of a World Eater narrative/release either.

Well thats beyond depressing :(. Hopefully some WE rumors pick back up. I cant wait till 2020 :(((

• 2 weeks later...

This is an odd campaign anyway. I really don't feel involved at all. Definitely way less than with Fate of Konor and Gathering Storm. Book 1 feels more likey they gave us a brief description of the setup for this campaign without anything really happening yet since the main badguys only arrive at the end of the book.

This is an odd campaign anyway. I really don't feel involved at all. Definitely way less than with Fate of Konor and Gathering Storm. Book 1 feels more likey they gave us a brief description of the setup for this campaign without anything really happening yet since the main badguys only arrive at the end of the book.

Just the opposite for me. This is the most engaged I've felt with a campaign since Medusa V. My FLGS is running a campaign with a map and everything! 

• 2 weeks later...

What is that spider thing?

Will it only be a BL unit or all other legions have access as well, the obliterated look amazing and I hope they get their rules updated

Seeing that new spider walker really makes me hope GW give the Defiler some love and give it a new model as well as some much needed rules that make them better

What is that spider thing?

Will it only be a BL unit or all other legions have access as well, the obliterated look amazing and I hope they get their rules updated

Seeing that new spider walker really makes me hope GW give the Defiler some love and give it a new model as well as some much needed rules that make them better

"A new class of Daemon Engine, the Venomcrawler is a skittering horror that provides withering infernal fire support. This thing is so saturated in the taint of the Warp that its presence thins the veil of reality itself, allowing Daemons easier access to realspace."

Makes me think it might be a new generic Daemon Engine any legion can take. Hopefully. Because my World Eaters like having more fire support :lol:

Venomcrawler is awesome. I'm going to get three.

New CSM are great. Might get some to convert new berzerkers (like I need more...).

First impression of the Obliterators was great, but more and more the fleshy bits are starting to get to me. I don't like the "balloon muscle" look. They don't look bad to me, I just wanted it to look more like flesh was breaking out through the armour, like on the wrist-mounted combi-bolter.

Oh, and the Abaddon video had me actually laughing out loud. Holy hell I'm excited for that model.

Yeah, the fleshy bits on the oblit don't look great. Needed to be more warped/mutated/daemonic. Nothing a little greenstuff can't help fix, but imo the weakest of the new models on display as a result. I still like it better than the existing models. At leadt it doesnt have the same awkward posture.

But is nobody going to post pics from the other teaser? I mean, I can do it, but is a bit awk on mobil.

Archived