Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

After years of waiting...

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

durdle-durdle

durdle-durdle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

I've been considering starting a chaos marine army for a while now.  Do you guys think it's worth holding off until the next book comes out (in case the basic marine box gets replaced), or do y'all think it's not going to change?  I was heavily thinking of using alot of 'zerkers.  any rumor on if they would be changing?

Wayniac

Wayniac

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 704 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, Chaos Undecided
If they are, likely not for a while. I'd assume Berserkers would get an update when the World Eaters codex comes out, but nobody knows when (or even if, but it's likely at some point) that will be.

That kit is in dire need of being revamped though. I think it's one of if not the oldest plastic kit for 40k still in production.

Edited by Wayniac, 09 January 2019 - 11:56 PM.

- Wayne aka "Wayniac the Indecisive"

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,407 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

I doubt we'll be getting a new Codex this soon. GW can easily, and probably will, add things via campaigns and other forms of supplements which all will later be added into the Codex when it's time for a new one anyway.

New Berzerkers depends on when we'd see a World Eaters Codex I guess. For now it looks like GWs next few releases will be generic/Black Legion Marines and the 2nd wave of Primaris Marines but between those and the Sisters of Battles there's still lots of time for GW to release other things so who knows. However I have to say with Fulgrim already being active in-universe, Angrons arrival on Armageddon being prevented, the retro Noise Marine model we got right before Christmas and the increasing amount of Slaanesh getting mentioned in AoS I'd say it's more likely that we're going to see an Emperor's Children Codex before a World Eaters Codex.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Cheex

Cheex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,781 posts

"We should totally do Angron soon!" was a direct quote by the seminar person.

https://www.reddit.c..._live_reported/

Sounds a lot like a typically British ironic sense of humour, but hard to tell without hearing it in person. But if it is, then Angron is already being worked on so we're probably looking at a release within the next two years.

• Juggernut likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,407 posts
It could have been a joke, him just agreeing that it would be cool or meaning Fulgrim is already done and just waiting for his release while they didn't even start working on Angron yet.
Impossible to tell, really.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,516 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Honestly at this point i would love if they just released 4 easy to build zerkers and made a WE kill team. That would tide me over for now.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,407 posts

Honestly at this point i would love if they just released 4 easy to build zerkers and made a WE kill team. That would tide me over for now.

Same with Noise Marines to be honest. ^^

Disclaimer:

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,516 posts

As much as i would love a full dex and units and primarch i really just want a full kit to build. I love my conversions but i miss going to the store and picking up a kit haha.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,407 posts

I don't mind playing with the CSM rules for a bit longer but yeah I want to get my hands on new Noise Marines finally. It's pretty much the only thing that hinders me to get my Slaanesh project started and why I'm concentrating on my Blood Angels for now.

Edited by sfPanzer, 11 January 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Disclaimer:

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 877 posts
Angron and berzerkers were due at Christmas and the Angron model was supposed to have been seen at GW and described as bigger than Mortarion. This came to me from a very strong source in March and all his other early information was correct through the year, new knight kits, both elves releases for AoS, AoS 2, nighthaunt, among other bits but then I was told end of November that Angron was delayed and had gone cold. Nobody was talking and just after this we got the noise marine retro kit.

I agree with others about Fulgrim being talked about in books plus Angrons summoning being blocked so I'd presume both are in the works and maybe the background writers or whomever is running the 40k timeline/project management wanted to delay Angron? It's possible GW have had a strong year financially already and want to delay a release to manage growth. They don't want huge profit spikes in a single year as the stock market wants sustained growth which is why I don't expect SoB early in 2019, I've heard most of the range is complete and were in Eavy Metal being painted when GW announced they would show us progress lol. Abandon and black legion are coming around March this year allegedly and moonclan are already out which I'm sure is going well with the fantasy crowd. Going to be busy year I feel.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,407 posts

Angron and berzerkers were due at Christmas and the Angron model was supposed to have been seen at GW and described as bigger than Mortarion. This came to me from a very strong source in March and all his other early information was correct through the year, new knight kits, both elves releases for AoS, AoS 2, nighthaunt, among other bits but then I was told end of November that Angron was delayed and had gone cold. Nobody was talking and just after this we got the noise marine retro kit.

I agree with others about Fulgrim being talked about in books plus Angrons summoning being blocked so I'd presume both are in the works and maybe the background writers or whomever is running the 40k timeline/project management wanted to delay Angron? It's possible GW have had a strong year financially already and want to delay a release to manage growth. They don't want huge profit spikes in a single year as the stock market wants sustained growth which is why I don't expect SoB early in 2019, I've heard most of the range is complete and were in Eavy Metal being painted when GW announced they would show us progress lol. Abandon and black legion are coming around March this year allegedly and moonclan are already out which I'm sure is going well with the fantasy crowd. Going to be busy year I feel.

I kinda doubt it. Seems very unlikely that GW would change their plans in such a big way on such short notice. Now they'd be paying storage costs for all the prepared World Eater stuff and increase the risk exponentially for someone to leak the whole thing before they can cash in on it.

It also got said that the model designer work about 3 years in advance and the fluff guys about 2 years in advance (and we know that the return of Angron would tie into some big narratives like with the other two again). We are now getting Vigilus and Black Legion stuff which doesn't seem like GW just pushed it in in place of a World Eater narrative/release either.

Disclaimer:

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,516 posts

Well thats beyond depressing :(. Hopefully some WE rumors pick back up. I cant wait till 2020 :(((

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,749 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Hype levels rising

DbgNevb.jpg

• Insane Psychopath, Midnight Runner and Celtic_cauldron like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company