Slaanesh Harpist artwork

Kraken

While not directly related to the harpist, WHC just put up this article:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/22/22nd-nov-grim-dark-corners-the-realm-of-chaosgw-homepage-post-3/

Could be a hint that the W&R box is sooner than we think?

[Edit] Not to mention this not-so-subtle reference to Karanak, also rumoured to be part of the W&R box:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/hammerhal-herald/#hammerhal-1

Having seen the new video and pics.

The Fiends, Flesh Hounds, and Karnak are all amazing sculpts worlds better that what came before. GW should be proud of those models. Although the Fiend heads would look better if they were more narrow like the Seeker mounts rather than being so wide. I may have to mod those heads. 

Herald

As much as I love Slaanesh I can't completely sign off on that Herald. She looks kinda chunky compared to the other Daemonettes, just like the current resin Herald; and that head is well not too pretty. What is up with that braid its huge and out of scale like the one on the Callidus Assassin? It should be much thinner and smaller like the braids on the female Scourge models. Which is probably where I get a replacement braid, if I don't just swap the whole head. I'm also not sure about those extra long horns either. Also on her potential rules I hope she can be mounted on a chariot or that she has a large aura or board wide rules; because tat harp does not look mobile at all. She really should have been mounted on something. Still the concept is a winner for me. I really, hope that that harp is a captured Eldar. If not, I'm green-stuffing some knife ears on it and making in a bound Farseer. Now I just have to buy the Scribe model from Kingdom of Death for another body horror Herald. 

Either someone paused the video at the exact same second or someone took the screenshot I took right out of my groups Whatsapp group. :biggrin.:

I actually did this screenshot and added some sharpening to improve visibility a bit.

The keyboard for next/previous frame in youtube are very useful in those cases.

Also, someone took a picture of the actual model at the event:

tc8k31gts9021.jpg

The problem for me is this model is the Hulk compared to my other daemonettes :tongue.: Should have been an Eldar harp too, real missed opportunity there. I'll need to see more pictures and the sprues before I can consider jumping, as much rests on how far my meagre converting skills can take me...

The individual, supposedly, who worked on these models is in a Slaanesh facebook group I am in and he basically said these are just the start for Slaanesh. He made a big hint at a new KOS! 

Do you mean Maxime Corbeil?

As seen here:

ce8lefmca9021.jpg

The problem for me is this model is the Hulk compared to my other daemonettes :tongue.: Should have been an Eldar harp too, real missed opportunity there. I'll need to see more pictures and the sprues before I can consider jumping, as much rests on how far my meagre converting skills can take me...

Can't be an eldar because it has to be dual purpose for fantasy.

It could work as both an Eldar and an Elf.

Yes, there is no really difference between the two of than costume, which isn't a problem here.

Yes, there is no really difference between the two of than costume, which isn't a problem here.

AoS Elves are weirder than fantasy elves used to be so that's only half true.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out she is a generic herald type: "...the Infernal Enrapturess – a new kind of Slaaneshi herald who bolsters summoning and shreds enemy units with sonic waves."

Since summoning is trash she have to do a lot to make it good.  I do like that she have a "sonic" weapon though.

Unless 'bolsters summoning' means something extreme like the ability to move after deploying the new herald will be very disappointing compared to the nurgle ones. Technically Slaanesh daemons are missing a good shooting unit but its not what they need to start working as a faction.

Summoning isn't useless if you want to bring a single daemons unit into a chaos marine army but that's about it.

I bet the summoning buff is just something like +1 to the dice roll or something like that. A bit disappointing if that's really this Heralds only purpose since I don't think a single proper shooting attack from a Herald level HQ will change anything in a Slaanesh army. Ah well at least the model looks great so I'll still use it. It just won't be my first pick for a HQ.

Archived