little hope in CA for GK's

newdigitalGK

Meh I'd like to be wrong. I like the crowe model. But the only time people need a cheap HQ is to afford something bigger elsewhere or get a bigger detachment. We're still too expensive to even bother with a larger detachment, and you could just get a GM nemesis dreadknight straight away and get your big thing and HQ in one?

And taking a fancy HQ model just to kill some guard or cultists just seems so laaame in all honesty.

Although I am all for more options.

Unless, BroChamp will be even cheaper...

BroChamp would be cheaper, but it's easier now to try out other GK combos like Crowe + BroCap + Relic banner etc.

Let's be real, if you're going to be wanting a tourney competitive list then GK + allies (unfortunately) is the way to go. If you want a min/max mono-GK list, the core GK units won't change either - GMDK, Draigo, Strikes, Interceptors, Voldus etc. Now, if you're actually interested in being able to play with all your favourite GK models, then changes like 80 points Crowe (if it's true), is a very welcomed change. It allows us more flexibility to bring out different models in addition to the core GK units. For all we know, Crowe won't even change in cost - how dismissive are we then?

Daranac posted on DakkaDakka the apparent leaked CA changes.

Chapter approved 2018 rumors
gallery_98206_14457_44305.jpg

- Rites of Banishment is getting removed or changed, seems GK are getting the regular Smite power
- armies with -1 to hit are getting changed to +1 cover save

As I thought, mostly point changes. Crowe probs still useless, but Draigo at 200pts is insane. However, there's also the potential RoB change, which I think is one of the worst and laziest changes they could have made. MW are too prevalent already, we should be moving away from MW spam. It's a mechanic that is super effective against Elites but near useless against hoards. Furthermore, unless there's some other changes, screens will still block us from taking out tough targets from range.

I'd rather GK being unable to cast smite but Psychic Focus doesn't effect GK.

We're still too expensive to even bother with a larger detachment, and you could just get a GM nemesis dreadknight straight away and get your big thing and HQ in one?

Battalion is a must, and you don't always have points for two GMNDKs.

I'd rather GK being unable to cast smite but Psychic Focus doesn't effect GK.

So we can spam Vortex/Purge instead.:biggrin.:

The potential for a Smite change could be massive. Heck I'd probably fire up my old GK again if this happened because to be honest it's been the number one isue I've had and we know that a lot of reductions will probably happen in the order of Termies and characters. Perhaps minor (insignificant?) points drop for the Strikes.

Stormraven would be a nice drop... but I really don't know if that would make me take it again. (I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a ton of Ork tractor cannons right now).

I know that Draigo is a huge thing, but I played him for so long that I actually just prefer Valdor. I'd LOVE for him to get a drop.

I’m confused. Wasn’t this already a thing? Did they just change the wording to clarify that they can only move through models and terrain during the movement phase?

It says on Warhammer Community pdf:

ERRATA

Page 82 – Interceptor Squad, Personal Teleporters Change the first sentence to read:

‘During the Movement phase, this unit can move across models and terrain as if they were not there.’

Edit: Ohhh I get it.. I didn’t read your spoiler! No moving through models/terrain when charging or fighting, only during movement

Yeah all the Erratas just caught the things they missed when they nerfed FLY. Now nobody can do the cool things outside of the movement phase. Oh and they gave that one Tyranid unit infiltration because the 2nd turn reserves change made it impossible to use its reserve rule RAW lol

I have dusted off this venerable account to bring thee great news:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/24/breaking-news-from-the-vigilus-open-daygw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

It’s good news for the Grey Knights
40kGK-Preview_Image7xv.jpg

Matched play fans have been scrutinising the new points from the book, and it’s clear at this point that one massive winner is the Grey Knights, who have seen sweeping points reductions across a swathe of units

I'll hold my judgement till I've seen the actually results, but let's just hope there are some significant rule changes as well.

I doubt it, but then again I am in the camp that doesn't think we need it.

I'll hold my judgement till I've seen the actually results, but let's just hope there are some significant rule changes as well.

Unless regular SM get the same point reductions, we're still going to face the same issues we always have - mainly dealing with tough targets at range and being overly reliant on CC. They can't reduce our ven dread cost unless they reduce everyone elses. Thus, if there are no rules changes, GK won't be able to deal with these problems.

Unless regular SM get the same point reductions, we're still going to face the same issues we always have - mainly dealing with tough targets at range and being overly reliant on CC. They can't reduce our ven dread cost unless they reduce everyone elses. Thus, if there are no rules changes, GK won't be able to deal with these problems.

Why do so many people have this viewpoint? Internal balance of a codex should come before overall balance within the game imo. If the GK ven dread is 100 points cheaper than the SM, DA or BA ven dread then so be it, that's what you get for choosing the particular faction.

Why do so many people have this viewpoint? Internal balance of a codex should come before overall balance within the game imo. If the GK ven dread is 100 points cheaper than the SM, DA or BA ven dread then so be it, that's what you get for choosing the particular faction.

Because that creates a whole can of other problems and because people like things being consistent.

I'm more surprised that there are people who think it's a good idea to have a unit cost differently just because it's written in another book. What's next should vanilla Marines get differently costed versions for each of their units because they belong to different chapters as well? Orks, Chaos Marines etc too? :huh.:

Because that creates a whole can of other problems and because people like things being consistent.

I'm more surprised that there are people who think it's a good idea to have a unit cost differently just because it's written in another book. What's next should vanilla Marines get differently costed versions for each of their units because they belong to different chapters as well? Orks, Chaos Marines etc too? :huh.:

Yes I see no problem with having different marine codexes priced differently. Would prevent the constant hamstringing of GW when they do try to balance things i.e. if GKs are overcosted they should have no problem changing points without worrying about the other marine factions.. Orks and Chaos are a poor example as they're still all contained within the same codex.

I don't hold this view, but it's the view held by GW. Evidence: When they nerfed SM stuff, they also nerfed our stuff by the same amount. Hurricane Bolters, Stormravens, Razorbacks, Assault cannons. We got every nerf they did, yet weren't the ones making the problem.

With a proper allies system, they could cost each faction independently, but as it stands, soup would just mean people take the most point efficient unit.

Yeahhh, that fact that it only mentions point reductions is already not filling me with much hope for anything more to be done. At least its something though!

So it's better than nothing I say.

The character creation in open play might be quite interesting though. Of course depending on what list of abilities we can choose (unless we make them up too?)

Archived