LRR - 180 (Was 244 = -64)
Libby - 113 (Was 157 = -44p)
PallyAnc - 98 (Was 140 = -42p)
Pallies - 47 (Was 53 = --6p)
Puries - 19 (Was 26 = -7p)
Razor - 70 (Was 70 = carried over)
Servitors - 5 (Was 2 = +3p) ?
SR - 192 (Was 192 = carried over)
TechMarine - 55 (Was 91 = -44p) [Even cheaper still, servo arms dropped from 12 > 0 and plasma cutters from 7 > 5]
Termies - 39 (Was 41 = -2p)
VenDread - 85 (Was 110 = -25p)

Stern - 105 (Was 157 = -52p)
Crowe - 80 (Was 125 = -45p)
Voldus - 153 (Was 190 = -37p)
Draigo - 180 (Was 240 = -60p)

Hurricane Bolters - 10 (Was 20 = -10p)
H. Incinerator - 19 (Was 40 = -21p)
H. Psycannon - 24 (Was 30 = -6p)
Incinerator - 9 (Was 14 = -5p)
Psycannon - 7 (11 for termies) (Was 14/20 = -7/9p)
Psilencer for Termies - 8 (Was 10 = -2p)
Incinerator for termies - 13 (Was 20 = -7p)
Twinlas - 40 (Was 50 = -10p)
Twin MM - 40  (Was 54 = -14p)
Typhoon - 38 (Was 50 = -12p)
ML - 20 (Was 25 = -5p)

Plasma Cannon - 16 (Was 21 = -5p)

Twin Assault Cannon - 44 (Was 44 = carried over)

TWIN LINKED PLASMA CANNONS ARE NOW CORRECTLY COSTED LOL. 60p > 24p

My take away from all this is that you never use strikes again, just use Interceptors with a loyal 32 for your CP. Then spam the :censored: out of characters.

EDIT: Unless there are rule changes of course.

Wow 39ppm for a Terminator. That's way too much when regular Terminators cost only 23ppm.

A quick comparison:

Regular Terminator (23ppm) + Powerfist (9ppm) + Stormbolter (2ppm) = 34ppm

GK Terminator (39ppm) + Hammer because it's the best to compare with a fist (15ppm) + Stormbolter (2ppm) = 56ppm

The difference is the GK unit being a psyker, D3 instead of D1d3 and them being Troops instead of Elite. However no matter that 22ppm/110p per unit more seems way too much. For those 110p one could get almost a whole second unit of those regular Terminators which I'd say is worth more than the GK unit being a psyker and doing D3 instead of D1d3.

Also keep in mind, that there are very little point increases across  many armies and lots of point drops. For example, my nid mate got his 2000 pts army cheaper by 150 points. So, my army will have only 170 points advantage, not 320. And this is only one out of many.

Only by 150p cheaper. My Tyranid playing friend looks at a 300+ points cheaper army as well lol

If those are the genuine new points (which from the semi bad photos) then I am not impressed. After all that chat on the community site about 'Grey Knights being the big winners', I'm just not seeing it.

And given there complete lack of rites of banishment chat and discussion on other forums I think that was a fake leak.

If those are the genuine new points (which from the semi bad photos) then I am not impressed. After all that chat on the community site about 'Grey Knights being the big winners', I'm just not seeing it.

And given there complete lack of rites of banishment chat and discussion on other forums I think that was a fake leak.

I was the one who brought up the point decreases on Terminators and Strikes. Have been looking at the points changes on imgur, surprised to learn they were incorrect.

Still optimistic about Rites of Banishment changes, since that came from the original French live stream. I suspect there's a lot more to this.

Well we can all see that we have been let down. But its still technically a better position than we were in before.

Now with these reductions. Any changes in how we'll build our lists?

Any of you now considering incinerators or psycannons?

Maybe some of us will throw in a purifier squad instead of a strike squad?

Maybe we should be discussing theses changes in a somewhat positive manner?

Ya'know. Trying to make the best out of a bad situation an all.

Wow 39ppm for a Terminator. That's way too much when regular Terminators cost only 23ppm.

A quick comparison:

Regular Terminator (23ppm) + Powerfist (9ppm) + Stormbolter (2ppm) = 34ppm

GK Terminator (39ppm) + Hammer because it's the best to compare with a fist (15ppm) + Stormbolter (2ppm) = 56ppm

The difference is the GK unit being a psyker, D3 instead of D1d3 and them being Troops instead of Elite. However no matter that 22ppm/110p per unit more seems way too much. For those 110p one could get almost a whole second unit of those regular Terminators which I'd say is worth more than the GK unit being a psyker and doing D3 instead of D1d3.

Actually I'd do the comparison between PF/SB Vanillas and ours armed with whatever you want *but* hammers:

Vanilla: 23 + 9 + 2 = 34 ppm

TAGK: 39 + 0 + 2 = 41 ppm

In the case of hammer, I'd do the comparison with the TH/SS Vanillas:

Vanilla: 23 + 21 + 2 = 46 ppm

TAGK: 39 + 13 + 2 = 54 ppm

That means anyway an *insane* difference of +7 and +8 ppm on the two variants, which is substantially justified by being Troops (ok, if hordes weren't a thing in this game) + psykers (that is honestly the single game phase which current 40K is still fine without). Basically, being Troops should come for free, and the combined effect of psykers and force weapons should lift the Termies' cost by just ~3-4 pts up wrt Vanillas (i.e. the rumored cost change before leaks) :)

Why the hell do you think comparing a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D1d3 with a Terminator unit hitting at S4 AP0 D1 makes more sense than to compare it with a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D3? :huh.:

But its still technically a better position than we were in before.

It is questionable, if we are in a better position. Happen what I was feared most - drastic point drops all over the board with little increases. It will take time for a meta to settle down, but you are not becoming stronger when everyone becoming stronger. I can throw 15 more strikes, while my mate can throw another dakkafex. It isn't a win at all. 

Why the hell do you think comparing a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D1d3 with a Terminator unit hitting at S4 AP0 D1 makes more sense than to compare it with a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D3? :huh.:

Eh, to be fair, GK termies have access to far superior weapons compared to other loyalists. Just compare lightning claw with virtually any nemesis weapon, both cost nearly the same and GK ones blow "cheap" loyalist option out of the water. And even fist with the current points cut is -1 to hit, most SM players would love to take GK option instead...

Eh, to be fair, GK termies have access to far superior weapons compared to other loyalists. Just compare lightning claw with virtually any nemesis weapon, both cost nearly the same and GK ones blow "cheap" loyalist option out of the water. And even fist with the current points cut is -1 to hit, most SM players would love to take GK option instead...

That ... was completey beside the point?

My 2000 pts points list is 1683 now, which is another GMNDK and an Apothecary. Now I'll be tabled in 4 turns, not in 3.

A 33% increase in your army's survivability then. lol

Off the top of my head, I'll get at least another 10 Interceptors and some more points to spare.

Why the hell do you think comparing a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D1d3 with a Terminator unit hitting at S4 AP0 D1 makes more sense than to compare it with a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D3? :huh.:

S4 AP0 D1??? Honestly, in CQC it's a minimum S4 AP-2 Dd3 *bonus* (usually +1 atk) vs S8 AP-3 Dd3 with -1 to hit :P

And it is actually the fairest way to compare, since I have playtested several hammers (not only GK) in this game and can assure you that flat 3 dmg make a *huge* difference vs d3 only ;)

Why the hell do you think comparing a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D1d3 with a Terminator unit hitting at S4 AP0 D1 makes more sense than to compare it with a Terminator unit hitting at S8 AP-3 D3? :huh.:

S4 AP0 D1??? Honestly, in CQC it's a minimum S4 AP-2 Dd3 *bonus* (usually +1 atk) vs S8 AP-3 Dd3 with -1 to hit :tongue.:

And it is actually the fairest way to compare, since I have playtested several hammers (not only GK) in this game and can assure you that flat 3 dmg make a *huge* difference vs d3 only :wink:

Alright my mistake for forgetting the basic force weapon, it still makes way less sense. You say D3 makes a lot of difference. I don't disagree. But let me tell you that -1 to-hit and S8 makes even more of a difference and literally the only weapon that comes with those stats is the hammer lol

So yeah I still heavily disagree. The hammer is closer than any other force weapon to a fist whether you like it or not.

Well we can all see that we have been let down. But its still technically a better position than we were in before.

We’re not though, are we? We get to put a few more models down but everyone else also gets to put a few more down as well. And their extra models are likely better than our extra models. We’re probably actually in a worse position now, if that’s even possible.

Archived