little hope in CA for GK's

newdigitalGK

A 33% increase in your army's survivability then. lol

33%? How? To gain 33% of survivability by 10 wounds, one must have 30 wounds total in the whole army. 10 more interceptors? Ok, my DA mate will need another hellblaster activation. 

Nothing that complicated,,,,you said you'll get tabled in 4 turns INSTEAD of 3 turns. So, 4/3 = 1.33.

Hence, your army survives for an extra 33% longer....

It was a joke.

So, I think GW wants us to run characters?

Voluds, Draigo and a GMDK supported by 3 squads of Interceptors and the loyal 32 doesn't seem like a bad start to a list.

Yeah, I've been doing a similar mental exercise.

The idea of an elite Grey Knight squad backed by a strong gunline seems so appealing. You might want to include an Apothecary for healing, or a Brother Captain for double distance smite.

Then you think about the fact that these units can deep strike, but they still have less than half a chance to get into combat the turn they arrive. Then you think about the fact those characters and infantry units cost as much as 3 Basilisks and 3 Medusas.

The competitive objective is you could have a lot more Dakka in your army without them. The fluffy objection is these aren't Terminators, it doesn't look like a Grey Knights army.

While I think we will see a couple lists like this turn up at tournaments, I don't think they will do very well.

Archived