Gaunt’s Ghosts: Anarch

Being the fast reader I am, I’m somehow almost finished. But with a good chunk still left, I just have to say...

Feth me...

Details please! I can't wait till the 22nd of Jan?

Finished. The body count is something else. And one part of the novel is just a straight up horror show.

Lucky you going to BL Weekender and getting this early #jealous

As someone who rarely remembers spoilers anyway please go ahead and "spoil" as I need to wait three months to read mine!

Plus a question... Does this book seem like the end of GG series or (as hinted by Abnett before) could there be one more arc?

Apparently he confirmed at the Anarch seminar at the weekender that he's going to write at least one more arc, and there's the possibility for another anthology like Sabbat Worlds, which he and Nik agreed on. The possibility for spinoffs/side stories exists too.

At least that's what the twitter reporters had to say last night!

Oh, and he finally started on Penitent

Apparently he confirmed at the Anarch seminar at the weekender that he's going to write at least one more arc, and there's the possibility for another anthology like Sabbat Worlds, which he and Nik agreed on. The possibility for spinoffs/side stories exists too.

At least that's what the twitter reporters had to say last night!

Oh, and he finally started on Penitent

Yes I heard that via Twitter. Awesome if true (all of it)

I’ll post a little summary later. But no it’s not the last Ghosts book. But is the end of the Victory arc.

So glad to hear not the end for GG. So like Abnett to call the arc The Victory and for it to be almost anything but!!!!

Edited by DukeLeto69

Being the fast reader I am, I’m somehow almost finished. But with a good chunk still left, I just have to say...

Feth me...

Hey brother, is that a good "Feth me" or a bad "Feth me"...… :eek: I MUST KNOW...… wait..... don't tell me...… wait...… tell me...… I'm so conflicted on this:unsure.: Curse you Dan Abnett:wink:

I’ll post a little summary later. But no it’s not the last Ghosts book. But is the end of the Victory arc.

So glad to hear not the end for GG. So like Abnett to call the arc The Victory and for it to be almost anything but!!!!

"The Victory"... did Abnett say at any point that this was an Imperial victory? :devil:

Edited by Orwell84

"The Victory"... did Abnett say at any point that this was an Imperial victory? :devil:

Which is precisely my point. It was easy to assume it was an imperial victory. My other point was that the arc being called The Victory had a sense of finality about it. Of course this is about a victory in the battle more than the war (crusade).

I don’t want to rush you at all, however, the suspense is killing me. I’ve been trying to see if anyone else got an advance copy that they’ve finished. Thus far, no luck...

Well at its core the plot is pretty straight forward, if not in a few separate paths:

One being Mkoll was captured, but very quickly escaped and finds himself in the base of Sek himself. He drags a hostage around for a while before finding three prisoners who were at the side of Sabbat when she wins a victory against Sek: The Iron Snake, Holofurnace, a Intel Officer and....Brin Milo. Together they all decide to likely suicidally kill Sek, which they ultimately succeed at.

Another path being a very elite group of Sons of Sek, who are...transformed in a way and can shapeshift to be bigger, stronger and have neon blood, are sent to recover the Eagle Stones and eliminate Mabbon, who are on separate locations. Pasha takes the majority of Ghosts to get the Stones. Rawne takes the Suicide Kings to secure Mabbon. Pashas group secure the Stones, Rawnes team lose almost everyone before Mabbon, who is also revealed to be one of these transformed this whole time, sacrifices himself to save Rawne and Varl.

Now, the other main part, really needs to be read yourself. It’s all set back at HQ with the Ghosts there and is like an honest to :cuss horror story. It’s fething creepy as hell and a bloodbath.

So conclusion being Sek is dead, the Tanith are now essentially Gaunt’s honour guard Regiment and the Saint is kind of comatose as she recovers from injuries sustained in the novel or rather recharging after using a lot of her power.

Well Brother Angel, you put the spoiler up knowing I would have to read it:dry.: ……. thanks for that ….. and curse you:wink:  Just kidding..... pretty much what I had hoped for. Still a lot of good stuff to read in there I'm sure...… looks like Mr. Abnett came through for me. It'll probably be quite some time before I read it, but you've eased my mind.... thanks:yes:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

• 1 month later...

Well at its core the plot is pretty straight forward, if not in a few separate paths:

One being Mkoll was captured, but very quickly escaped and finds himself in the base of Sek himself. He drags a hostage around for a while before finding three prisoners who were at the side of Sabbat when she wins a victory against Sek: The Iron Snake, Holofurnace, a Intel Officer and....Brin Milo. Together they all decide to likely suicidally kill Sek, which they ultimately succeed at.

Another path being a very elite group of Sons of Sek, who are...transformed in a way and can shapeshift to be bigger, stronger and have neon blood, are sent to recover the Eagle Stones and eliminate Mabbon, who are on separate locations. Pasha takes the majority of Ghosts to get the Stones. Rawne takes the Suicide Kings to secure Mabbon. Pashas group secure the Stones, Rawnes team lose almost everyone before Mabbon, who is also revealed to be one of these transformed this whole time, sacrifices himself to save Rawne and Varl.

Now, the other main part, really needs to be read yourself. It’s all set back at HQ with the Ghosts there and is like an honest to :cuss horror story. It’s fething creepy as hell and a bloodbath.

So conclusion being Sek is dead, the Tanith are now essentially Gaunt’s honour guard Regiment and the Saint is kind of comatose as she recovers from injuries sustained in the novel or rather recharging after using a lot of her power.

Probably shouldn't have read this, but I really really REALLY can not wait to get my hands on the book now.

• 2 weeks later...

Read this in it's entirity yesterday. As @Angel_of_Blood says parts of it are a straight up horror show, I literally couldn't put it down but wanted to read through my fingers at the same time! (In part it's creepy and others just soul destroying!)

I took the decision to re-read the whole Victory arc before getting on to Anarch, and I can highly recommend this approach.  As Abnett has said, the Victory arc is so interconnected that it enhanced my read of Anarch by having the plot details from Blood Pact onwards fresh in my mind.

Roll on the next arc! (After Penitent, Interceptor City and the Horus Heresy)

PS. at the Weekender, Abnett mentioned that he had an idea of a GG spin off featuring a pair of characters.  Does anyone who has read Anarch have an idea who they might be?