Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seige of Terra series news

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Angel_of_Blood

Angel_of_Blood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts
From the weekender:

8 novels(plus some novellas)
First novel: Solar War, released May 2019, also a limited edition in March 2019
All novels will have a limited edition, then regular.
Will likely run till 2022.
Dan Abnett also said he would be writing the final novel of the series.

Edited by Angel_of_Blood, 04 November 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• Kinstryfe, Huggtand, Orwell84 and 5 others like this

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 499 posts

From the weekender:

8 novels(plus some novellas)
First novel: Solar War, released May 2019, also a limited edition in March 2019
All novels will have a limited edition, then regular.
Will likely run till 2022.
Dan Abnett also said he would be writing the final novel of the series.

Everything about this pleases me. The length is reasonable, the edition gap is small, novellas to tie up the smaller loose ends, and Dan gets to wrap things up. The hype begins.

• DukeLeto69 likes this

Ranwulf

Ranwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 944 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Space Wolves

Dan Abnett will write the last book of the series.

Ah yiiiesssss.

Ran

• DukeLeto69 likes this
"You must know your enemy to defeat them, Colonel"
Captain Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company.

"I CONTROL THE WORLD ITSELF! BEHOLD AS YOUR SOLDIERS FALL UNDER HIS MIGHTY JAW!"
Torin, Master of Runes of the Space Wolves.

Grey Angel

Grey Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 91 posts
Dan won the monkey knife fight!😊
  • Ashur likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 880 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Brace yourself, ADB worshippers are coming.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,284 posts
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Spoiler

lajetee.jpg

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,933 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Kim Newman doing 40K? Intrigued

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 499 posts

We're hoping for him on the Eternity Gate anyway.

Spoiler

Looks like a nice homage to that old bit of artwork with Bill King's siege story.

• DukeLeto69 likes this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,329 posts
  • Faction: BotL: XXth Legion - Predators
Quite a lot incoming.

I agree that the mentioned schedule of the siege looks decent and reasonable enough for me. Especially as every loose end seems to get a treatment.

And hell yeah to French's Solar War and Dan covering the very last one!
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts

We're hoping for him on the Eternity Gate anyway.

Spoiler

Looks like a nice homage to that old bit of artwork with Bill King's siege story.

That is one beautiful piece of art. Assume that is the cover for Solar War?

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,269 posts

Edit: Finally, SIGISMUND!

Edited by LordValrak, 04 November 2018 - 06:38 PM.

• Sete and veterannoob like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Executioners Chapter  happy.png

Amun Ra

Amun Ra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 71 posts

Kim Newman doing 40K? Intrigued

Just a reprint of his old Wfb stuff no? Will be picking up Drachenfels. Love that book.

Tymell

Tymell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 530 posts

Interesting stuff!

Part of me wants the big finale sooner than 2022, but I realise that's due to being spoilt by the rapid schedule of the last few years. If we're looking at 8 novels, plus probably an anthology or two, that still works out at around 3 books a year, plus no doubt some novellas and shorts. And it's important they do this right. John French kicking it off and Dan Abnett getting to wrap it up are major good steps in that direction, I'd say. It just feels right for Dan to wrap it up, and even though I find he often suffers from rushed endings, I'm also hopeful that this might not suffer so much from that since the whole book will be a wrap up for the entire series.

There's also the question of who the other 6 novel authors will be (though I'm sure others will get to make contributions of some kind). Based on past and recent work in the series, I'd assume the major contenders are ADB, Chris Wraight, Nick Kyme, Gav Thorpe, Guy Haley, James Swallow, Graham McNeill and David Annandale. But you never know, they might also throw us a curveball in there.

Edited by Tymell, 04 November 2018 - 08:35 PM.

• Roomsky likes this
---------------------------
(On-going) HH project, characters, timeline points, ships - https://sites.google...ellsheresy/home

Feel free to PM in case of missing info or sudden but inevitable errors!

Angel_of_Blood

Angel_of_Blood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 124 posts

ADB certainly is writing one. It doesn't sound like Annandale is though. As he said his story Spear of Ultramar is like his swan song out of the series. 

• Roomsky likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,138 posts
Interesting, sounds like Sigismunds traitor killing rampage is going to start off nice and early :D
  • Black Orange and veterannoob like this

animal310

animal310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

ADB certainly is writing one. It doesn't sound like Annandale is though. As he said his story Spear of Ultramar is like his swan song out of the series. 

Do you know how many siege prequels there are and who are writing them? We know two obviously but I'm sure I read somewhere that there are going to be four. Dreadwing was originally going to be written by Dan Abnett if I remember correctly.

Delighted that Dan is writing the last book. 

One last thing did they say if the will be any further stories set during the Heresy going forward once the siege series has ended? 

Punishing Pete

Punishing Pete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 492 posts
Please don’t let Annandale near this. I’m very happy with all the others mentioned and definitely delighted that Dans finishing it off, it would be wrong for it to be anyone else. I doubt any of the others would have accepted it without Dan saying he didn’t want to do it.

John French’s video was a treat. I’m happy enough with 8 books, probably would have wanted less and a quicker finish than 2022 as I’m keen to move on from the heresy but it’s better than I expected. John mentions maps, I hope we get some lovely maps, I love maps, we don’t get enough of them in 40k.
  • Prot likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,674 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Abaddon being one of the major characters in JF's book? Yes! Finally, he's going to get the attention he deserves in the HH, with more (probably?) to come throughout the Siege of Terra series.

I'd have much preferred Abnett not do the finishing novel, to be frank, but I suppose he did start it off so it's hard to begrudge him his moment, even if I think there are numerous authors who would do a far better job.

So far everything in French's video sounds great, and so I eagerly await the first novel. Fingers crossed that the Limited Edition doesn't cost a ridiculous amount and is priced roughly in line with Lords of Silence/the Primarch series etc.

• Black Orange, DarkChaplain and bluntblade like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Roomsky

Roomsky

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 499 posts

This seems like the way to do it for the less popular authors. A novella-length capper to their own stories is a non-intrusive way for their fans to get some closure, for their detractors to ignore, and so we don't get too many plots bleeding into the mainline novels. If it ends up giving more talent like Guymer an opportunity to contribute, all the better.

My money's on Arik Taranis slumming it, Vulkan defending the webway, and Graham Mcneill writing about how the Graham Mcneill pet characters somehow manage to end up in the same room together.

Edited by Roomsky, 04 November 2018 - 10:41 PM.

• Black Orange, DarkChaplain, Orwell84 and 1 other like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,329 posts

"Ahriman?"

"Forrix?!"

"The heck are you doing here?"

"I could ask you-what the...?!"

*Fulgrim enters the room*

"ALL ABOARD THE LOVE TRAIN!"

Edited by Kelborn, 04 November 2018 - 11:06 PM.

• mc warhammer, Roomsky, R_F_D and 1 other like this
tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_193556.jpg  tn_gallery_87379_12273_86064.png

Brotherhood of the Lost: XXth Legiones Astartes, the Predators http://www.bolterand...-the-predators/
Brotherhood of the Lost - The Icarion Insurrection: http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,560 posts

Didn't Nykona, Lucius and Yasu Nagasena get their invitations in time?

• mc warhammer and Roomsky like this

Kelborn

Kelborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,329 posts

Already on board.

Just as planned...

• mc warhammer and veterannoob like this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts

here i am. But I think that it is the best way that Dan ending what he has started.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 585 posts

Interesting, sounds like Sigismunds traitor killing rampage is going to start off nice and early biggrin.png

YESSSSS

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
Yes! Abnett is my #1 choice to finish it and it is very fitting. Horus Rising started it all and was brilliant. I would be disappointed if it wasn’t him. I have a great feeling about the entire series and French’s novel sounds exciting. Sigismund, Loken, and Abaddon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users