Seige of Terra series news

About Guy is that I would say it is both quality and quantity in my book. While Wraight, ADB, French, and Abnett can do no wrong in my book, Haley is not very far and I have really enjoyed everything he has put out.

As for Seige do we think all 8 books will get the LE treatment? Got the first one and definitely will get the last. I can’t imagine they would make all eight like this.

About Guy is that I would say it is both quality and quantity in my book. While Wraight, ADB, French, and Abnett can do no wrong in my book, Haley is not very far and I have really enjoyed everything he has put out.

As for Seige do we think all 8 books will get the LE treatment? Got the first one and definitely will get the last. I can’t imagine they would make all eight like this.

I don't know, why wouldn't they? They're doing all the Primarchs books as limited edition.

Admittedly, I'm no more interested in LE of the Siege than I am the Primarchs books. But it seems plenty of people are.

I'm torn on Haley's rapid output, for a rather selfish reason: BL is keeping him so busy, it's putting a serious dent in his original works, all of which I greatly enjoyed. But damn me, he really does manage to marry quantity with quality like few authors ever could. I'm stoked for his Siege contribution. What are the chances of him tackling Perturabo a good bit?

The paperback for The Solar War is now listed on Amazon for November 26, by the by. Judging by the price, it'll remain in large format.

I'm torn on Haley's rapid output, for a rather selfish reason: BL is keeping him so busy, it's putting a serious dent in his original works, all of which I greatly enjoyed. But damn me, he really does manage to marry quantity with quality like few authors ever could. I'm stoked for his Siege contribution. What are the chances of him tackling Perturabo a good bit?

The paperback for The Solar War is now listed on Amazon for November 26, by the by. Judging by the price, it'll remain in large format.

Agreed. Titandeath and Dark Imperium were pretty good, but I didn't think they were even close to Dante/Devastation of Baal, Perturabo, or his Ork stories.

I've given up on ever getting any of the LE books. As lovely as they are, and as much as not having some of the LE short stories kills me, I just can't justify the price.

Edited by Jareddm

I found something very interesting.

The Horus Heresy: Siege of Terra: Book 2 by Guy Haley- release date October for the regular hardcover.

He said on Twitter a while back that he was signing 2750 sheets for a new LE. Increase in print run?

That's already been confirmed to be happening, all 8 will get the LE treatment.

I really hope each book will be written by a different author.  As much as I love Haley (he is my 3rd favorite BL author), I'd prefer not to see his name appear twice (or more) on this octology of unparalleled greatness; it will be asymmetrical and makes the collection on the shelf look cringey.

Well, its safe to say John French, ADB, Dan Abnett, Guy Haley, Gav Thorpe, Graham Mcneil and Chris Wraight will all get 1. Leaves 1 for another author or for one of those. There's also James Swallow, which i woudnt mind at all (though fron the buried dagger topic i see many would). 

On another note when are the Solar War LE expected to arrive? I just want to read some non spoiler reviews, already pre ordered mine from my national amazon, probably got some 2 and a half months to wait :sad.: edit: ALSO the dramatis personae would be awesome, gimme alexis polux plzz

Edited by Wulfburk

Well, its safe to say John French, ADB, Dan Abnett, Guy Haley, Gav Thorpe, Graham Mcneil and Chris Wraight will all get 1. Leaves 1 for another author or for one of those. There's also James Swallow, which i woudnt mind at all (though fron the buried dagger topic i see many would). 

On another note when are the Solar War LE expected to arrive? I just want to read some non spoiler reviews, already pre ordered mine from my national amazon, probably got some 2 and a half months to wait :sad.: edit: ALSO the dramatis personae would be awesome, gimme alexis polux plzz

Nick Kyme?  Someone's gotta do something with Vulkan waiting alone, down in the basement, doing nothing.  

I got drunk and ordered a copy on the New Zealand GW site; to be delivered to my uncle.

Then I was bad and ordered a copy from the NZ site to my house in the UK- no idea if it’ll be honoured, but I’ve got all the other HH limited editions, and I’ll be damned if I don’t get this...

You, sir, are a true gentleman.

I heard from someone on here that David Annandale had indicated he wasn't writing a novel for the Siege (he also wasn't present at the final planning meeting). My money would probably be on Nick Kyme for the other. Yes, he's not generally popular on here, but he has contributed a lot of works to the series.

As I remember many short stories and audiodramas (novellas?) were promised. So, one or even two books could be anthologies.

I believe there will be some anthologies, but I doubt any of those 8 will be such. They were put forward as novels, and it would seem a bit off to cut out the novel contribution of an author when there are so many who have worked on this series so far.

You, sir, are a true gentleman.

Just a drunken fool who is far too invested in having a ‘complete’ collection...

I cancelled the other orders having secured my own via the GW website and am now listening to Titandeath at a much faster pace than I’d originally wanted to in order to catch up before I get my hands on the Solar War

It's a good team. Haley doing two seems almost certain but besides French doing the first one, I think he also did a lot of the 'worldbuilding' for Terra and the cultures of the solar system, both in prep for Praetorian of Dorn and (I think, it's hard to trace what was his work and what was Alan Bligh's and other's) in the FW black books, stuff like the Selenar gene-cults. Gives him a bit of a leg up and might make two books to his name plausible.

Even without Graham McNeill, they still manage to be predominantly bald and bearded...