Seige of Terra series news

Yeah my money on Haley and French to write two each. ADB will take full two years to write his. Abnett will squeeze his in amongst his other 20 live projects. Lol I jest!

Surprised no Graham McNeil. While his writing is hit n miss it seems wrong he is not involved!

Just checking... have BL been explicit there will be 8 NOVELS and not 8 BOOKS (which could include anthologies)?

Kinda weird no Graham Mcneill yah, he's the one that has the most novels, 8, in the series!

Not sure i like the title of haley's book, The lost and the damned, seems too generic. But its just a nitpick, im sure the book itself will be amazing :)

As much as I understand people's desire to have McNeil in the Siege given both his involvement in the opening series and his heavy featuring throughout, my personal opinion is thankful not to see his name among the six. His last several novels have all been dreadfully lacking in my opinion and his overall writing style always felt like it never grew out of what Black Library novels used to be back in the early 2000s.

Yeah my money on Haley and French to write two each. ADB will take full two years to write his. Abnett will squeeze his in amongst his other 20 live projects. Lol I jest!

Surprised no Graham McNeil. While his writing is hit n miss it seems wrong he is not involved!

Just checking... have BL been explicit there will be 8 NOVELS and not 8 BOOKS (which could include anthologies)?

Yeah, I'm also surprised at no McNeill, given how much he's contributed. But, as others say, his works can be hit and miss, he's not really "top tier" for me. I'm happy with this line-up.

I don't think BL have -explicitly- said "This will be 8 novels and not a mix of novels and anthologies", but I believe they -have- specifically said "8 novels" as opposed to "8 books".

So I could see it going either way: could just be BL being a bit sloppy with how they refer to it, and having it be 6 novels + 2 anthologies, or it could be that some authors are doing 2 books (of which my money would be on French and Haley).

Like I said in the other thread in news and rumors, I’m surprised that McNeill isn’t writing one of the last eight books. Disappointed also, I suppose I’m one of the few who has consistently enjoyed all his HH writing.

I am not particularly looking forward to Thorpe’s novel to be honest. With the exception of Weregild his stories are among the weakest in the series to me. I will hold out hope he crushed this novel the way he did Warbeast for AoS.

Like I said in the other thread in news and rumors, I’m surprised that McNeill isn’t writing one of the last eight books. Disappointed also, I suppose I’m one of the few who has consistently enjoyed all his HH writing.

I am not particularly looking forward to Thorpe’s novel to be honest. With the exception of Weregild his stories are among the weakest in the series to me. I will hold out hope he crushed this novel the way he did Warbeast for AoS.

I agree, I liked McNeill as well. Not in my pentad of Wraight, ADB, Abnett, Haley and French but his writing is solid and I have enjoyed most of his stuff. 

Ok according to twitter chats etc defo 8 NOVELS so my money does go on French and Haley to write 2 each especially as they are first two on the schedule.

Saying that Dan Abnett in an interview did say he was writing 2 HH books. Many believe that means he is doing a Primarch book but not so sure...

For my taste would prefer French & Abnett get the 2 books (sorry Haley - find your style a bit dry and almost codex fluff like).

Hell what am I saying... if Abnett does write 2 HH SOT books then that likely delays Penitent once again gggrrrrrr

Sweet...and there we have it for authors.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/20/20th-mar-siege-of-terra-meet-the-authorsgw-homepage-post-2/

Overall great line-up for authors...no complaints on my end! Also does anyone know when the Solar Wars LE ships?  I could't find the date. 

Also, "From Book 2 onwards, the limited editions will be available exclusively on the Games Workshop webstore – and they’ll be limited to one per order, to ensure everyone gets the best chance to get their hands on a copy. In addition, there are some copies of the limited edition left over after the website issues – and there will be a second chance to get your hands on them in May, when the hardback, eBook and MP3 audiobook formats are also released."

I like the part about one per order...the ebay struggle is real.

Also book 2:"Well, we are thrilled to reveal that Guy Haley will be bringing you book two, under the ominous and foreboding title The Lost and the Damned,and it’ll be coming your way later in 2019."

I love how of all the profile pictures, Chris Wraight is sitting like Da Boss that he is! I do feel like Abnett will end it with with the way it is written. Which is awesome!

Edited by Izlude

I do feel like Abnett will end it with the way it is written. Which is awesome!

He must.  

I will also prefer if Aximand dies there, at the hands of Loken, rather than in book one as people seem to be thinking Sigismund will be his killer.

John French is surely doing a second novel. So that leaves one other author to write a second one.

I mentioned Haley back in December but ADB seemed to say my list still wasn't right. So of the others, who else would do two novels?

I don't thimk Thorpe gets another. ADB? Nah. Wraight? Possibly but I don't think he'll have time to to do two. Nope, don't believe it.

It's either Haley, or Abnett surprising us all with not one but two novels.

The photos of the lads (not a progressive lady in sight) all look a little rare. Apart from CW who looks like he is about to read you a story.

Haley looks exhausted, obviously. The man must survive on red bull and mars bars.

Frenchie and Bowden are mirroring each other’s poses... it’s a little creepy....

And Abnett must have been smoking some fine old herb, I do like his glasses though...

I do feel like Abnett will end it with the way it is written. Which is awesome!

He must.

I will also prefer if Aximand dies there, at the hands of Loken, rather than in book one as people seem to be thinking Sigismund will be his killer.

It will be a mutual kill with the two Sons of Horus

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Loken and Garro are two of the first matyrs?

was really looking forward to storm of iron on steroids from mcneill and seeing forrix and the boys in action at the palace walls 

sad face dot gif

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mcneill (and probably Kyme) get a novella as well, I believe at least 2 more were confirmed? Plenty of time for some Mcneill-grade Iron Warriors action. Considering he's a bit more of a contentious author these days, a peripheral story might be for the best, in either case. (I'm not of the opinion full-novel slots are owed because of contribution density)

I really hope French gets 2. The man has a hard time doing wrong by my book.

I don't know if I necessarily think that will happen, though we should probably be prepared after what happened in PoD. I would certainly like it to, I've always found the unexpected match ups throughout the series (Dorn v Alpharius, ADB's Curze v Lion, etc) far more interesting. Also Siggy taking his head off would assassinate that Vengeful Spirit shields theory I'm so obsessively opposed to.

That said, I'd hardly be upset to see Abnett handle it. (I hardly be upset if Abnett handled anything, tbh)

Edited by Roomsky

Don't forget that Tormageddon is conspicuously absent from the dramatis personae. Perhaps he will be Loken's big encounter during the Siege and Aximand's fate is to die at the hands of Sigismund, never once stepping foot on the soil of Holy Terra. The Tormageddon/Loken connection is at least as strong, if not stronger, than the Aximand/Loken connection. I'm keen to find out either way. :P

Don't forget that Tormageddon is conspicuously absent from the dramatis personae. Perhaps he will be Loken's big encounter during the Siege and Aximand's fate is to die at the hands of Sigismund, never once stepping foot on the soil of Holy Terra. The Tormageddon/Loken connection is at least as strong, if not stronger, than the Aximand/Loken connection. I'm keen to find out either way. :P

Just wondering which SoH officer becomes Drecarth the Sightless post-Heresy

Betting on either Aximand or Tybalt Marr

Why would it be either of them? I really doubt Aximand survives the Heresy, and there's no need for every single notable character post-Heresy to have been an important character pre-Heresy. It's tiresome. Drecarth is a footnote in a couple of codex publications, and was probably just "Drecarth the junior captain" or "Drecarth the sergeant" in the Sons of Horus.

This, much like how Thagus Daravek is currently just Bozo 214 in the DG at this stage.

I'd thought the whole point of the pre-BL era was that not only had the Primarchs slipped into the distance, but the Legions' great Astartes had too. Abaddon was absence and the Blessed 4 all had their own agendas, while Ahriman was outright exiled.

Aximand and Loken did already meet again and fight at the end of Vengeful Spirit. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a shock early death at the hands of Sigismund. The theory of him being the one to lower the shields was always deeply lame. It should be Horus as the long established canon makes good thematic sense. If it's not broken don't change it too much.

• 2 weeks later...