Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seige of Terra series news

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,508 posts

It's a good team. Haley doing two seems almost certain but besides French doing the first one, I think he also did a lot of the 'worldbuilding' for Terra and the cultures of the solar system, both in prep for Praetorian of Dorn and (I think, it's hard to trace what was his work and what was Alan Bligh's and other's) in the FW black books, stuff like the Selenar gene-cults. Gives him a bit of a leg up and might make two books to his name plausible.

Even without Graham McNeill, they still manage to be predominantly bald and bearded...

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 645 posts
Yeah my money on Haley and French to write two each. ADB will take full two years to write his. Abnett will squeeze his in amongst his other 20 live projects. Lol I jest!

Surprised no Graham McNeil. While his writing is hit n miss it seems wrong he is not involved!

Just checking... have BL been explicit there will be 8 NOVELS and not 8 BOOKS (which could include anthologies)?

Manchu warlord

Manchu warlord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts
Sad, Sar McNeill won't be doing any...

Christ Wraight looks Badass sitting on that couch.

Edited by Manchu warlord, Today, 02:26 PM.

Insult me again, brother, and theoretically I will punch you in your practical face.

Wulfburk

Wulfburk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Kinda weird no Graham Mcneill yah, he's the one that has the most novels, 8, in the series!

Not sure i like the title of haley's book, The lost and the damned, seems too generic. But its just a nitpick, im sure the book itself will be amazing :)

Jareddm

Jareddm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
As much as I understand people's desire to have McNeil in the Siege given both his involvement in the opening series and his heavy featuring throughout, my personal opinion is thankful not to see his name among the six. His last several novels have all been dreadfully lacking in my opinion and his overall writing style always felt like it never grew out of what Black Library novels used to be back in the early 2000s.
  • fire golem, LetsYouDown, mr.crusader and 1 other like this

Tymell

Tymell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Yeah my money on Haley and French to write two each. ADB will take full two years to write his. Abnett will squeeze his in amongst his other 20 live projects. Lol I jest!

Surprised no Graham McNeil. While his writing is hit n miss it seems wrong he is not involved!

Just checking... have BL been explicit there will be 8 NOVELS and not 8 BOOKS (which could include anthologies)?

Yeah, I'm also surprised at no McNeill, given how much he's contributed. But, as others say, his works can be hit and miss, he's not really "top tier" for me. I'm happy with this line-up.

I don't think BL have -explicitly- said "This will be 8 novels and not a mix of novels and anthologies", but I believe they -have- specifically said "8 novels" as opposed to "8 books".

So I could see it going either way: could just be BL being a bit sloppy with how they refer to it, and having it be 6 novels + 2 anthologies, or it could be that some authors are doing 2 books (of which my money would be on French and Haley).

• Wulfburk likes this
---------------------------
(On-going) HH project, characters, timeline points, ships - https://sites.google...ellsheresy/home

Feel free to PM in case of missing info or sudden but inevitable errors!

caladancid

caladancid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
Like I said in the other thread in news and rumors, I’m surprised that McNeill isn’t writing one of the last eight books. Disappointed also, I suppose I’m one of the few who has consistently enjoyed all his HH writing.

I am not particularly looking forward to Thorpe’s novel to be honest. With the exception of Weregild his stories are among the weakest in the series to me. I will hold out hope he crushed this novel the way he did Warbeast for AoS.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

fire golem, Grey Angel, LJF