Seige of Terra series news

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interview with Chris Wraight went up about a week ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Caqq0jwSY

A nice touch is when Wraight says they felt under no compunction to make sure the details of the siege matched up exactly to how they are thought of in 40k. I suppose we see that in Carrion Throne when the inquisitor doesn't even recognise the (already wildly mythologised) sculptural depiction of Mortarion. He does follow that up by emphasising that this doesn't mean they have to make sudden surprise changes re: events, which is a good thing to head off at the pass.

Wraight also notes that the taking of the Lion's Gate is going to be the Khan's time to shine, his big moment beyond his role in the heresy scars books, which he thought of as more about Shiban and Yesugei. Sounds cool

I'd love to get some form of confrontation between Khan and Fulgrim, though I think Mort is the likelier candidate

Wasn’t Khan vs Fulgrim confirmed at some point?

Looking forward his contribution. Gonna safe some money to get the LE, 'cause Scars <3

Is it safe to say that the order of interviewed authors = the order of releases? That'd make Chris' fourth or fifth, right?

Is it safe to say that the order of interviewed authors = the order of releases? That'd make Chris' fourth or fifth, right?

It certainly fits with what we know so far (i.e. French first, Haley second, probably Thorpe third, no Abnett yet), though presumably the doubled-up author books will slot in there somewhere.

If I was hazarding a guess:

French (2019)

Haley (2019)

Thorpe (2020)

Wraight (2020)

Haley (2021)

ADB (2021)

French (2022)

Abnett (2022)

Plus some anthologies in there somewhere.

Edited by Tymell

Khan and Mortarion i am interested in. a confrontation vs Fulgrim i think will be harder to do justice with without falling into fanservicey putdown of now disposable daemon prince antagonist. I trust Wraight more than most to pull it off tbf, but the way the Khan has been written it'll not take much to tip him over from well-realised understands the universe and its dangers more than most primarch into all knowing mary sue .

Edited by Fedor

Not saying it will happen...but snakeboy needs to be humbled

Khan has to do it and if he does, I will absolutely love every second of it.

Khan and Fulgrim wound each other, Loyalist Emperor Titan sacrifices itself to save Khan (Fulgrim is much faster and has more magical abilities as well as being tougher than Mortarion)

We've already had Perturabo suckerpunching him into a bloody pulp and Lorgar binding him against his will to return to the conflict so the humblings are there. I have a feeling Khan is going to banish him and that will have a big impact on the Emperors Children abandoning the siege. just hope it's creatively done, the time for a straight up swordfight between these two having the weight Scars hinted at or making much combat sense has passed.

Mortarion killing the Khan though....

That i do think has potential and has been foreshadowed by Wraight. For all that Jaghatai's considered outlook on the Warp and Imperium was arguably the most right and noble of all his brothers, and regardless of how spot on his scathing comments against Mortarion on Prospero were, it will matter little in the face of the kind of ill-gotten power Mortarion is now saturated in. That kind of end is pure 30/40k to me. That and Lorgar getting turned into a spawn :biggrin.:

Edited by Fedor

Khan banishing Fulgrim and the ECs go into a anarchic, raiding mode? Yes

Lorgar turning into a spawn or secretly being dealt with by whomever? Yes

Khan getting killed? Though I love some typicall 30/40K darkness, I honestly don't want him to die :/

I was a little bummed that when The Khan’s profile in the BL book came out and by all the indications of the rules and mathhammer, all caveats regarding that in mind, he wouldn’t really come out on top of Fulgrim.

The Scars have such a badass reputation, I hope they shine in fiction and maybe the future rules to come.

The imagery of the stoic Warhawk being a perfect foil to the hubristic Phoenician, is to me, just oozing goodness.

Not sure how much the fluff would really support it though. Descended Fulgrim is one BAMF

It will be interesting to see how the Khan's innings with Fulgrim compares to that of his brother Guilliman. Dark Imperium made it abundantly clear that Guilliman's battle against Fulgrim was woefully one sided. Unless Fulgrim does some serious levelling up following the siege i would expect the Khan to struggle every bit as much.

Khan banishing Fulgrim and the ECs go into a anarchic, raiding mode? Yes

Lorgar turning into a spawn or secretly being dealt with by whomever? Yes

Khan getting killed? Though I love some typicall 30/40K darkness, I honestly don't want him to die :/

I like the idea of Vulkan being the "whomever".  Lorgar could find a way to sneak through the Webway, only to find the Lord of Drakes waiting for him.

If the Khan does indeed "banish" Fulgrim.  I just hope it isn't due to the Mongol King simply besting (the daemonic, serpentine, four-armed, super speed and strength) Fulgrim in a fair duel.  But rather, for Fulgrim to be overconfident, the Khan to have the upperhand and may perhaps receive aid from elsewhere.