Upcoming Event 1,500 pts Tanksgiving

9x19 Parabellum

Congratulations 9x19! I'm glad you had both fun and success with your list :)
Didn't you get the picture of that wreck by any chance? From your description, it must have been fantastic!
And +1 from me to continue with the story! :D

Regarding the bit about marking up the codex and "why it was important"; I was originally going to tell a second anecdote (and in fact I started to in Post #22 of this thread) about the guy's behavior and smugness regarding "I play against Blood Angels all the time so I know what I'm talking about" but decided against it. (If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.)  My comments/perspective on that would have been very subjective at best, and none of it is truly germaine to the conversation and battle reports.

I'll try to post Game #3 today if I have time, although for whatever reasons the details of that game are less specific to me.

Congratulations 9x19! I'm glad you had both fun and success with your list :smile.:
Didn't you get the picture of that wreck by any chance? From your description, it must have been fantastic!
And +1 from me to continue with the story! :biggrin.:

I did not get a pic of the wreck, no, but it's still at the store, so If I remember, I'll try to get one. 

ME: "Yeah. This is my working codex, and I also have the collector's edition Blood Angels which is NOT marked up."

(you'll see why this is important later.)

Did I miss why this was important? Having a marked and non marked codex?

Guys sounds like an ass. I'm generally not too argumentative, but I'll argue a wrong rule, and enforce RAW if my opponent starts being pedantic. 

I don't disagree, but technically speaking, wasn't he right? (You Heroically Intervene at the end of the charge phase, after the opposing player has completed all charge moves.)  If you forget to do it until the beginning of the Fight Phase, isn't he within his rights to deny you?

Now, don't get me wrong, we/I usually play with a bit of wiggle/fudge, especially if the thing one is asking to fudge meets two conditions:

1. Nothing has happened to give the player more pertinent knowledge than he would have had at the time of the thing to be fudged.  "Oh I forgot to declare my Stormraven's shooting with my Lascannons, I'm going to target that Devilfish WAAAAY over there, even though the Stormstrike missiles were against this Riptide right in front of me but since my Predator Annhilator blew up that Riptide I can't target it anymore..."

2. The details/time of the fudge don't go so far back that the history of what would have/needed to have happened are fuzzy. 

Archived