The Children of the King in Yellow

Cognative

I really dig how you paint yellow! However, there might be contrast issues if the robes/clothing are same color as purestrain skin. Too much bright yellow and it all blurs together.

I haven't gotten around to testing a purestrain yet but this is a concern I have. I'll cross that bridge which I get there I guess!

I wanted orange tyranids at first and then I realized I had a similar problem with my cult’s orange clothing. Everything looked same-y.

Might not take much to differentiate the yellows, maybe highlight or wash the robes differently, or slightly modify the skintone on the hybrids.

This is interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this

My Necromunda Gang and basis of my upcoming GS Army is The Court of the Yellow King.

My yellow is more mustardy and dusty however, and the genestealers themselves will be pure black, a la xenomorphs to reflect them being tunnel monsters.

I only have one squad of Neophytes, eight stealers and acolyte hybrids painted up so far.

Waiting in the wings I have two more Neophyte squads, the Tooth and Claw set, another 20(!) stealers and a Hellhound and a Baneblade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...