Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++On the Breaking of Worlds - walking the eightfold Path++

chaos xin ceithan 40k 30k Death Guard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
  • Faction: The Obsidian Coil, XXth Legio

Chaos.

It has been called the Primordial Truth.

As it turns out, that is quite accurate. For me, at least. 

Since joining the B&C, I have dabbled in other..Things. I have tried to upkeep clever Project logs.  

I have spread my painting across Sub Forums. And left them there as the Things from beyond the Veil vied for my attention again.

I have dipped my toes into Mechanicus…

gallery_66914_8104_132861.jpg

and  it goes dark… 

gallery_66914_8104_221021.jpg

I still think it needs more Spikes.

and gets sidelined by other Things. Mostly spikey Things.

Chaos. It happens to my painting table. Quite frequently.

gallery_66914_10128_62151.jpg

And all this crazy stuff lately. Necromunda. Titanicus. 

I even tried my Hand at Shadow War. Shadow War Badab. It has traitors. Well, almost…

gallery_66914_8104_309788.jpg

Then Chaos happens. Sooner or later, the B&C will issue the Call. And everything  turns dark and spikey. Again. 

gallery_66914_10128_507769.jpg

gallery_66914_10128_79674.jpg

So, let the great Purge return my derelict blog attempts to be dissolved by the Primordial Annihilator.

From now on, I shall channel my otherwordly painting efforts in  this ongoing Prayer thread as i walk the Eightfold Path...

and as the Great Wheel turns and the Eye opens,  

Let the Galaxy burn!

Shudder at what is coming ….

gallery_66914_8104_845241.jpg

• firestorm40k, Kizzdougs, Pearson73 and 1 other like this
<p>Call_of_Chaos_7_Banner_01c.jpg;<p>Call_of_Chaos_9_Banner_01b.jpg

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

No one remains pure for ever, brother, the Gods mark us all. 

A really nice range of models there, I particularly like the chainfist/flamer of the terminator lord; the metallic painting of the Maulerfiend and the Ogre conversion.

Looking forward to seeing more.

• Xin Ceithan likes this

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts

Bit of "Road to Killteam" update here…

With Killteam just around  the Corner back then  and the Shadow War Badab Competition some time ago, I thought that it was a good opportunity to get some painting going again…

I also wanted to look into a few ideas for the Primaris in the DI box but -as usual- drifted between several chapters. Having the Option to choose from the current  and RT era Colours didn`t help. In the end, I thought Executioners too "lazy" for a Competition (i like doing metals) and Carcharadons too daunting. The fact that there are several quite impressive versions of both chapters around the board already came into Play here also. (e.g. Malchy`s White Faces and Valrak`s lot), So, I was determined to look into Mantis Warriors.

As usual, I got in way over head - especially after I developed the idea of combining both heraldries. My idea was to use the current Colours on the warplate and have the Tranquility pattern camo on, well, camo cloaks. Thus I aimed at creating a small killteam made  from Tranquility Veterans. 

gallery_66914_8104_168050.jpg

I seriously underestimated greenstuffing camo cloaks -  which made me fail the Deadline. It vastly increased my meagre GS skills however, which will feature in my take of Pox Walkers later on.

gallery_66914_8104_738028.jpg

The pics are not great. I did themmostly to referenceprogress and get some overview.  I still like the idea and may use it on some Primaris some day. 

gallery_66914_8104_437933.jpg

They are also a bit too Astra Militarum in those hushed Colours to my taste....

gallery_66914_8104_876518.jpg

Still, I got some nice experience with this shade of green from something called "Mecha Colour". It didn`t quite turn out to be the Vibrant green I was after for the Mantis Warriors,

but it feels just for my Death Guard... 

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,169 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

I'd definitely say Chaos has its hooks into. As someone who played Warmachine for a while, there's a bit too much helljack in that magos conversion for my taste, but everything else looks great. May I humbly suggest an alternative for your cloaks?

• Xin Ceithan likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Xin Ceithan

Xin Ceithan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
Thanks for the heads up . That is a really well done tutorial there, especially in regard to the folding of the fabric. I will certainly give it a try.

Actually, I think a lot of what kept me from finishing my Magos was that I felt it needed some robes but didn't want to drown the model in green stuff ;)

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,169 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Thanks, and I hope it's useful. I like the technique because it's much more forgiving than greenstuff and makes cloth much closer to scale thickness. 

• Xin Ceithan likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chaos, xin ceithan, 40k, 30k, Death Guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users