Abhuman Auxiliaries. (CFH wip-log)

Canadian_F_H

Well. I've mentioned it a few other places in the past year or two. I guess there is no point procrastinating now. I planned to build a renegades and heretics army to ally with my chaos marines (which are woefully in need of work themselves)

My idea was an old one, and I had seen a few decent examples over the years. Now apparently GW is putting out some models in the BSF box that are right in like with it. Specifically the beastmen in 40k.

I planned to use some gors and bestigors and the copious amount of bits from Imperial guard and chaos space marines. I was literally about to get started on a hand full of units when the BSF was revealed.

Anyways. I'll be getting started soon. Probably with an update this afternoon.

Stable. I've never been that big a fan of the random stuff honestly.

I had written up a while ago about some rogue magos biologist who created hybrids with human genomes spliced with colonial livestock genebanks. IDK if I'll stick with that. Might make it more of a "rumour/theory" and leave it more in the dark than that.

Stable. I've never been that big a fan of the random stuff honestly.

I had written up a while ago about some rogue magos biologist who created hybrids with human genomes spliced with colonial livestock genebanks. IDK if I'll stick with that. Might make it more of a "rumour/theory" and leave it more in the dark than that.

Sounds cool, relatively logical and 'realistic' by 40k standards. Looking forward to the results of your genetic meddling!

• 4 weeks later...

0debeGnm_o.png

Yeah. They look just a touch bigger. But you know, humans vary in height quite a bit. "normal" range for men is easily anywhere from 5'3" to 6'3" so a little divergence amongst a bunch of abhumans is just realism right?

I need to do a few of the "bestigors" too. I've got them started... I'll try to get a few of them done for more comparisons. They have a bit more armor, and they are bulkier than the gors I've converted so far... So more comparable to the BSF ones...

tho the bestigors cost about double what the gors cost... So keep that in mind. I only using them for the R&H comand squad for now.

This year I added a squad of beastmen to my R&H army. As you all noted, the models integrate very well.

Here are some beastmen with shotguns. They usually serve in 7th Squad as Mutant Rabble with shotguns.

29140827288_8381161e9d_b.jpg

In this photo, the beastmen of 7th Squad can be seen holding an objective in a game against Tyranids

40954435385_3b2d3d88c2_b.jpg

I've also added beastmen to my more elite unites. Beastman Logroth serves in 10th Squad, a Marauders squad

42294589374_7d127cbd72_b.jpg

Beastmen are definitely something to keep in mind when building an R&H army!

Archived