Kabal of the Dying Dawn

Siax

Hey guys!

I have for a long time played the bad guys of the 40K universe: Grey Knights and Guards, so now I wanted to switch things up a bit :-)

It began with the codex, and I have made myself a promise to follow rule of cool, since I play in a very non-competitive environment.

I actually bought a good portion to start my kabal/cult, but before I really got started, I bought some models, which were half painted and already assembled. That is why you will probably wonder why some units are orange, and some yellow, but I hope that I can make them somewhat uniform ;-)

To start of with I kit bashed an Archon Solaris Fellscreech and then painted her, and her trusty snake man Danger Noodle and female confidante Beatrice... well the last two names are just work-titles :-)

Rt0woy.jpg

I am going to incorporate my own scheme - the yellow one, and the scheme from the models I bought - the orange into one army:

BBUGSW.jpg

I hope this thread will motivate me to actually get this project finished, and everyone's input is much appreciated :-)

Funny you should ask, because I just put the finishing touches on my Cult color scheme :-)

It will be much darker than my kabal, but I am hoping that this way the acid/poison colors and the pale skin will stand out much more :-)

FXpnb5.jpg

Glad you liked the yellow and black - I worried it would look too much like Ulthwé. I know the snow is an old basing theme, but I think it works wonders for our space pirates - and its soo easy to get a good result :-)

Now I have started to work on a Raider, some Warriors and a Visarch Archon - all in the orange theme, which I have to stylize toward my own colors.

Hey guys, now I got around to finishing the remake of the Visarch Archon, I had bought.

He needed to be rebased, so the size fits, and then I have toned the model more over to the warm red/orange.

jjo1gL.jpg

Then I painted up a squad of warriors to fit his scheme. They were just primed red to begin with, but I am really starting to love this warm feel despite their sinister nature.

Here you can see the yellow theme alongside the other ones :-)

5efE1X.jpg

I am continuing my work on the raider, and I have slowly started work on my Scourges :-)

• 1 month later...

So the holidays are over, and I have made some progress on my Drukhari.

The project should end at about 2.000pts, and because of that, I need to paint a lot of vehicles... I grew up playing WFB, so I don't really enjoy them - good I chose Drukhari...

Well because of that, I treated myself and paused the Venom, Raider and Tantalus I have half painted, and decided to go Scourge!

ccGogO.jpg

I read a guide where you turn heat lances into Haywire look-a-likes, and I think they turned out great :-)

With them out of the way I need to get back to all those vehicles. I just snapped the flyer base for the Tantalus, so I need to think of something.

I know it is hard to see the army as a whole with all these colors going on, but I hope you can imagine them ending up like a ragtag mix of yellow/orange/red kabal, dark cults and I still need some kind of scheme for my future coven - any suggestions?

Hey guys! I am still trying to find the motivation to finish some of my vehicles. The Tantalus is still causing me problems, and then I found some of my Reavers...

kjIrCR.jpg

I just tried some colors, similar to those I painted the succubus in and I think the result is somewhat decent :-)

Now I really need to get that Tantalus done, so I can get on painting 2 Raiders, 1 Venom and 2 Ravagers...

Hey guys!

Thanks for the comments! It's funny how I have actually come to like the Haywire conversions more than the original... well I plan on doing a scourge unit with 4 shredders, so wit a few more kitsch I might be able to make 4 of the Heaf lance nodded ones :-)

Well the Tantalus is still giving me troubles, so I decided to paint up a Wych unit, while I wait for the glue for it's new stand to properly dry.

4ecDba.jpg

I threw the succubus in there just to make sure it look coherent. I know the hair is a bit whack, but I wanted something to stand out through all those dark colors.

I hope you like them, and I am looking forward to trying them on the field... I have a raider which I need to finish so they have a ride :-)

So the day arrived, and I have finally finished my Tantalus! :-)

I bought it from a guy who had painted it orange and blue, and I am trying to incorporate that scheme into my yellow and black... although I am considering to paint the blue parts black, to make it more coherent.

rTIouy.jpg

I think I am gonna try make some energy glow on the guns, to make them stand out more, but for the time being, it is pretty enough, that I could field it :-)

IPkMmM.jpg

I hope you like it, and every advice is much appreciated!

Now I am going to finish the Cult Part of my army I still got 10 more wyches and some reavers to paint :-)

Have a nice day guys!

Tanks guys! :-)

I would love to go crazy with some free hand, but everytime I try it, I end up with something that a 6-year old could have painted ;-)

Do you have any great tutorials, or do you guys use markers or something similar to make it precise?

It's a skill I would love to master, but I worry about me having patience for it ;-)

Heya guys!

While trying to not practice my freehand, I instead got around to finishing 6 of my Reavers. I actually bought 2 SC boxes for Drukhari, but I also got 3 bikes in my second hand purchase, but those three didn't have any bikers :-)

So I ended up with 4 bikes with actual riders, and two bikes, where I had to get creative... so I took 2 Wyches from one of my Venom kits, and positioned them as if they were to jump of their bikes and into the fray! I actually like this version a lot more than the static ones, but it would also look silly to have an entire unit looking like this ;-) I still have 3 bikes unassembled, but I will soon get around to painting them as well.

The three stock bikes:

HNBVmh.jpg

The ones I kitbashed:

vqFpz2.jpg

I need to paint a little bit of blood on one or two of the last ones, and with my new Tamiya Red Gloss Something-Something, blood is looking really fresh and nasty ;-)

Well I got to get back to my vehicles, and right now I have just finished spraying 2 raiders and 2 ravagers. I am doubting if I will ever need this amount of Raiders (3 in total), but it will be easier to do these similar models all in one go ;-)

Talk to you soon!

Archived