Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Evil Sunz.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions

Just after some thoughts on this list. Im going to an event in January and need to get it fairly competitive. Sick of recieving the kickings when playing Orks

Evil Sunz Brigade Detachment +12Cps

HQ

[120] Deffkilla Wartrike - Snagga Klaw, Super Cybork Body - Warlord: Speed Freek
[80] Big Mek - Shokk Attack Gun
[62] Warphead - Powers: Warpath, Da Jump

Troops
[215] 30 Boyz - Slugga & Choppa - Bossnob: Bigchoppa, Choppa
[75] 10 Boyz - Shoota - Bossnob: Bigchoppa, Choppa
[30] 10 Gretchin
[30] 10 Gretchin
[30] 10 Gretchin

Elite
[233] 6 Nobz on Warbikes - Slugga & Choppa - Bossnob: Bigchoppa, Choppa
[29] Mek - Choppa, Kustom Mega Slugga

Fast
[110] Megatrukk Scrapjet
[110] Megatrukk Scrapjet
[120] Shokkjump Dragsta

Heavy
[169] Bonebreaker - Deff Rolla, 2x Big Shoota
[169] Bonebreaker - Deff Rolla, 2x Big Shoota
[135] 3 Mek Gunz - 3x Traktor Kannons

Flyer
[179] Wazbom Blastajet - 2x Wazbomb Mega Kannons, Smasha Gun, 2x Supa Shootas, Kustom Force Field

Totals - 2000pts, 111PL, 15Cps 14Cps ( Warphead is -1)

So the idea is

Warphead used unless I think I may have issues getting powers off.
Shoota boys start in the Bonebreakers but bail asap and aim to hold the mid field. If I could get the +1, the characters deploy within too. If theres a juicy target go into the teleporta and try decimate a flank.
The Bikers run up front of the Deffkilla, the other buggies covering his flanks. Behind them all the Flyer hopefully giving them all a 5++
The Big Mek and Meks hang around with the Mek Guz, healing them when damaged

Thoughts guys?

Follow me on Twitter! (at)Soulshade_

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

I'm personally not big on Nob Bikers, even though I want to like them. I don't feel they're worth the point premium over normal bikes since you get a nob biker for free in each of those squads anyways. If I were to run them though (and I want to keep them cheap) I'd give them the dual choppa loadout which is legal in the new codex. The sluggas are nowhere near as efficient IMO. However, I realise they are in there at least in part to fill an Elite slot, so I guess my suggestion is dual choppas on the cheaper ones. Or normal bikes and a Nob squad in one of the bonebreakas.

Have you looked into the smasha mek gun? Unless you're facing stuff with multiple negative to hit modifiers it's a quite a bit stronger than the traktor kannon (even though the traktor is amazing). This is due to the fact that it's dumb cheap at 31 points.

Other than that it looks solid, obviously some changes might occur in Chapter Approved that might lead to some rethinking. But the Bonebreakas are amazing so they'll do work, especially coupled with the speed freek warlord trait as you've done. If you can find 4 points in the list then I like the grot oiler on the Big Mek, simply because it's an extra wound so he's more durable to sniper fire. Otherwise he's a juicy target for those guys, I mean he still is, but at least at bit less so..

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

So after feed back from here and some friends Im now at

HQ
[120] Deffkilla Wartrike - Snagga Klaw, Super Cybork Body - Warlord: Kunnin but Brutal
[80] Warboss  - Kustom Shoota, Power Klaw, Attack Squig

Troops
[30] 10 Gretchin
[30] 10 Gretchin
[30] 10 Gretchin

Elite
[77] Nob with Waaagh! Banner - Kustom Shoota

[163] 10 Nobz - 2x Big choppa & Choppa, 7x Choppa & Slugga - Boss Nob - Power Klaw & Choppa

[163] 10 Nobz - 2x Big choppa & Choppa, 7x Choppa & Slugga - Boss Nob - Power Klaw & Choppa

Fast
[110] Megatrukk Scrapjet
[110] Megatrukk Scrapjet
[120] Shokkjump Dragsta

Heavy

[159] Bonebreaker - Deff Rolla,

[159] Bonebreaker - Deff Rolla,
[93] 3 Mek Gunz - 3x  Smasha Gun

Transports

[64] Trukk - Bigshoota

[64] Trukk -Bigshoota

Totals

1999 pts, 15CPs, 123PL

So. Nobz and Warboss in the waggons, shoota boys in the trukks. Deploy. Use the WL trait to redeploy the Battlewaggons on one flank or into the teleporta.

Nobz and wagons on one flank. Buggies and Wartrike on the other. everything else holds the middle ground and guns for objectives.

Still think Im lacking some ranged anti tank power. But its looking better

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

Ok new update. The above list got a drubbing Vs T'au last night

HQ
[120] Deffkilla Wartrike - Snagga Klaw, Super Cybork Body - Warlord: Follow me Ladz
[112] Big Mek in Mega Armour - KFF, Kustom shoota, Da Killa Klaw

Troops
[30] 10 Gretchin
[30] 10 Gretchin
[30] 10 Gretchin

Elite
[175] 5 Mega nobz - Power Klaws and Kustom shoota
[65] Pain boy - Power Klaw

Fast
[110] Megatrukk Scrapjet
[110] Megatrukk Scrapjet
[120] Shokkjump Dragsta

Heavy
[149] Battle wagon - Deff Rolla, 2x Big Shoota
[93] 3 Mek Gunz - 3x Smasha Gunz
[93] 3 Mek Gunz - 3x Smasha Gunz

Flyer
[179] Wazbom Blastajet - 2x Wazbomb Mega Kannons, Smasha Gun, 2x Supa Shootas, Kustom Force Field

Transport

[64] Trukk - Big Shoota

[64] Trukk - Big Shoota

Totals - 2000pts, 102PL, 14Cps ( 15 Base, Follow me ladz +1, Warphead -1, Extra gubbinz -1, )

Big Mek, Meganobz, Pain boy all start in the Battlewagon. Shoota Boyz in the trukks.  Mek guns fill the back field. Slugga Boyz walk forward hoping for a Da Jump move.  Weirdboy hangs around the back field. The buggies all hang around with the Wazbom for the 5++. Mek was to fill the elite slot, but he can help to heal the Mek Gunz.

Now one option. I could drop the Deff Rolla and big shootas on the Battlewagon, the supa shootas on the Blastajet along with the Mek and add a Nob with a Banner to run along with the Meganobz. Go full deathstar

Thoughts now?

Edit: Typo

Edited by Soulshade, 11 November 2018 - 11:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users